Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Adding insult to injury: the Spurs against the Blazers

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 Baller93

Baller93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

Best thing for the Rockets is to trade Harden and build this team in the mold of the Rockets in the 90s.  With the core being built around Dwight ala Hakeem back in the day.  Once Harden is gone, the ball movement should be better, team chemistry should be much better due to less isos, and the team defensively should go waaaaaaaayy up, since the team doesn't have to constantly cover for him.

The honeymoon is over for him and its time to move on.  Once he's gone, this team should really flourish in the post season.  His pickup ball style of play and mental fortitude fits well in the regular season, but has no room for on a playoff bound team.

#42 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,865 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

My experience on these boards is simply that the pro-Lin fans believe that Harden is the devil and McHale should have been fired before he was hired.

#43 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
      • 2,309 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Best thing for the Rockets is to trade Harden and build this team in the mold of the Rockets in the 90s. With the core being built around Dwight ala Hakeem back in the day. Once Harden is gone, the ball movement should be better, team chemistry should be much better due to less isos, and the team defensively should go waaaaaaaayy up, since the team doesn't have to constantly cover for him.

The honeymoon is over for him and its time to move on. Once he's gone, this team should really flourish in the post season. His pickup ball style of play and mental fortitude fits well in the regular season, but has no room for on a playoff bound team.

I agree with rocketrick. Baller93 you should post this opinion of yours as a topic, I'd really like to see the response you get.

This is just priceless "it's time to move on." Wow.
      How sweet it is!

#44 Baller93

Baller93

• Members
      • Pip
      • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:55 PM

I agree with rocketrick. Baller93 you should post this opinion of yours as a topic, I'd really like to see the response you get.

Good idea.  I will when I get home.  I'm curious to the response as well.

#45 Baller93

Baller93

• Members
        • Pip
        • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

My experience on these boards is simply that the pro-Lin fans believe that Harden is the devil and McHale should have been fired before he was hired.

Not sure what Lin has to do with Harden being the devil, don't see the correlation but alrighty then.  I suppose some people are still jealous of Lin, when a topic comes up on Harden and they try to deflect attention away to Lin. perhaps?  That makes no sense, but some people always refuse to see... ::smh::

#46 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

Lets send harden to philly for one of there 9 second round picks might as well dump that ball hog chandler parsons on them too, surround Dwight with some dleagers and hope he can carry us to the 9 seed.

#47 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,125 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:10 PM

@Baller93

you're new here so let me pull you to a side bar for a second :lol: if you post that topic be prepared for the backlash. we all know Harden's faults, but ain't nobody talking about getting rid of him. every time I post you see that caption under the post?..................I'm telling you the bridge is out :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#48 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
            • 2,309 posts
            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Good one Cooper, maybe we could trade Harden for Afflalo and rid ourselves of the cancer. We could build a defensive team and let Lin and Howard run the offense. Sure path to a championship!

Hahahahahahaaa!
            How sweet it is!

#49 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

Good one Cooper, maybe we could trade Harden for Afflalo and rid ourselves of the cancer. We could build a defensive team and let Lin and Howard run the offense. Sure path to a championship!

Hahahahahahaaa!

I don't know Afflalo took quite a few shots in orlando wouldn't want that to get to his head. 

#50 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:20 PM

Maybe Hardens friend Durant could convince their management to take back the ball hog for a couple real players like Perk and Adams.

#51 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                • 2,309 posts
                • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

You're right, Harden for some second round picks or defensive role players, that's what the Rockets need, haha! This team will improve so much since Harden has no place on a playoff team. (When someone says that seriously, what does that even mean?)
                How sweet it is!

#52 bladad

bladad

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 104 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

@rottendoubt

Great, glad you have been reading awhile. Good luck wherever you end up. Anyone that seriously thinks Harden is a cancer and a diva is not welcome here (criticize his isolation defense, effect on ball movement or effort on court but calling him names and passing it off as analysis is something Red94 can do without). Sure we all have problems with different players flaws on the current roster but calling players a cancer is just rediculous especially when you provide no explanation. Good bye.

