Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

McHale should be considered for coach of the year honors

• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#41 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,125 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Pick me pick me!

I think the rotation should go as follows:

Asik - T-Rob (T-Rob's rim protection and rebounding is much better than Greg Smith's despite his height)

D-Mo - Parsons - Delfino 

Parsons - Delfino - Garcia

Harden - James Anderson - Lin/Beverley (Anderson needs more minutes, McHale should give him a chance)

Lin - Beverley - Brooks (sub Lin out early because I want Lin back in while Harden rests)

Can you put this into a minutes breakdown...this is more of a depth chart

#42 Jason

Jason

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Most of our players would not be nearly as good in other systems They benefit from our system aka McHale's coaching. So yes, with say a coach who run more of a half court style, we would be sitting at about 25 wins and Lin and Parsons especially would not be nearly as good.

#43 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,596 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Because Lin was horrible last year....lol. Do you even think about what you post?

Why so Serious? :D

#44 Jason

Jason

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 361 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Because Lin was horrible last year....lol. Do you even think about what you post?

No moron, Lin was in a wide open style offense last year! I said a coach who runs more of a half court style. Read my posts more carefully and/or
      actually think before you post a stupid comment.

#45 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Asik - T-Rob (T-Rob's rim protection and rebounding is much better than Greg Smith's despite his height)

D-Mo - Parsons - Delfino

Parsons - Delfino - Garcia

Harden - James Anderson - Lin/Beverley (Anderson needs more minutes, McHale should give him a chance)

Lin - Beverley - Brooks (sub Lin out early because I want Lin back in while Harden rests)

Can you put this into a minutes breakdown...this is more of a depth chart

I'll just give a basic explanation because the minutes would change depending on the circumstances, for example, I liked that Asik got alot of minutes that important game against the Warriors, although he was noticeably tired the next game against Toronto so he needed more rest that game.

I want T-Rob to only play behind Asik because of 2 reasons:

1. It's more synergistic if he is paired with a shooter at all times, so don't have T-Rob and Asik or Greg Smith on the floor at the same time unless we learn to how run the same plays Denver runs with their bigs.

2. He protects the rim and rebounds better than Greg Smith, and it's not even close.

At the 4, I want D-Mo to get the bulk of the minutes unless he's getting abused by a quicker opponent, in which case Parsons or Delfino should step in his place.

At the 3 keep it the way it is.

At the 2, James Anderson should be the only back-up, because unless there's something I don't know he's a good player who deserves this role.

Either Lin or Harden should be on the floor at all times, Lin and Harden's minutes should be distributed the same way Lebron's and Wade's are. Beverley fills in the gaps at the 1.

#46 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,122 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

No moron, Lin was in a wide open style offense last year! I said a coach who runs more of a half court style. Read my posts more carefully and/or
      actually think before you post a stupid comment.

you need to learn some manners. if you can't keep the insults out of your statements then go find you another forum to spread your garbage

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#47 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,122 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

I'll just give a basic explanation because the minutes would change depending on the circumstances, for example, I liked that Asik got alot of minutes that important game against the Warriors, although he was noticeably tired the next game against Toronto so he needed more rest that game.

I want T-Rob to only play behind Asik because of 2 reasons:

1. It's more synergistic if he is paired with a shooter at all times, so don't have T-Rob and Asik or Greg Smith on the floor at the same time unless we learn to how run the same plays Denver runs with their bigs.

2. He protects the rim and rebounds better than Greg Smith, and it's not even close.

At the 4, I want D-Mo to get the bulk of the minutes unless he's getting abused by a quicker opponent, in which case Parsons or Delfino should step in his place.

At the 3 keep it the way it is.

At the 2, James Anderson should be the only back-up, because unless there's something I don't know he's a good player who deserves this role.

Either Lin or Harden should be on the floor at all times, Lin and Harden's minutes should be distributed the same way Lebron's and Wade's are. Beverley fills in the gaps at the 1.

totally agree this is the way mchale should be doing it or at least trying it.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#48 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 891 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Most of our players would not be nearly as good in other systems They benefit from our system aka McHale's coaching. So yes, with say a coach who run more of a half court style, we would be sitting at about 25 wins and Lin and Parsons especially would not be nearly as good.

We don't run plays on the offense, which is fine, but you do realize that it is not an open secret that the way we run our offense is sort of what Morey told McHale he wanted to see right? :P

#49 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,122 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

We don't run plays on the offense, which is fine, but you do realize that it is not an open secret that the way we run our offense is sort of what Morey told McHale he wanted to see right? :P

I don't think the problem is the shots as much as it is how we go about setting them up. any team without low post game will not survive in the playoffs. we need to be polishing d-mo because he is our best option down there.

