Some thoughts before Game 4…
- My apologies for the lack of content these past few days: things have been hectic with finals right around the corner.
- The funny thing is, despite being down 0-3, I actually feel pretty confident. The prospect of actually winning 4 games and winning the entire series seems completely overwhelming, but tonight? I think it’s 50/50 that we win. And then a Game 5? I think that’s 50/50. And so on. It’s rare you can say that down 0-3 in a 1-8 matchup. I just don’t feel that doom and despair that I did after Game 1.
- The Rockets have to be kicking themselves over the thought that they could have been up 2-1 in this series right now having held controlling leads late in Games 2 and 3. That’s depressing. But they couldn’t close it out making the mental errors you’d expect from a team this young (see: fouling the Thunder while down just 1 but with 35 seconds left on the clock.). They just cannot maintain the attention to detail for prolonged periods required to win at this level. That’s fine – they’ll learn. That’s what this is all about.
- If he’s still in pain, I’d sit Jeremy Lin tonight. If he’s in too much pain to shoot, he can’t help this team.
- Francisco Garcia – I still think back to last year when I wrote of my disgust over the “choir boy” ethos of this team – that acts like having a teammate’s face stepped on were not met with any retribution. Several of you disagreed stating that toughness was turning the other cheek and playing hard. I disagree with that sentiment so, so, so much. You saw Saturday night the importance of attitude. Garcia didn’t need to raise a fist, as some assumed I meant was necessary – he just set the tone by giving Perkins an earful from the bench and then getting into Durant during the game, throwing a few shoves and elbows. It was the difference. This is a psychological game and “playing hard” isn’t enough unless you’re just that good and don’t need it.
- I don’t know what the strategy should be tonight. Perhaps just pray for divine intervention?
- Steph Curry: My God. I can honestly say, I have never seen anything like what happened last night in the 3rd quarter. Here’s to hoping that kid can stay healthy because they’ll be in my League Pass 5 next year.
- I’m kind of anxious to get the Dwight Howard speculation underway. Last summer, it was just speculation over whether he’d be open to a trade. This time around, with reports stating that he’ll be testing the waters of free agency, he’s actually going to be meeting with the team. That will make for some interesting conversation.
View this discussion from the forum.
This entry was posted in previews
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL
You will be prompted to login with your forum username. Please login and return to this page to leave a comment.