I like the part where he called you out your tendencies to belittle other people's comments with derogatory statements and you deflected to his pretty fair and objective observations. Just because you disagree with people and you're a mod doesn't mean you have the right or mandate to drop these shining examples of unnecessary and unwarranted statements.

Now, you throwing the word around foolish is unnecessary and isn't warranted here.

what about "uninspired drivel", "wacky" "senselessness"?  that's the same as saying, "your post reads like a retarded buffoon's blowhole". 

Just Super Saiyin,

#53 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 4,125 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

@bladad

often when I read post like your's I think to myself.......if you can't say something nice, funny, informative or at least respectful......WHY SAY ANYTHING AT ALL? an old man once told me (a wise man knows the difference between when to talk and when to shut up. saying the wrong thing is worse than say nothing at all) ........................think I'm kidding? ask Donald Sterling

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#54 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                  • 2,309 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2014 - 04:54 PM

@bladad

There is nothing objective there (rottendoubt and Baller93's posts), nothing of value and that's not a judgement because I disagree that is me passing judgement on inferior content that I will discourage actively at certain times when I deem it necessary. There are debates I have been occupied with in the last week or so where I vehemently disagree (for example with rockets best fan on McHale) but at least the ideas are not absurd like what's in question here. Seriously, if that's what new members believe to be good debate I am formally putting a call in to more established members to try to talk sense to some of this nonsense like trading Harden, what a joke. I thought if you posted here you all would realize that being grounded in reality might be helpful.

How sweet it is!

#55 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                  • 4,134 posts
                  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:17 PM

Just a reminder since it seems there are some problems bubbling up.  There is a difference between attacking someone's words and someone's person.  One we condone, the other we do not.

We have made an attempt to open our site to Lin fans and create a harmonious place where both Lin/Rockets fans can exist.  This has not gone well anywhere else--so far, Red94 has been the best (correct me if I'm wrong).

Now, this has been contingent on some basic understandings--from both sides.  For Rockets fans, it is to accept that the perspectives of some are going to have a focus on Jeremy and topics will often be viewed through that lens and focus on what is better for him, or what pertains to him, etc.  We can all live with this.

For Lin fans, it is to understand that this is a Rockets Forum that existed before Jeremy and will exist after him.  Contrary to recent opinion, everyone is welcome here.  We ask that you come prepared to discuss all aspects of the Rockets and try to include "team" perspectives as well as Lin-focused ones in your thoughts and posts.  Understand that Lin is one of 15 other guys on the team and it is the team we care about.

Easy enough, right?  It was working well, but we're still working through some issues...

First, let us all remember the recent lesson in the Bill of Rights--Free Speech.  Everyone is welcome to come here and post.  However, you are not free from persecution for the content of your posts.  Heck, you guys should read some of the things I endured while lobbying for the free agent acquisition of Josh Smith (for the record, glad we dodged that bullet and I am reluctant to even remind people it happened) and plenty of other stupid things (or at least perceived as stupid) I have posted. 

The point is, everyone has the right to say what they want, but be prepared to have your words--words, not person--torn apart if it is not a popular opinion.  Guess what?  Obviously Pro-Lin (and it is obvious, people) posts are not going to be popular and the ideas put forth in them will be attacked.  Could it be more civil at times--sure, but usually a poster gets what they give.  Put forth a thoughtful post and, even if it is not agreed with, you will get thoughtful replies.  Put forth a string of unsupported insults and negativity and, voila, you get the same in return.

Now, I know it is easy to get one's feelings hurt and take another poster's response personally--I have felt that way myself.  However, try to separate yourself from the posts and see if it is really directed at you, or your words.  I think recently this delineation has become unclear.

