Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Omer Asik...UPDATE: Omer Asik asks for trade

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

...played a total of four minutes last night.  I don't know if that was due to matchups or what, but wow.  

#2 Richards

Richards

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 393 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

I still don't like Coach McHale rotation. He was so slow to react or initiate it. Most other coaches took timeout and came back with big play. Coach McHale took a timeout and came out flat. I even saw timeout was up before he scratch and draw any plan on board. I love TJ starting over Aisk though. But he should at least play Asik more. Our rebounding was bad lately.

#3 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,179 posts
      • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

Was Asik ill/nursing an injury? I didn't get a chance to watch the game but I'd have thought McHale would still want some size on the court when Howard hits the bench...

ST

#4 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,122 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

...played a total of four minutes last night.  I don't know if that was due to matchups or what, but wow.  

I feared this..................Asik may have begun to pout. in his time on the court the stat sheet is pretty clean. no points, no rebounds, no defense, no impact. I think the time to trade may have arrived.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#5 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 671 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

I feared this..................Asik may have begun to pout. in his time on the court the stat sheet is pretty clean. no points, no rebounds, no defense, no impact. I think the time to trade may have arrived.

To be fair people do go statless in 4 minutes due to circumstances, so I wouldn't go so far to say that he is pouting. That's just presumptuous.

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,122 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

To be fair people do go statless in 4 minutes due to circumstances, so I wouldn't go so far to say that he is pouting. That's just presumptuous.

true, but there was also lack of effort. that's why he was glued to the bench in the second half. McHale even went with Jones at center a short segment of the game.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#7 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 671 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I just think Asik may be unhappy, until I see more minutes when he plays without effort at all, I would reserve judgment. I believe he is a consummate pro and was our 2nd best player last year. Maybe he was sick since half of our team has the flu bug.

#8 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 393 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

What do you think he's worth?  I believe he's at a paul milsap range with second rounder.  That's about what I think he's worth right meow.

#9 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,596 posts
            • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

I think if Atlanta decides to blow up their roster they will want more back than Asik for Millsap. They would at least want 1 first rounder.

Why so Serious? :D

#10 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 4,125 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Agreed, I just can't see Atlanta giving up everything Millsap brings to the table--even if Asik and Horford would make for a very good frontcourt.

not-so-funny.gif

#11 Fury

Fury

• Members
            • Pip
            • 27 posts
            • LocationLee's Summit, MO

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

Jonathan Feigen is reporting that Omer Asik has asked to be traded within the past 48 hours.

Which teams are in need of a high-quality center? Asik may not be playing great this year, but morale can probably be blamed for that. Teams desperately needing a center will definitely be willing to trade for him. Thoughts on who would want him most?

http://blog.chron.co...s-to-trade-him/

#12 RudyT1995

RudyT1995

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 228 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:22 AM

Aww geez... that's too bad.

Getting fair value for him is going to be tougher than ever.  

#13 akozanli7

akozanli7

• Members
              • Pip
              • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:29 AM

McHale not playing Asik, is he penalizing him for going public with the trade request?

Protecting him from injury for the trade?

Tactical choice?

Or mere idiocy?

This is not the way to treat a pro like Asik, who always worked hard, did not complain or ask for the limelight.

McHale should have talked to Asik, explain his choice, which as far as I can see, he didnt.

#14 Richards

Richards

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

ESPN reported that Lin was blindsided by demotion. What can you expect from Kevin McHale. He is a Hall of Famer with big ego.

#15 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                  • 1,562 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:45 AM

McHale not playing Asik, is he penalizing him for going public with the trade request?

Protecting him from injury for the trade?

Tactical choice?

Or mere idiocy?

This is not the way to treat a pro like Asik, who always worked hard, did not complain or ask for the limelight.

McHale should have talked to Asik, explain his choice, which as far as I can see, he didnt.

How didn't he complain?  He's ASKED FOR A TRADE.  I'm confident he aired his complaints well before that, and if he didn't then it's his own fault.  

He's been so professional that he told management/reporters that he no longer wants to be a part of his team.  A guy doesn't want to play on your team, ok-don't play.  It happens in Pro Sports, and I can't blame the guy, but to blame McHale for how he's handled it- ABSURD.

#16 linonlyfan

linonlyfan

Rookie

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 60 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:22 AM

They might be deep in the works on a deal and don't want him injured? Too bad my knowledge of other teams needs is limited because this smells like something might go down soon.

#17 linonlyfan

linonlyfan

Rookie

• Members
                      • PipPip
                      • 60 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:32 AM

Wrong. ESPN reports that they told Asik that he is not to be traded anytime soon

#18 akozanli7

akozanli7

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:42 AM

Complaining and asking for a trade before the season are different things.

He foresaw what will happen after the Dwight trade.

The guy wants to play.

He didnt ask for the ball, cameras or did not complain about his teammates lack of defense, didnt create trouble in the locker room.

If he were a prima donna McHale couldnt do this to him. 

But he is a modest, hard working easygoing guy, doesnt care about stats but wins.

He is not a star of course but was developing and has lots of intangibles. 

Having said all this, I have to agree that going public NOW about a trade request is problematic.

It will decrease what Rockets will get in return.

#19 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 4,122 posts
                          • Locationhouston

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

I see my crystal ball is still working. I knew something wasn't right with Asik. I been saying it since the beginning of the year. in all of the stuff I have seen on the Rockets I have seen no pictures of him laughing with his teammates. I'll tell you what set me off to this. in the preseason I was watching the Grizzly game and Asik was subbing Howard. normally the player going in and the player going out either hit hands or at least acknowledge each other.............Asik and D-12 didn't even look at each other. I know that might seen small, but not between these two players. I have been watching how they interacted and there has been little to no interaction between them. I was of the opinion that even if Asik couldn't be a starter he would be a professional and perform his job to the best of his abilities...................I no longer believe that.

#20 Matt Maloney's Ghost

Matt Maloney's Ghost

Rookie

• Members
                          • PipPip
                          • 57 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:29 AM

So its time to play the game of where Omer goes? But this time, the magical Morey is not in an advantageous position. Which way will Morey go? Young assets and with Expiring contracts or a solid rotation player.

The ESPN NBA Trade Machine is already bookmarked and it is time to break it out.

My number one dream scenario is Jeff Green. Jeff Green is great when he isn't the number one option. 

Asik and D.Mo for Jeff Green. We could even add Avery Bradley to the mix. The Celtics could not come to terms with Bradley and I am guessing they do not want to lose him for nothing. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users