Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Omer Asik...UPDATE: Omer Asik asks for trade

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#21 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:37 AM

I see my crystal ball is still working. I knew something wasn't right with Asik. I been saying it since the beginning of the year. in all of the stuff I have seen on the Rockets I have seen no pictures of him laughing with his teammates. I'll tell you what set me off to this. in the preseason I was watching the Grizzly game and Asik was subbing Howard. normally the player going in and the player going out either hit hands or at least acknowledge each other.............Asik and D-12 didn't even look at each other. I know that might seen small, but not between these two players. I have been watching how they interacted and there has been little to no interaction between them. I was of the opinion that even if Asik couldn't be a starter he would be a professional and perform his job to the best of his abilities...................I no longer believe that.

Ohhhhhh, I see, you got a crystal ball. Maybe we should call you clairvoyant rockets fan!
How sweet it is!

#22 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,122 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

So its time to play the game of where Omer goes? But this time, the magical Morey is not in an advantageous position. Which way will Morey go? Young assets and with Expiring contracts or a solid rotation player.

The ESPN NBA Trade Machine is already bookmarked and it is time to break it out.

My number one dream scenario is Jeff Green. Jeff Green is great when he isn't the number one option. 

Asik and D.Mo for Jeff Green. We could even add Avery Bradley to the mix. The Celtics could not come to terms with Bradley and I am guessing they do not want to lose him for nothing. 

actually that's not a bad trade, but who plays backup center?

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#23 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

McHale not playing Asik, is he penalizing him for going public with the trade request?
    Protecting him from injury for the trade?
    Tactical choice?
    Or mere idiocy?
    This is not the way to treat a pro like Asik, who always worked hard, did not complain or ask for the limelight.
    McHale should have talked to Asik, explain his choice, which as far as I can see, he didnt.

Do you have any proof that McHale hasn't talked to Asik about the ongoing situation? This just kills me when people choose to criticize someone like McHale and simply make something up.

Personally, I have not at all been impressed with Asik this season. He was given an opportunity to prove his worth in the D12/Asik pairing the first few games of the season and all of us know how that experiment is turning out.

I believe the reason Asik is being benched the last couple of games could be a statement by the Coaches that he needs to step up his game to get back to being trusted enough to be placed back in the rotation. Even if he only gets a 4 minute stint here and there, he needs to show some energy and life to give the Coaches a reason to play him more.

At this point, Asik is playing so badly he can't even be trusted to back up D12 when D12 takes a rest during the game.

Edited by rocketrick, 15 November 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#24 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

ESPN reported that Lin was blindsided by demotion. What can you expect from Kevin McHale. He is a Hall of Famer with big ego.

Can you please substantiate by providing a link to the ESPN article or video stating your claim?

It seemed quite obvious to me even before midway through preseason that McHale was experimenting with who to start at PG. I'll do further research but I am quite certain Jeremy Lin was even quoted during preseason as stating he was fine with whatever the Rockets decided.

I absolutely, seriously doubt Jeremy Lin was blindsided.

Yet more proof of another Coach McHale detractor making something up.

#25 Richards

Richards

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...houston-rockets

#26 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...houston-rockets

Thanks for the link. It is quite evident reading through the article that Lin was "blindsided" because of his desire and competitive nature to be the Rockets starting point guard, not because of how this unfolded.

"It was a blow to Jeremy, a big blow", the source (his agent?) said, "because he definitely wanted to start. But he rebounded pretty quickly realizing this would allow him some time away from Harden and more freedom with the ball."

"I didn't sign with Houston expecting that we would have Dwight and James today," Lin said, "That was just something that happened....in the beginning of last year, we saw some huge struggles with me and James. Not just me and James, but everybody just trying to mesh together."

"This year, it's not like we don't have any of those issues. There still are chemistry problems. Not problems, but there are still things that we're still trying to get better at."

#27 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,122 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Ohhhhhh, I see, you got a crystal ball. Maybe we should call you clairvoyant rockets fan!

good one :lol:  :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#28 akozanli7

akozanli7

• Members
          • Pip
          • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

Do you have any proof that McHale hasn't talked to Asik about the ongoing situation? This just kills me when people choose to criticize someone like McHale and simply make something up.

I dont make anything up, just write my observation by saying "it seems to me".

Asik looked like surprised  and sad last night for not playing despite Howard's problems and Smith's injury.

The guy was arguably the second most important player last year.

He knows he will never see much playing time when Howard's here.

You can make a statement to undisciplined, selfish, lazy, me-first type of players by benching them but not to hard working, silent, team-first gents like Omer.

#29 Richards

Richards

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

McHale should have said no comment. Instead he put words in Asick mouth. 

