Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (22 July 2014 - 03:11 AM) live by the three, die by the three.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:54 AM) 21% on three pointers by Canaan and company, damn.
@  feelingsuper... : (22 July 2014 - 02:51 AM) Rockets Summer Leaguers shot 32%, rough ending.
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:01 PM) I refer to the writers, as yall due to the multiple of them. We are the loyal readers. I should've word it better.
@  rockets best... : (20 July 2014 - 06:12 PM) we and y'all are the same people :lol:
@  bboley24 : (20 July 2014 - 12:32 PM) who is we and who is yall?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 08:21 AM) Can we get a post about defensive improvement or yall waiting until the defensive assistant gets chosen?
@  Buckko : (20 July 2014 - 07:37 AM) With internal improvement, the defensive minded FA acquisitions, and hopefully a good Defensive minded assistant. The rockets will be closer to a top 5 D than top 10.
@  miketheodio : (20 July 2014 - 05:55 AM) i wonder how much better the starting 5 will be with a wing who actually plays defense
@  rockets best... : (18 July 2014 - 09:26 PM) Kendall Marshall is Ish Smith of a few years ago
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 07:33 PM) Lakers waived Kendall Marshall, hes decent.
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:10 PM) @ slick shoes - And I'm bringing muzzles for them ladies in case they feel the need to start!
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2014 - 07:06 PM) @YaoMan I got a bit nervous at the Bosh strike out but one: FA isn't over and two: it's a long way until the trade deadline. As the saying goes, "It's not over until the fat lady sings."
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 07:00 PM) @ slick shoes, great points. Just nervous energy while all productive FAs are starting to get snatched up!
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 05:24 PM) yeah i doubt they bringing these guys in with the expectation of them being great, we just need guys to soak up some min maybe a few pan out, maybe they don't.
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2014 - 04:53 PM) We could possibly be just filling slots and/or acquiring trade pieces at this point. Also keep in mind that these contracts are short and cheap which makes them moveable and also keeps us flexible cap wise.
@  YaoMan : (18 July 2014 - 03:52 PM) Adrien, Dorsey and Ish Smith signings (all ex-Rockets) don't impress me in the least...They do not replace any of the production that has left...
@  bladad : (18 July 2014 - 11:38 AM) At this point, would you let go of Wiggins or Kyrie? Lebron could just play point forward for the team...
@  08huangj : (18 July 2014 - 02:36 AM) Reports say that the Rockets just signed Ish Smith?
@  Cooper : (18 July 2014 - 12:45 AM) I don't know if Id trade wiggins for love. Wiggins with lebron would wreck on D. having Irving love and waiters as generally minus defenders and no real rim protector could be a problem.

Photo

Royce White:Im willing to quit

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

via espn

http://espn.go.com/n...y-walk-away-nba

#2 LMAOwais

LMAOwais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHoustonish

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

I was worried from the start he might try to hold this team hostage with his anxiety disorder. He says its a player = commodity driven league, sure I'll give him that, but he hasn't demonstrated he's a commodity, only a headache so far... Rockets FO hasn't handled this the best way possible, but Royce played his cards quite poorly.

#3 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

Woj put it best when he said this has become an embarrassing spectacle.

White didn't realize how little leverage he has. That he seriously thought he could hold him hostage over playing time is....unbelievable.

Sad, because I, along with most, were on his side at the beginning when this first started before he began making a mockery of himself.

#4 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

I was too. Did you read the deal about the globetrotters? That in itself should wake his butt up. I can see us severing ties and him getting over it and landing with another team. He's got the problems of a cousins with the attitude of a griffin/marbury. You remember the vasoline.

What was the ordeal about him saying that he shouldn't have brought it up in the first place? I thought that's what this whole charade is about.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

white is out of bounds with the comments on twitter. I didn't like this draft pick from the beginning, but later came around when I saw this guys talent. white is using his condition to try and gain favorable treatment within the team. a nba player is 2 equally important but seperate parts (mental and physical). this guy seems to have the physical down, but unable to handle the mental. we do not have time to hold his hand. the rockets have gone over and above the call of duty trying to help this guy and yet he continues to want more. at some point you have to draw the line in the sand and say look royce it's time to man up. if his condition is as bad as he is trying to make it sound then maybe the nba is not for him. if he can't handle the mental part of the game then cut ties with him. I hate to start beating the I hate mc hale drum again. but this was his desired pick. I say we cut ties with both.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#6 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

I agree with what everyone has said. The rants on Twitter are completely out of line. The issues Royce has should have been talked about; prior to the draft, or; when he and the Rockets discussed his travelling plan. Even if the Rockets gave into his "demands" at this time, how long until he has more? This is an exact example of giving a man an inch and him taking a mile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users