Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

LaMarcus Aldridge Trade Rumor Thread

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

LMA may be on the trading block:
    http://hangtime.blog...ls=iref:nbahpts

He's one of the sweetest shooting bigs in the league--a solid all-around All-Star who could fit with Dwight Howard. Houston may be able to dangle Asik and Lin to get him.

Discuss.
    "Assets" -- Daryl Morey

#2 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,596 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

It will take more than that. Probably a first and a third team to take Lin(they already have 2 PGs). Maybe a three team trade but I just don't see that being enough to pry away Aldridge.

Why so Serious? :D

#3 BenQueens

BenQueens

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 73 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hard to see how we keep Parsons over the term if we add another $15M+ contract to the books, isn't it? So you start looking at marginal improvements from Aldridge/Bev/(Casspi?) over Jones/Lin/Parsons within the confines of available touches. I don't know. I'd feel differently if Aldridge was a $10M contract, obviously.

#4 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Asik, Lin, Jones, 2 1sts would be a strong package we can put together. Problem is Aldridge might end up being our version of Bosh--an elite talent delegated to the role of a spot-up shooter. Synergy is important.

#5 BenQueens

BenQueens

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 73 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

When do we start seeing the Granger rumors?

#6 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

He doesn't fit this team. Next.

#7 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,596 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I would rather have Aldridge getting the 15-20 postups a game and relegate Dwight to being strictly a PnR man. That would make this team unstoppable in my opinion.

#8 CC.

CC.

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 72 posts
          • LocationTX

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yeah I just don't like LMA in a Rockets jersey...

Something just tells me the frontcourt would be clogged up with him and D12 on it, plus Harden driving

in the middle of the lane occasionally.

And I just prefer keeping Lin as a starter and Asik as our back-up center for a full 48 minute defense.

If Lin and Asik are going away, I would wait for more options. A dream PF I'd like to see play here in Houston

is Kevin Love, got size for boards and a three point touch (career 35%) along with last years 18PPG+

not to mention Love was injured last season..

#9 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,596 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I know it wouldn't work because Dwight wouldn't stand for it, but just imagining the team with that frontline is making me salivate. LA is also extremely good at the PnR. He's also improved on the defensive end(although not a great rim protector, we wouldn't nee him to be). Maybe I overrate him since I'm a fan, but he would give Houston three legitimate MVP candidates.

#10 Jeby

Jeby

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 208 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think LMA's combination of shooting and defense is what makes him a better fit than any other PF, with the possible exception of Bosh or Al Horford, and one other player (hang on). Kevin Love's greatest skill, rebounding, is wasted playing next to Howard. Elite rebounders run into the principle of diminishing returns when they share the floor, especially if they, like Love, dont have the defensive ability to force a lot of misses (think of the old Scola/Hayes forntcourt as an extreme example). By contrast, having multiple long defenders who can cover a lot of ground (Howard and LMA) multiply their defensive impact by playing together, proven historically by pairings such as Jordan/Pippen, James/Wade, and Duncan/Robinson.
            The one other player I was referring to above is Terrence Jones. If he can maintain the flashes of shot-blocking brilliance he showed at the end of last season and be reliable with the three-point shot he showed at summer league, then he would be devastating next to Dwight. For that reason, I hope the Rockets can wait until the trade deadline to decide on trading for an elite PF. And obviously those aforementioned "if's" are HUGE.
            "Assets" -- Daryl Morey

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,123 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Asik, Lin, Jones, 2 1sts would be a strong package we can put together. Problem is Aldridge might end up being our version of Bosh--an elite talent delegated to the role of a spot-up shooter. Synergy is important.

not a bad package except jones needs to left out. if their getting asik and 2 #1's but don't want Lin then a third team should be bought in to send Lin to netting more assets for Portland. including Jones is paying to much

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#12 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 3,216 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

I would rather have Aldridge getting the 15-20 postups a game and relegate Dwight to being strictly a PnR man. That would make this team unstoppable in my opinion.

Aldridge's Post-Ups: 47.6%fg on 441 attempts--that's equivalent to 31.7% from 3pt. 

