Due to my impending entry into the realm of fatherhood, I’m transitioning out of my role as News Editor for Red94 and looking for a replacement.
Duties of the positions include:
- Writing the Rockets Daily (Monday-Friday)
- Posting breaking news updates such as major trades and acquisitions, career altering injuries, and epic Twitter beefs (kidding on that last).
- Coordinating the schedule of recaps and previews throughout the season (trickier than it sounds).
- Command of the English language
- Familiarity with the NBA blogosphere
- News judgement
- Obsession with basketball
- Humor (optional)
- Time (mandatory)
If you’re interested, send a writing sample (hint: send a sample version of a how you would write the Rockets Daily) along with some background information on yourself to email@example.com.
And in case you’re wondering, I’ll continue writing periodically for Red94 after the position is filled.