Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

More Asik trade ideas

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 Incubus2803

Incubus2803

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

The one That's grown on me is Asik, Brewer (who I think is only on the roster for the 1.5 million veteran minimum his tenure demanded as trade filler), and Smith for Shawn Marion and Sam Dalembert. It's the stretch 4, defensive stopper and rim protection we need all at the same time. I'd add in 2 second round picks as sweetener if need be. I think the mavericks make that trade as well. And if Marion doesn't stick around after he expires this offseason, it provides the relief to sign Parsons. Not to mention Bear would be great at 15 mins a game.

#2 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,596 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

Asik is worth more, but I doubt that the market is there for Houston to get much more than that. 

Why so Serious? :D

#3 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

Too much, not smith and 1 second rounder at the most. Marion and dalembert are on their last legs, which means we basically trade asik for cap relief, We are getting more than cap relief for asik. That's why I'm for picks. We'll need talent for reloading.

#4 Incubus2803

Incubus2803

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 94 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:23 AM

Last legs is a little strong, Marion is still elite at what he does. And you're not factoring in contact statuses. Asik's 15 mill next year, the fact that Marion is still crazy productive AND an expiring deal. All those things are quite valuable. That balloon payment wouldn't scare Cuban away, esp with such a reasonable cap number, but he's not dumb. Rockets fans overrate smith. He's efficient but he's a slow footed power forward with no range. Morey can find ten more guys that can do what he can do.

#5 RudyT1995

RudyT1995

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 228 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

How about Asik for DeAndre Jordan?  The numbers work.  

Who would say no first?

#6 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 474 posts
          • LocationHouston

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

How about Asik for DeAndre Jordan?  The numbers work.  

Who would say no first?

us...if they gave us a decent pick, say 2014 1st or a 2 2nd rounders 2014, 2016, then yeah...otherwise, straight up...no tks. Jordans not very good defensively and he's already 25.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#7 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,122 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

Last legs is a little strong, Marion is still elite at what he does. And you're not factoring in contact statuses. Asik's 15 mill next year, the fact that Marion is still crazy productive AND an expiring deal. All those things are quite valuable. That balloon payment wouldn't scare Cuban away, esp with such a reasonable cap number, but he's not dumb. Rockets fans overrate smith. He's efficient but he's a slow footed power forward with no range. Morey can find ten more guys that can do what he can do.

Marion has never been elite at anything but defense and while still good he is no longer elite at that. Dalembert? REALLY? if I was GM and Dallas called me with this trade proposal (after I stop laughing of course) I wouldn't even give them Covington for this garbage :lol: besides being a bad trade for us.......why is the world would we want to help Dallas? I would rather get NOTHING for Asik then let him go to Dallas. after Cuban's antics over the last 6 months......I wouldn't give Dallas the time of day and damn sure wouldn't give them Asik for nothing except Dirk.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#8 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

How is smith overrated, he is extremely efficient, good rebounder, consistent, and athletic not to mention he has never been given significant minutes to prove something.

Hey just a quick thought, depending on Marc Gasols injury, a grizzly writer put up the idea of trading for asik.   One fan put up this trade scenario: Asik for Tay, Ed and a pick may be possible, doesn't sound bad to me. We get a back a back SF who can shoot the 3 and play good D, and player with great potential in Ed davis and another sweet pick. Actually sounds pretty great to me. Opinions?

#9 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Tayshaun prince has been so bad this year.

#10 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yes, but he would be a backup instead of a starter and his contract ends as the same as asik's and lin.

Edited by Buckko, 23 November 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,122 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

How is smith overrated, he is extremely efficient, good rebounder, consistent, and athletic not to mention he has never been given significant minutes to prove something.

Hey just a quick thought, depending on Marc Gasols injury, a grizzly writer put up the idea of trading for asik.   One fan put up this trade scenario: Asik for Tay, Ed and a pick may be possible, doesn't sound bad to me. We get a back a back SF who can shoot the 3 and play good D, and player with great potential in Ed davis and another sweet pick. Actually sounds pretty great to me. Opinions?

I wouldn't touch this trade...........Prince can't help us. besides they still have the center they got from Denver until Gasol gets back. I doubt they are looking for a trade

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#12 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Will be interesting to see how phx does if they keep playing solid ball could maybe pull asik for okafor and like Archie Goodwin.

#13 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,596 posts
                  • LocationAlabama

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

They have two promising youngsters at the center position. Why would they want Asik?

Why so Serious? :D

#14 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 246 posts
                  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

Sheesh has Asik's value really diminished so that we are now dumpster diving for players like Marion/Dalembert and Prince? Just because Asik isn't playing much for us right now does not mean his value is worth getting some has beens or never were type guys. I feel we can get a solid 2014 draft pick or a true contributor for Asik; we just have to wait until near the trade deadline when all of last offseason's signings and such become available. Then alot more puzzle pieces become available and I'm sure Morey will find the one that fits.

:lol: All in the game, yo, :D all in the game :lol:!

#15 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 4,122 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sheesh has Asik's value really diminished so that we are now dumpster diving for players like Marion/Dalembert and Prince? Just because Asik isn't playing much for us right now does not mean his value is worth getting some has beens or never were type guys. I feel we can get a solid 2014 draft pick or a true contributor for Asik; we just have to wait until near the trade deadline when all of last offseason's signings and such become available. Then alot more puzzle pieces become available and I'm sure Morey will find the one that fits.

totally agree. I'm not down with trading Asik for a hand full of magic beans :lol:  :lol: we are not trying to GIVE him away.

#16 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 3,216 posts
                  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:00 PM

Agreed.

#17 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

The value to the trade was Davis and the pick, but true we might be able to get more.

The blazers are in talks for asik now, and I think I know the reason why.

Read this article.

http://bleacherrepor...-on-nba-defense

They are 13th in Defensive rating by protecting the 3pt line and leaving the paint open. This is successful so far, but the problem is Robin lopez by himself in the paint can only do so much. Should you replace him with asik who can single handily anchor paint protection by himself (and rebound on top of it) then you have entirely new monster and I would have to say they enter contender status.

The link for the rumor

http://www.hoopsrumo..._medium=twitter

Edited by Buckko, 23 November 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#18 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 283 posts
                    • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:07 PM

rockets aren't going to trade within there division, especially to the mavericks. asik would make that team REALLY good. its just not happening.

plus marion has been the glue of the squad for a few years now, and they arent by any means bad this year. don't think the mavericks are interested in even trading him. maybe carter but marion.

deandre jordan would just be as bad of a situation, another starting center angry because he isn't starting anymore. plus his offensive touch is pretty inconsistent, even more than asik.

#19 sircharles

sircharles

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 283 posts
                    • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

a week ago i would have said thaddeus young and brandon bass would have been our best options and most realistic. both are good defenders and mid range shooters, which is exactly what we needed. however, with terrence jones recent success i don't really know what we need to trade for. i guess it would still be good to have a for sure pf presence on the court to space the floor, just in case terrence jones fell off a little bit.

#20 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 3,216 posts
                    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Atlanta are so bad defensively that they will be begging for Asik by the trade deadline.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users