Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RollingWave : (19 June 2013 - 05:12 AM) so the head band is like a final power seal for Lebron, only open in absolute need
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:51 AM) Ray Allen, why not. This is going to be 5.2 intense seconds of ball.
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:39 AM) Holy crap, that Parker 3.
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:38 AM) Please let there be a game 7, and let this be the margin in the 4Q of 7. Awesome.
@  RollingWave : (19 June 2013 - 03:18 AM) oh my, this is an epic game .. one more run by Duncan should....
@  2016Champions : (17 June 2013 - 05:26 AM) I had a feeling Ginobili would regress to the mean.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:33 AM) Now I had no idea Ginobli was gonna pull a Wade and turn back the clock. I give Pop the majority of the credit for that.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:32 AM) I don't think it was too ballsy on San Antonio's part. With the way Splitter has been playing and since Miami has started Miller the last two games, I thought it was inevitable that Ginobli would start.
@  RollingWave : (17 June 2013 - 02:57 AM) I must say that both team had some serious ballsy lineup changes this series, Ginobilli start? and dominate?
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 09:26 PM) According to Dr. Klapper, treatment for Parker's hamstring will only last one half. Lateral movement and jumping will be a problem.
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 04:56 AM) Parker said Pop was very angry with him for the constant nagging insisting he can play, Pop really didn't want Parker to play. Just goes to show Pop knows best.
@  RollingWave : (16 June 2013 - 04:28 AM) Parker says his hamstring is almost shot , that would probably doom the Spurs if he can't play at least 80%
@  2016Champions : (15 June 2013 - 12:38 AM) Miami is 6-0 in playoffs following losses (outscoring opponents by 20.7 PPG in those games). They've won 12 straight games following losses.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:50 PM) The Heat are notoriously slow starters. Once they get going it's like a snowball effect, they get more dangerous as they go along.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM) My heart says SA, but my mind says MIA
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 11:06 AM) Anybody else going to San Antone for Game 5??
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 10:15 AM) The Heat is doomed / the Spurs is doom , repeat until game 7
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 06:28 AM) Now that Wade's knee doesn't seem to be bothering him anymore, Spurs are in trouble.
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 06:26 AM) Mark Twain once was quoted--Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Not sure that motivates the Heat but food for thought for whatever that is worth!
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:43 AM) What happened to Parker that second half? Hamstring caught up to him?

Photo

Game 4: OKC Thunder @ Houston Rockets

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Possibly the last Houston Rockets for the next 6 months.  Discuss.

#2 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,068 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

I was very happy with game 2, and happy with the second half of game 3. If we play well in game 4, win or lose, I will have no complaints and continue to look forward to a promising future for the Rockets. 

Don't be too quick to assume you're right and the experts are wrong. 

"A fool who recognizes his own ignorance is thereby in fact a wise man, but a fool who considers himself wise -- that is what one really calls a fool." ~Gautama Buddha

#3 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 410 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Would be nice to win this one, Durant was unreal last game and we were still in it after a horrible start either way this offseason should be fun.

#4 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 2,068 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

One thing I didn't like about game three was how we just let Durant walk it up the court. He has handles, but that doesn't mean we can't make it a little harder for him. I would love to see Beverley pressure Durant in game 4 at least until Durant crosses half-court, and then Bev can switch back onto his proper defensive assignment (just like Avery Bradley does to guys like Wade and Joe Johnson). Worst case scenario is Bev gets in foul trouble (which he did last game anyway) and we play more Lin/Brooks--preferably Brooks. People might argue Brooks is a defensive liability but his defense isn't a big problem if he's defending Fisher/Jackson, and he has already proven he can single handedly win a series. 

"A fool who recognizes his own ignorance is thereby in fact a wise man, but a fool who considers himself wise -- that is what one really calls a fool." ~Gautama Buddha

#5 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

Would you all bench Jeremy Lin for this game?  If he's still injured, I would.  He's not helping this team if he is in too much pain to hit shots.

#6 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 2,068 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

I think it will be a game-time decision. Lin needs to show he can make his shots leading up to the game, and then how much time he gets should depend on how well he plays. 

#7 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
        • 988 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

I'd absolutely bench him for the game.  The odds are stacked against us for the series, what's the difference between losing in 4 and losing in 5? Pride maybe, but that's it.  Our team should already be proud, we've played really hard against one of the best teams in the league and if it weren't for some mistakes(which are to be expected with a new young team) we could've at least come out with 1/2 wins.  If he plays and gets injured further it helps no one.  

Have a Twitter? Post your info here and have it added to gain more followers and faster Rockets and Red94 news.
          http://www.red94.net...ic/310-twitter/

#8 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 2,068 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

I don't think this is one of those injuries that will become a reoccurring injury, he's not risking his future by playing through it. I just want him to get the playoff experience that could help him in the long term, but I would understand he he gets pulled really quickly if he doesn't look

#9 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 988 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

What about it doesn't look like it could be reoccuring?  The part that it happened on Wednesday and then again on Saturday?  Continued trauma to it will result in the injury getting worse and being harder to get over.  Not to mention, he isn't going to get much if any experience if he gets sat on the bench because it flares up.  One day rest isn't enough, if we win Monday's game, MAYBE he's okay to play Wednesday in OKC.

Have a Twitter? Post your info here and have it added to gain more followers and faster Rockets and Red94 news.

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,068 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

I'm usually against anyone playing until they're 100% healed, especially if it's something like an ACL or some kind of injury to a major joint, but I've just never heard of anyone having a career ending muscle contusion before. I guess it depends on the severity of the contusion  but the fact he even tried to play on Wednesday means he didn't fracture a bone or sprain the muscle. It's basically a really bad bruise. 