#30 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

McHale should have said no comment. Instead he put words in Asick mouth.

Not sure what you are saying, can you be more specific instead of taking another cheap shot at Coach McHale??

#31 Fury

Fury

• Members
                • Pip
                • 27 posts
                • LocationLee's Summit, MO

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Wrong. ESPN reports that they told Asik that he is not to be traded anytime soon

Any chance they say that just to get other teams to think they aren't desperate? If other teams see them as desperate, they won't be able to bring as much in via trade.

#32 Fury

Fury

• Members
                • Pip
                • 27 posts
                • LocationLee's Summit, MO

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

So its time to play the game of where Omer goes? But this time, the magical Morey is not in an advantageous position. Which way will Morey go? Young assets and with Expiring contracts or a solid rotation player.

The ESPN NBA Trade Machine is already bookmarked and it is time to break it out.

My number one dream scenario is Jeff Green. Jeff Green is great when he isn't the number one option. 

Asik and D.Mo for Jeff Green. We could even add Avery Bradley to the mix. The Celtics could not come to terms with Bradley and I am guessing they do not want to lose him for nothing. 

Trade machine says that this trade gives us 3 wins, takes 6 wins from the Celtics. Aren't the Celtics tanking? Sounds perfect for them!

#33 Richards

Richards

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Not sure what you are saying, can you be more specific instead of taking another cheap shot at Coach McHale??

McHale told reporters that Asik told him he was not feeling well and that is why he didn't use Asik. Asik looks very much normal on the bench, shaking his head when McHale used TJ after Smith was out injured.

#34 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Any chance they say that just to get other teams to think they aren't desperate? If other teams see them as desperate, they won't be able to bring as much in via trade.

In my opinion, the best leverage the Rockets have regarding possibly trading Asik is the well known Trade Deadline in February. The Rockets can continue pointing to that timeline if they are dissatisfied with trade proposals prior to that time.

And there is no need for the Rockets to even be forced into trading Asik by that time as Asik still has another year left on his back loaded contract with the Rockets.

Injuries happen all the time in the NBA and the best situation would be a contender or an up and coming team needing to make a move for a reliable post player like Asik.

Patience is actually a positive attribute.

#35 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

McHale told reporters that Asik told him he was not feeling well and that is why he didn't use Asik. Asik looks very much normal on the bench, shaking his head when McHale used TJ after Smith was out injured.

Interesting take, I also saw the video of Asik on the bench and he didn't look like he was about to die from the flu.

Still, Coach McHale is likely trying to take the high road rather than publicize minor distractions.

Asik simply needs to man up and prove his worth by kicking ass each and everytime he gets on the court and prove everybody wrong.

#36 Richards

Richards

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

I absolutely understand Asik's request and McHale's decision not to use him.

But I hope he play as long as he is in Rockets uniform. They all need to sort out their disagreements like grownup and professionals. 

#37 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                        • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I absolutely understand Asik's request and McHale's decision not to use him.
                          But I hope he play as long as he is in Rockets uniform. They all need to sort out their disagreements like grownup and professionals.

The best revenge is to live well. And Asik can start that by taking advantage each and every time he is on the court by exceeding expectations. That would be very good for the Rockets as a team, and very good for Asik in the long run. Otherwise, he may end up playing for an annual cellar dweller (last place team) the rest of his career.

#38 Richards

Richards

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

The best revenge is to live well. And Asik can start that by taking advantage each and every time he is on the court by exceeding expectations. That would be very good for the Rockets as a team, and very good for Asik in the long run. Otherwise, he may end up playing for an annual cellar dweller (last place team) the rest of his career.

Look at Lin, everybody thought his and Bev's defense were night and day. Some believe he was demoted. Anyhow, he play hard and kept better and better including his defense. I don't have numbers but I think his net (offense/defense) contribution to the teams is much better than Bev's/

#39 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 3,216 posts
                            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Asik for Millsap would be absolutely perfect. Horford has been complaining about the team's lack of size, and Horford is skilled enough to make a twin towers offense work. This trade would be great for both sides, we just have to wait until March for this to be possible.  

Edited by 2016Champions, 15 November 2013 - 06:01 PM.

#40 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 4,122 posts
                            • Locationhouston

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

Interesting take, I also saw the video of Asik on the bench and he didn't look like he was about to die from the flu.

Still, Coach McHale is likely trying to take the high road rather than publicize minor distractions.

Asik simply needs to man up and prove his worth by kicking ass each and everytime he gets on the court and prove everybody wrong.

I agree Asik is going about this the wrong way. he is not in position to force the Rockets hand so take lemons and make lemonade

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users