#50 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

I don't think the problem is the shots as much as it is how we go about setting them up. any team without low post game will not survive in the playoffs. we need to be polishing d-mo because he is our best option down there.

I think the Heat (and not to mention Jordan's Bulls) have shown us that a low post game is not a pre-requirement of winning a championship.

However, a half-court offense is very important in the playoffs because defenses tend to hustle back harder eliminating alot of points in transition (hence the act the Nuggets usually look so much better in the regular season than they do in the playoffs). So D-Mo's post game is more of a luxury than it is a necessity, we should use it if there's a mis-match, otherwise we should stick to our usual style of utalizing the pick and roll, drive and kick, ect.

#51 Jason

Jason

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 361 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

you need to learn some manners. if you can't keep the insults out of your statements then go find you another forum to spread your garbage

Give me a break. Look at some of the posts flowing my responses. Don't act like I am the only one making such remarks. It's sad that I have to defend a coach that has done a great job for us this year against a bunch of unappreciative supposed rockets fans. Not to mention that the guy lost his daughter during the season so I'm sure his mind isn't always 100% on basketball. I will show respect to y'all when you show some respect for the man who is our coach and has done a great job.

#52 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,596 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

following* Lol. I feel for him, but this and that are two separate issues.

#53 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,122 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

I think the Heat (and not to mention Jordan's Bulls) have shown us that a low post game is not a pre-requirement of winning a championship.

However, a half-court offense is very important in the playoffs because defenses tend to hustle back harder eliminating alot of points in transition (hence the act the Nuggets usually look so much better in the regular season than they do in the playoffs). So D-Mo's post game is more of a luxury than it is a necessity, we should use it if there's a mis-match, otherwise we should stick to our usual style of utalizing the pick and roll, drive and kick, ect.

I agree that we shouldn't abandon our regular offense just add to it. d-mo can help us in those moments in the game when teams are overplaying our regular offense

#54 datruth

datruth

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 162 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:26 PM

This is the facts Rockets have not been in the playoffs in four years. Secondly, The Houston area has a lot of minorities who belive in equal treatment in life and in sports. So when things look or seem unfair people get emotional. Not saying that they are, but actions speak louder than words. So on the outside looking in people ask why does Mchale do this or why does he do that, because at times it seems unfair. Maybe there is a reason for his coaching style, but we have to questions is this something in the long term that helps the development of these players.

#55 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,122 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Give me a break. Look at some of the posts flowing my responses. Don't act like I am the only one making such remarks. It's sad that I have to defend a coach that has done a great job for us this year against a bunch of unappreciative supposed rockets fans. Not to mention that the guy lost his daughter during the season so I'm sure his mind isn't always 100% on basketball. I will show respect to y'all when you show some respect for the man who is our coach and has done a great job.

I would like to believe you aren't a troll, but you are acting troll-ish :lol: go spew your garbage in chron.com where the idiots live. you should feel right at home there

#56 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,596 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

This is the facts Rockets have not been in the playoffs in four years. Secondly, The Houston area has a lot of minorities who belive in equal treatment in life and in sports. So when things look or seem unfair people get emotional. Not saying that they are, but actions speak louder than words. So on the outside looking in people ask why does Mchale do this or why does he do that, because at times it seems unfair. Maybe there is a reason for his coaching style, but we have to questions is this something in the long term that helps the development of these players.

I'm white, and even I thought that post was SUPER-racist. Are you a Neo-Nazi? Aryan Brotherhood? Lol.

#57 Jason

Jason

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 361 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

I would like to believe you aren't a troll, but you are acting troll-ish :lol: go spew our garbage in chron.com where the idiots live. you should feel right at home there

Acting trollish because I don't buy into your idiotic belief that McHale is a bad coach despite our record proving otherwise? That makes sense.

#58 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,596 posts
            • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Acting trollish because I don't buy into your idiotic belief that McHale is a bad coach despite our record proving otherwise? That makes sense.

Your main argument is the record. Next you'll be saying that Carlisle is a HORRIBLE coach because of the Mavericks' record.

#59 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,122 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

where did that one come from. how is race related to what we are talking about. I don't understand your angle.....please inlighten me :wacko:

#60 datruth

datruth

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 162 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Again, maybe their is a reason to Mchale coaching style. I'm not an asian, but I'm a father, husband and a leader of men.  I know the leader sets the pace for those that follow him. So in being a leader I know that it's important to be consistent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users