Accusations about being biased, one-sided, skewed, opinion-stifling forum nazis can be put to rest.  Like it or not, there is some dirty work to do in keeping Red94 an oasis in a desert of fan forums.  Without moderator action this place would quickly get over-run with Lin/Rox fan vitriol (far worse than anything we have here) and WWE-style smack talk, with little actual analysis or insight.

Watch Idiocracy, and remember--it's not a comedy--it's a warning.  It's fine if that's what you're into.  You just want to let off some steam and blow hard about how much you hate player X, or whatever--go for it.  This is not really up to standard here--there are better places for this.  Here, if you want to rail against a player, or coach, then please provide support and reasoning--not just, "So and so sucks!"...we aren't 12 years old, are we? (no offense to any twelve year olds reading :) )

Likewise, if you can't help but parrot out some broken record Harden/McHale hate that can be read, verbatim, on a number of other sites and forums then either provide some support (preferably with links to verify) or be prepared for the backlash without getting upset by it.

Ultimately, there is but one persecution one can suffer here--that of not being a Rockets fan.  We all disagree with one another about players, coaches, strategies, but one thing is certain--we all love the Rockets--which in some weird way binds us together.  Like a family, we bicker and argue, but, in the end, we are together.  The best way to belong around here is through the love of a bunch of men running around on a hardwood court while bouncing a ball wearing the famed "ketchup and mustard".  Faces change, but condiments last forever (it's true!).

#56 bladad

bladad

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 104 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

@rocketsbestfan
                    I was respectful. I didn't characterize his opinions/analysis as "uninspired drivel", "wacky" "senselessness"?  that's the same as saying, "your post reads like a retarded buffoon's blowhole". 

I'm also of the opinion that my "just super saiyin" comment was quite funny. If anything, you should look at
                    @feelingsupersonic's posts to see who is more "at least respectful". I'm sure his lack of respect and tact far outstrips and deficiencies that have been evident in my posts.

@feelingsupersonic

There were objective statements that were made. In fact, he even acknowledged that out of his two possible scenarios, the choice involving McHale was more likely. Maybe you're just too blinded by your opinions or you're just blatantly oblivious, but trading Harden (although extremely improbable) would yield a king's ransom in compensation and draft picks which Morey covets. It deserves to be discussed. If we can have discussions about trading Lin and Asik with their cost prohibitive contracts to improve the team, I don't understand why we can't have a discussion regarding what could happen trading Harden's cost efficient contract for fungible assets.

Oh and it's getting old with you still dropping the LOF line anytime someone has something reasonable to say about Harden's deficiencies.

Edited by bladad, 14 May 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#57 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                    • 2,309 posts
                    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

Start a thread about a Hypothetical Harden Trade (which I initially suggested) but in my opinion don't try and pass that off as reality in regular topics. Also, I am not really concerned with what you think is getting old. Turn yourself into a member that can garner some respect, first things first. Put some time in here.

How sweet it is!

#58 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                    • 4,134 posts
                    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

Did somebody say, "super saiyan"?

02bf329662733a925416eacfc4f6eb69.gif?139

#59 bladad

bladad

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 104 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

@JG

Should have known i could have found a gif for it....

@feelingsupersonic

Honestly, hop off your high horse. So we shouldn't talk about a POSSIBLE Melo signing, a POSSIBLE Collison signing, or a POSSIBLE Rondo signing either? Sure.

I have put in time here. Maybe not as much as you, but I've certainly added to discussions. Hell, I even put up the Harden video that got people talking. Sorry that I'm not sorry for calling you out on being a disrespectful and hypocritical poster/moderator. People who live in houses shouldn't throw stones.

Edited by bladad, 14 May 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#60 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 4,125 posts
                      • Locationhouston

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:50 PM

@bladad

the "just super saiyin" comment may have been funny if it weren't following and insult. one thing I learned from being in this forum, no one can control what come out of your mouth but you. it's not what goes in that defiles a man, but what comes out. even if you felt that someone hit you below the belt does that make you any better if you return the favor? answer that question for me please

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users