#11 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
            • 988 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

Didn't say career ending, or season ending, I said it could delay it getting better.  As shown by the last game, he can't play through it very well anyways, so why push him?  

#12 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 201 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

If he can't get into loose balls or take a charge or run into a pick without hurting then you will have to sit him. Also shooting without wincing and not being afraid of going to the rim, if he can do all that without impeding him then he should play. Anyone who couldn;t shoot, drive, go for loose balls or shoot shouldn't be on the court. Because you just have a glorified ball mule to take the ball to half court and a pylon standing in the corner with no purpose.

#13 Dan G

Dan G

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 105 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

If he can't get into loose balls or take a charge or run into a pick without hurting then you will have to sit him. Also shooting without wincing and not being afraid of going to the rim, if he can do all that without impeding him then he should play. Anyone who couldn;t shoot, drive, go for loose balls or shoot shouldn't be on the court. Because you just have a glorified ball mule to take the ball to half court and a pylon standing in the corner with no purpose.

I agree 100%. Besides, while Brooks completely sucked in game 2, he was mildly effective in game 3 and I saw a couple of flashes of his days tearing up the Blazers and Lakers.

#14 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 2,068 posts
                  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Didn't say career ending, or season ending, I said it could delay it getting better.  As shown by the last game, he can't play through it very well anyways, so why push him?  

I don't think anyone is pushing him, no one wants Lin to play more than Lin himself, and I don't see any reason why we should hold him back IF he looks like he can perform. "Delaying it form getting better" is not really a good enough reason to hold him back after you consider everything: 

• It's a minor muscle contusion which is another word for a bruise so lets not act like he actually tore the muscle or fractured a rib.
                  • This is probably the last NBA game he will play until October. What's the big deal? Are we trying to make sure he heals up before he visits his family?
                  • The kid clearly wants to play really badly, if it's not going to hinder his career in anyway why not give him a chance IF he looks good?
                  • Worse case scenario is he plays poorly and we pull him out after 4 minutes. Best case scenario is he gets valuable experience. The good outweighs the bad practically by default. 

That's just how I see it. Don't get me wrong, I think Beverley and Brooks give us a better chance to win, but I'm just not sure if (and I paraphrase) "delaying the bruise from getting better" is a the best reason to hold Lin back from playing a game he really wants to play. 

#15 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 448 posts
                  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

i know theyre basically in an insurmountable deficit, but i hope this isnt the last game.  getting to ACTUALLY WATCH the games has been fun.

#16 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 448 posts
                  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

well besides cursing crawford and our late TOs, its been fun to watch

#17 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
                  • 1,490 posts
                  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

If Lin's contusion is serious, which it appears to be, there is no way he can play effectively.  Bruises like that are debilitating...I presume everyone knows what a "dead-leg" punch is...that perfect strike to the nerve bundle in the thigh that renders your leg useless for a short period.  A serious contusion can feel like this and affect the muscle the same...except it doesn't go away after a few minutes.

#18 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 2,068 posts
                  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Maybe you're right about the severity of the contusion, he didn't partake in shootaround today though so that's not a good sign, I was hoping his range of motion would be fine and it would just be a matter of playing through swelling pain--something that you can almost forget about once the adrenaline kicks in.

#19 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
                  • 908 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

Would you all bench Jeremy Lin for this game?  If he's still injured, I would.  He's not helping this team if he is in too much pain to hit shots.

I would bench him considering he is injured and really hasn't been effective this series anyway. I say play Beverley 40 plus minutes unless Brooks is knocking down shots.

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#20 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
                  • 431 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

New post: Some thoughts before Game 4...
                    By: rahat huq

• My apologies for the lack of content these past few days: things have been hectic with finals right around the corner.

• The funny thing is, despite being down 0-3, I actually feel pretty confident.  The prospect of actually winning 4 games and winning the entire series seems completely overwhelming, but tonight?  I think it's 50/50 that we win.  And then a Game 5?  I think that's 50/50.  And so on.  It's rare you can say that down 0-3 in a 1-8 matchup.  I just don't feel that doom and despair that I did after Game 1.

• The Rockets have to be kicking themselves over the thought that they could have been up 2-1 in this series right now having held controlling leads late in Games 2 and 3.  That's depressing.  But they couldn't close it out making the mental errors you'd expect from a team this young (see: fouling the Thunder while down just 1 but with 35 seconds left on the clock.).  They just cannot maintain the attention to detail for prolonged periods required to win at this level.  That's fine - they'll learn.  That's what this is all about.

• If he's still in pain, I'd sit Jeremy Lin tonight.  If he's in too much pain to shoot, he can't help this team.

• Francisco Garcia - I still think back to last year when I wrote of my disgust over the "choir boy" ethos of this team - that acts like having a teammate's face stepped on were not met with any retribution.  Several of you disagreed stating that toughness was turning the other cheek and playing hard.  I disagree with that sentiment so, so, so much.  You saw Saturday night the importance of attitude.  Garcia didn't need to raise a fist, as some assumed I meant was necessary - he just set the tone by giving Perkins an earful from the bench and then getting into Durant during the game, throwing a few shoves and elbows.  It was the difference.  This is a psychological game and "playing hard" isn't enough unless you're just that good and don't need it.

• I don't know what the strategy should be tonight.  Perhaps just pray for divine intervention?

• Steph Curry: My God.  I can honestly say, I have never seen anything like what happened last night in the 3rd quarter.  Here's to hoping that kid can stay healthy because they'll be in my League Pass 5 next year.

• I'm kind of anxious to get the Dwight Howard speculation underway.  Last summer, it was just speculation over whether he'd be open to a trade.  This time around, with reports stating that he'll be testing the waters of free agency, he's actually going to be meeting with the team.  That will make for some interesting conversation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users