Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Royce White

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,125 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

you got royce ranked a little to high for me :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#42 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Topics more interesting than Royce White:

• Playoff chase
    • Jeremy's growth as a player
    • D-Mo vs. Thomas Robinson
    • To Josh Smith or not?
    • Chandler Parsons All-Star Potential

165. Will the Rockets bring back Delfino?
    220. Royce White

It's boring to me. It's not remotely interesting. It's just annoying at this point. Yet the media and just about everyone except die-hards (here, Dreamshake, Clutchfans) act like its the only topic pertaining to the team.

The Rockets are having problems with Royce White. This is News to me. When did it start? What happened?

#43 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 891 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Haha hate to add anything to this thread about White, but Woj is reporting that he's reporting BACK to RGV.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

lulwut

#44 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Twit. Royce White is a twit.

#45 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

He's a twit but he's a very talented twit, arguably top 5 in the draft. I hope he gets his act together. 

#46 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hope in one hand. Kaka in the other. See which one fills up faster.

#47 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,125 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

I have a better chance of flying in outta space than royce has of getting his sh^t  together. :lol: if I were in vegas I would bet the farm royce career will be over within 1 year. you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. no matter what we do for royce......until he decides he really wants to play basketball we are wasting our time. is that the old kenny rogers song I hear in the background.........you got to know when to hold'em know when to fold'em know when to walk away know when to run.................it time for us to fold'em

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#48 Bigtkirk

Bigtkirk

Rookie

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 87 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Doesn't sound as if Royce is going to be welcomed back with open arms by his RGV teammates.

#49 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,216 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Royce's contract is guaranteed for the first two years, we're not going to let him off easy by just cutting him. 

#50 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,125 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Royce's contract is guaranteed for the first two years, we're not going to let him off easy by just cutting him. 

we have already wasted 1...... this year. if by the trade deadline next year royce is still in la la land he will be unemployed

and I don't even need my crystal ball for that one :lol:

#51 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 891 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Is his 2nd yr contract fully guaranteed right away?

#52 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,125 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Is his 2nd yr contract fully guaranteed right away?

yes it is. him being a first round draft pick means the 1st two years are guaranteed no matter what.

#53 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 4,133 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Yup, another full year of Royce updates... :mellow:

#54 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,008 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Yup, another full year of Royce updates... :mellow:

Just wait until the summer league when he teases us with his skills before the crazy guy shows back up.

#55 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 393 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I hope you are wrong.  So far I see nothing of value in his game.  He should be blowing up the D League.  He may have the potential but honestly, potential is nothing to this guys progression because if his doctor tells him hes not progressing... he won't progress.

#56 Alituro

Alituro

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPipPip
              • 548 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

If the impossible ever came to fruition and he steps on the floor during a regular season game in a Rockets uniform, what will be the fans' reaction? I'm thinking boos. How inappropriate would the taunting be behind the glass from opposing fans when he shoots free throws? He's really dug himself into a hole.

#57 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 338 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

"Miscommunication" my a**!

Royce thought he could quit,was reminded if he's not going to play he's going to be suspended and Surprise!,he's back.

Had to laugh at his complaining about living in a hotel. Evidently he thought the Rockets should rent him a nice apartment. Except the NBA doesn't allow teams to do that as it violates the CBA as some team just might do that to get around the Salary Cap.

Wonder if at nerd-fest,after the exchange w/Cuban about Royce,Morey asked Cuban if he still wanted Royce 'cause Morey would make it happen in a heartbeat.

I believe Royce gets traded during the Draft trading period along w/the cash for the other team to buy him out.

#58 Stephen

Stephen

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 338 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

And top 5 talent in the Draft.

Maybe before,but now? Hmmm.

Lillard,Davis,MKG,Drummond,Barnes easily better. I'd argue Beal is better talent. Robinson and Ross have higher ceilings.

Leaving aside everything other than basketball,I'd rate all 8 higher than Royce.

#59 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 3,216 posts
                    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

It was a very nice hotel too, if he can't deal with that then what can he deal with? The Rockets even got him a nice RV and a driver to drive him to games. That's not good enough for him either. Do we need to get him a few pretty maids to give him sponge baths and massages too? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure his malady is real, but it seems like Rockets are doing everything they can and it's still not good enough for Royce. When asked what haven't the Rockets given him, the best he can come up with is "recognition and respect". Unbelievable...

#60 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 3,216 posts
                    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Royce White played well this game 3/26/13: http://www.youtube.c...v=0IpLvjM73LI#!

Talent is a terrible thing to waste. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users