Dwight's PnR's: 79.6%fg on 103 attempts--that's equivalent to 53.3% from 3pt. 

Clearly, Dwight is more efficient on the PnR than Aldridge is on post-ups. The only question is in regard to the attempts. I think Dwight's attempts were low because of his bad back (pick and rolls are alot of work mobility wise) and the Lakers lack of floor spacing.

Edited by 2016Champions, 19 July 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#13 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 4,123 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

Aldridge's Post-Ups: 47.6%fg on 441 attempts--that's equivalent to 31.7% from 3pt. 

Dwight's PnR's: 79.6%fg on 103 attempts--that's equivalent to 53.3% from 3pt. 

Clearly, Dwight is more efficient on the PnR than Aldridge is on post-ups. The only question is in regard to the attempts. I think Dwight's attempts were low because of his back back (pick and rolls are alot of work mobility wise) and the Lakers lack of floor spacing.

I agree Howard is the superior post player. however LMA is the superior long range shooter making the two a perfect fit (IMO)

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#14 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 144 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

not a bad package except jones needs to left out. if their getting asik and 2 #1's but don't want Lin then a third team should be bought in to send Lin to netting more assets for Portland. including Jones is paying to much

I agree..Which is why waiting makes the most since..all three of those players will be worth more at the trade deadline..Tjones will prove he can start I'm the Nba he shouldn't just be a throw in..I agree if we are giving up 2 first then Lin to a third team and Asik should be enough..we could throw in a shooter like Williams or a prospect..but not three NBa starters and 2 first rounders for LA..I could argue with our draft picking skills those first rounders and Tjones might be to much..we don't miss much drafting

#15 BenQueens

BenQueens

Rookie

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 73 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, I would be a sad camper if Jones was traded before we got to see how his second season looks. He's my favorite prospect on the roster.

#16 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 2,596 posts
                • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

What I meant was we need both post ups and PnRs. I like Aldridges game better on post ups since he has more moves. He favors the fadeaway jumper a little too much, but with Mchale tutoring him, watch out. He also gets double and tripled every play since Portland hasn't been very good besides him, recently. And reportedly, Aldridge is working on his 3 point shot this offseason.

#17 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 3,216 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Post-ups are overrated, it's not a pre-requisite of a championship team. I do like the sound of Aldridge working on his 3pt shot though. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 19 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#18 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 144 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

I just see post up as another tool..don't know about over rated but it sure isn't the main reason anyone wins or loses championships..would love him shooting threes..he has great range already..it's only a couple steps back..would make him one of if not the best Pf in the game..would have the best at 3 positions on one team..though I'm not sure there is enough shots to go around to make it worth it

#19 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 3,216 posts
                  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

I just see post up as another tool..don't know about over rated but it sure isn't the main reason anyone wins or loses championships..would love him shooting threes..he has great range already..it's only a couple steps back..would make him one of if not the best Pf in the game..would have the best at 3 positions on one team..though I'm not sure there is enough shots to go around to make it worth it

Agreed. 

#20 pharmag

pharmag

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 263 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think it is critical to let the young guys develop.  Asik won't be here forever, but I do like the 3-man squad of Howard, Jones, & DMo.  That trio has some potential for being a solid front court rotation as long as the Sophomores continue to develop and then when Asik leaves in two years (or is traded) his open salary can be used to resign Parsons.

With that trio I like Howard and Jones to start.  I think that can be a very solid defensive and rebounding front court.  Furthermore, if Jones builds off his summer league, he is an excellent complement to Howard offensively and still doesn't require a lot of touches since there aren't many to have.

Then DMo can come off the bench and almost be our sixth many if he can refind his shooting touch.  He has the offensive skill set to be a dominant offensive player (especially against second units) and the ability to play alongside both Jones and Howard as he can many the post with Jones and play spot up shooter with Howard.  His defensive liability (as I think he will only ever be a slightly above average defender at best) also will be masked by playing primarily against second units and always having a solid defensive player in the line-up with him. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users