Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/

Photo

Bold Predictions for 2014-15

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#21 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

@Steven

I got my fingers crossed :)

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#22 Dayak

Dayak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationBorneo Island

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

Canaan wins 2015 NBA Sixth Man of the Year Award.

#23 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Omer Asik leads the league in rebounding.

Here's another one: Dwight Howard wins the MVP.  There's a chance that he's still just recovering from the back injury and will just now this year be rounding into form.  I think after the way this summer went for Houston, losing Parsons and losing out on Bosh, if Houston has a big year, the voters will be on their side as an underdog.  And Dwight would be at the heart of that if he could regain the power and explosiveness of his Orlando days.  

#24 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,635 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

This is true along with the constantly improving post game and hopefully more PnRs. However the big statement that needs to be said is how much the addition of ariza and harden's supposed defensive improvement will help dwight on the defensive side of the ball. We had one of worst defensive wing pairs in the league last year with parsons and harden along with another bad defender in jones and offenses just murder dwight on the interior, but he still some how anchored our D to a top 10 level for most of the year until he got injured. That is amazing how he spent all his time on defense making up for other player's mistakes and we were still top 10 for defensive rankings. If noah and howard were switched places, we can all agree no way in hell Noah wins DPOY. I have serious belief Howard could win another DPOY with the added perimeter defense.

#25 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 671 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:05 PM

I agree bucko except with the ever improving post moves. He doesn't have any, he could outmuscle Lopez and against centers where he can push over he will dominate. But against strong centers he doesn't have the footwork or moves to consistently beat his man. I do believe he will be a contender for MVP and dpoy.

#26 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,635 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

I disagree thenit as his decision making and foot work fluidity continue to improve, so will his post game.

#27 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 671 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:22 AM

He hasn't develop in the post in the past few years so he will decline the same way shaq did, not gracefully once the athleticism and power is gone. He couldn't beat Steve Adams and brgnani and others. It's the one critique I have of Dwight and his turnovers where 1 out of 5 poss ends up in a turnover. His ego is too big when he is the best roll man in the league and refuse to run it.

He can still be a MVP candidate if he is willing to set proper screens and roll. If he wants to listen to shaq, he will have results against some and be terrible against others.

#28 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,865 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:03 AM

D12 is as motivated and determined, if not moreso, than any single Rockets player on the roster currently. I think his willingness to work on his post game with Hakeem speaks volumes about how determined he is to become more efficient. Will he turn into the next Jabbar or next Hakeem or next Chamberlain, etc.? Very doubtful, but in today's league that has less impactful players at the 5 position, no doubt D12 can be a force.

I would like to see D12 become a more willing passer when he sees his path to an efficient shot blocked. Teams are going to sag on him leaving some of our 3 point shooters wide open. That was clearly one of the factors in Hakeem turning into a more efficient player as he matured.

#29 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
              • 1,415 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

Something seems to have changed about Dwight since last year.  He seems to have matured from the unlikeable Dwight that most in the national media cite, almost maturing.  And I think the loss to Portland was hard on him.  But with Dwight, its never been an issue of effort.  Its of ability.  Is he physically there?  Moreover, does he continue developing his post game?

#30 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,635 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

Thenit Dwight has bragged countless times about the PNR between him and harden. That's the coaches decision to not run it.

#31 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,865 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

Thenit Dwight has bragged countless times about the PNR between him and harden. That's the coaches decision to not run it.

Actually for some strange reason (injury potential, I have no clue), D12 avoids PnR as much as possible no matter who runs the P

#32 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,865 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:17 PM

It's certainly cool to blame McHale and all his assistants however since they are on the sidelines in 2- or 3- piece suits and the Haters can simply choose to point a finger the wrong direction and claim to know it all.

#33 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 2,596 posts
                      • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Mchale is the Greatest coach of all time.

Why so Serious? :D

#34 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPip
                      • 1,865 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

yeah whatever dude

#35 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                        • 4,123 posts
                        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Something seems to have changed about Dwight since last year.  He seems to have matured from the unlikeable Dwight that most in the national media cite, almost maturing.  And I think the loss to Portland was hard on him.  But with Dwight, its never been an issue of effort.  Its of ability.  Is he physically there?  Moreover, does he continue developing his post game?

I think he does continue developing his post game.  I was able to see lots of the things he worked on with Dream (at least what you can find on Youtube) develop throughout the season.  I think that once he gets better at reading the defense and acting quickly (i.e. not thinking just doing) he is going to be as dominant as ever in the post.  Last season, he was thinking too much.

#36 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 4,120 posts
                        • Locationhouston

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

@TTDN

"McHale is the greatest coach of all time" should I take out my metal bat and start bashing his brains out until you submit? McHale is in the bottom five coaches in the league. the man is an albatross to the coaching profession. he should be banned for life from ever coaching on this planet again. no NBA no college and no pee wee league :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#37 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 2,008 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

@TTDN
                          "McHale is the greatest coach of all time" should I take out my metal bat and start bashing his brains out until you submit? McHale is in the bottom five coaches in the league. the man is an albatross to the coaching profession. he should be banned for life from ever coaching on this planet again. no NBA no college and no pee wee league :lol:

But if Erik Spolestra can win two rings, then McHale will probably win 5 or 6 as a HC.

#38 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 2,596 posts
                          • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

We don't have Lebron....

Why so Serious? :D

#39 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 2,008 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

Considering Spolestra cost LeBron two rings, don't think we "need" LeBron. Harden/Howard are good enough to win the championship.

#40 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 4,120 posts
                            • Locationhouston

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

@Steven

Harden and Howard are good enough to win the championship, minus McHale add new coach and mix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users