Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (03 July 2015 - 07:17 AM) Well, Wes is a Mav
@  jorgeaam : (03 July 2015 - 04:56 AM) plus, jordan is probably getting 20 million a year, so I don't even think they can get both of them as they already have 24 million for parsons and dirk
@  jorgeaam : (03 July 2015 - 04:55 AM) Yeah Wes is apparently going there, but he's going to cost them a lot, $15 million or more / year
@  majik19 : (03 July 2015 - 03:21 AM) I read that Wes Matthews is close to signing there. If they signed Matthews and Jordan, they are a younger version of the team they had last year. But they would lack a creator.
@  bboley24 : (03 July 2015 - 02:49 AM) Is anyone noticing the complete implosion of the Dallas Mavericks?
@  jorgeaam : (03 July 2015 - 01:55 AM) If Phoenix lands Aldridge, they are going to be pretty scary
@  Cooper : (02 July 2015 - 08:58 PM) They're going big for Aldridge, if they miss, that trade and 4yrs for TC won't look real good.
@  thejohnnygold : (02 July 2015 - 08:38 PM) It's entirely possible the Rockets will simply return the same squad as last season and be better off for it
@  thejohnnygold : (02 July 2015 - 08:37 PM) Suns just pissed off Markieff Morris by trading away his brother. Remember, they agreed to sign on the cheap in order to stay together.
@  Mario Peña : (02 July 2015 - 08:19 PM) I'm definitely enjoying the Lakers fall as well.
@  Cooper : (02 July 2015 - 07:56 PM) Seeing big FA turn down LA/NY for Milwaukee and potentially Phx/San is an unexpected but enjoyable twist.
@  Mario Peña : (02 July 2015 - 07:29 PM) I gotta admit I'm enjoying watching the Blazers implode and their fans losing it.
@  majik19 : (02 July 2015 - 02:40 PM) also, just wanted to point out this insanity: With Draymond Green's reported signing, Steph Curry becomes the 6th-highest paid Warriors player (Thompson, Lee, Bogut, Iguodala, Green)
@  majik19 : (02 July 2015 - 02:40 PM) Contracts are going to rise proportionally. They'll have to readjust the MLE and biannual with the next negotiation, and max contracts may require adjustment as well. But basically, the MLE is ~5 mil with a ~60 mil cap, so expect it to be ~8.3 mil with a 100 mil cap. Max players will easily make 30 mil+ per year.
@  jorgeaam : (02 July 2015 - 04:50 AM) Well, Asik just signed a 5 year $58 million contract with the Pelicans, makes me wonder how much the contracts are going to rise with the new cap
@  rockets best... : (02 July 2015 - 03:05 AM) Llull not coming is good news to me
@  cointurtlemoose : (02 July 2015 - 01:33 AM) Welp... There is some consolation for us from Llull not coming, and that is that the Mavs are kind of imploding so far in free agency
@  majik19 : (01 July 2015 - 09:48 PM) the MLE isn't as valuable this year, unfortunately, because of the rising cap. With the deals being handed out, surprised Beverly hasn't gotten an offer yet...
@  Fury : (01 July 2015 - 09:29 PM) Keep in mind, the MLE is still in play if it isn't used on Llull.
@  txtdo1411 : (01 July 2015 - 09:21 PM) last year* not next year

Photo

Royce White:Im willing to quit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

via espn

http://espn.go.com/n...y-walk-away-nba

#2 LMAOwais

LMAOwais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHoustonish

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I was worried from the start he might try to hold this team hostage with his anxiety disorder. He says its a player = commodity driven league, sure I'll give him that, but he hasn't demonstrated he's a commodity, only a headache so far... Rockets FO hasn't handled this the best way possible, but Royce played his cards quite poorly.

#3 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Woj put it best when he said this has become an embarrassing spectacle.

White didn't realize how little leverage he has. That he seriously thought he could hold him hostage over playing time is....unbelievable.

Sad, because I, along with most, were on his side at the beginning when this first started before he began making a mockery of himself.

#4 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I was too. Did you read the deal about the globetrotters? That in itself should wake his butt up. I can see us severing ties and him getting over it and landing with another team. He's got the problems of a cousins with the attitude of a griffin/marbury. You remember the vasoline.

What was the ordeal about him saying that he shouldn't have brought it up in the first place? I thought that's what this whole charade is about.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

white is out of bounds with the comments on twitter. I didn't like this draft pick from the beginning, but later came around when I saw this guys talent. white is using his condition to try and gain favorable treatment within the team. a nba player is 2 equally important but seperate parts (mental and physical). this guy seems to have the physical down, but unable to handle the mental. we do not have time to hold his hand. the rockets have gone over and above the call of duty trying to help this guy and yet he continues to want more. at some point you have to draw the line in the sand and say look royce it's time to man up. if his condition is as bad as he is trying to make it sound then maybe the nba is not for him. if he can't handle the mental part of the game then cut ties with him. I hate to start beating the I hate mc hale drum again. but this was his desired pick. I say we cut ties with both.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#6 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I agree with what everyone has said. The rants on Twitter are completely out of line. The issues Royce has should have been talked about; prior to the draft, or; when he and the Rockets discussed his travelling plan. Even if the Rockets gave into his "demands" at this time, how long until he has more? This is an exact example of giving a man an inch and him taking a mile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users