Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) So according to TMZ (I know, I know) Dwight Howard had an incident last month in which he took a loaded gun into an airport, but he was allowed to give it to a friend to take it back and wasn't arrested.
@  jorgeaam : (31 August 2015 - 10:45 PM) The Los Angeles Rockets, lol
@  redfaithful : (31 August 2015 - 09:51 PM) Seems that Chuck is also on his way to the Clippers.
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) ill just leave this here...
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) http://www.timeandda...04&font=cursive
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) At least in my opinion.
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) I love having Terry. But the main factor was that New Orleans will NOT compete for a championship this year and the Rockets will.
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Things that make me like the JET even more
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Jason Terry said that he turned down a more lucrative deal from New Orleans in order to return to Houston.
@  clydesmoustache : (19 August 2015 - 08:32 AM) A year ago who would have thought I would be so happy to have Jason Terry on my team. Welcome back JET! Hurry up October!
@  cointurtlemoose : (19 August 2015 - 04:45 AM) Terry I love yooouuuuuuuuu
@  jorgeaam : (19 August 2015 - 02:38 AM) Yay Terry is back!
@  majik19 : (15 August 2015 - 09:33 PM) and i thought these shouts were limited to some number of characters!
@  thejohnnygold : (15 August 2015 - 02:23 PM) Ha, sorry for the wall of text...

Photo

The Roster

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

DMo will get the bulk of backup C minutes, IMO.

That wouldn't work unless you plan on having harrell or dekker in the rotation as a backup 4. Dmo and Jones will the be the PFs, but one of them can't be both the starting/backup PF and be the backup C. If Dmo is the backup C who's the backup PF? Then where you going to play capela if not backup C? Ariza also couldn't play small ball backup PF because he will also be the starting SF. It just doesn't fit minute wise for Dmo to be the backup 5.

By the way Morey did say Capela will be part of the rotation this season so to answer the question you can just insert clint in as your backup center.

Edited by Buckko, 29 August 2015 - 09:54 PM.

#22 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,590 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:51 PM

DMo can play the backup PF and C minutes. There is 96 minutes at those spots.

You give Dwight 30
    You give DMo 26
    You give Jones 26
    You give Capela 10
    You give Ariza 4 (on average if we go small ball).

Why so Serious? :D

#23 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,590 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

How does that not work?

#24 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:47 PM

So you're saying start Jones with howard, next bring him out for dmo at PF, then bring howard out for jones bumping dmo to center with capela and ariza getting spot minutes. Have to be a bit more clear.

I would disagree with that rotation. 

I would go more

Howard 30

Capela 18

Dmo and jones 24 each, could fluctuate depending on the night and matchup.

Keep ariza at SF unless a small ball matchup. We can't rely on him to be as healthy this year and play as many minutes.

We have a great opportunity of having a good PF and elite shot blocking, rebounding, defending center on the court on all time. That's a luxury, no other team has. 

Edited by Buckko, 29 August 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#25 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,117 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:24 PM

Buckko I agree. I think Capela and D12 eat all of the center minutes while T-Jones and D-Mo eat all of the PF minutes

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#26 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,113 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

Am I the only one who caught the discrepancy in Buccko's first post?  (No offense, Buccko, but it seems like your mind is split on the matter).

On defense Dmo would be able to be the paint protector and position/vertical defending center while capela who is far more mobile than howard could guard the stretch/play making 4s on the perimeter who Dmo does have trouble with chasing around the perimeter when playing next to howard. Dmo is also terrible as a help defender next to howard, while defending as the center in the 2nd unit, he wouldn't have to worry as much as a help defender while Capela could be a nightmare weakside shot blocker like ibaka in the 2nd unit.

You start with that, but shortly after you insert Capela at center...

Other notes is I hope Howard only plays 30 minutes or less with capela getting at least 18 minutes a game. It will be such an unfair advantage for the rockets to have 2 elite defending, shot blocking monsters in the middle.

I'm sure it was just an oversight due to excitement about how good this team can be, but Capela can't be both PF and C....unless there is some sort of plan that allows our bigs to switch freely like our wings were doing in the playoffs.  I can see this being implemented against teams that utilize motion offenses.  It would likely be more of a hybrid zone defense than anything else.

Unless Capela has added a lot of muscle, he is still going to have some serious struggles defending either position.  There are just too many brutes in this league.  Just ask Anthony Davis...

SLAM: Just sitting here next to you, the obvious difference is the muscle you’ve put on your frame. You’re obviously preparing to handle more of a load down low going into the season.

AD: It’s probably like 10-12 pounds. I’ve just been really working, man, and staying in the gym; weights. That’s the first thing that everybody says when they see me: “Oh, you’re getting bigger!” When you’re going against Dwight Howard and Big Cuz, you gotta put on some weight.

Read more at http://www.slamonlin...26y4WboBPYDM.99

#27 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,289 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 06:46 PM

Capella should be a center thats where his athleticism sticks out, sure he could add some muscle but there aren't a lot of teams if any that will run their offense through a backup centers post game.

#28 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 4,117 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

Capella should be a center thats where his athleticism sticks out, sure he could add some muscle but there aren't a lot of teams if any that will run their offense through a backup centers post game.

agreed ..................this will allow us to use his defensive prowess now while developing his offensive game. I don't at this point see him as a back to the basket type center, but until we work with him more who knows. however his talents clearly say center to me. besides T-Jones and D-Mo are fully capable of handling PF IMO. the mixture they bring to the table should allow us to exploit the PF position. we are not weak there as many seem to think. with a additional facilitator roaming on the perimeter we are just now set to exploit their talents

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#29 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Basically I meant Dmo plays the PF on offense but the C on defense, while capela would have the ability to guard 4s and act as a weakside shit blocker and help defender.

#30 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,590 posts
          • LocationAlabama

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:25 PM

Capela's new nickname is Charmin, because he is the "shit blocker". LMAO.

#31 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,117 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

Capela's new nickname is Charmin, because he is the "shit blocker". LMAO.

lol

#32 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 336 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

I just REALLY hope that if DMo is relegated to the 2nd unit, he accepts his role as what is best for the team long term and does not go Omer on us. I remember him having issues with his role in the past IIRC. As has been stated by many, we NEED him to make our 'ship goals a reality. 58 days and counting....

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#33 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 4,117 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

I just REALLY hope that if DMo is relegated to the 2nd unit, he accepts his role as what is best for the team long term and does not go Omer on us. I remember him having issues with his role in the past IIRC. As has been stated by many, we NEED him to make our 'ship goals a reality. 58 days and counting....

I think this team is in a different frame of mind........D-Mo included. no matter the roles dealt they all understand they will be part of the push to reach the goal. IMO the push to the WCF last year focused this team and galvanized the brotherhood. I think they all understand they have a chance to do something special this year. I expect our veterans will keep them focused on that.

#34 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 670 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:32 AM

Dmo situation is different. It wasn't about starting, he just asked the team that if he is not in their future he would like to be traded. 

That was when we had a bunch of young Pfs and he wasn't getting any PT.

#35 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 4,113 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:31 PM

Yeah, this is a non-issue in my book.  D-Mo seems bright enough to recognize that he is entering a season on a true championship contender having previously established himself as a legitimate starter who still has upside.  He will get plenty of opportunities to improve on his game while thinking about the max (or near max) deal he is going to get after this season.

I'm not worried about his back.  I'm not worried about his attitude.  I'm not worried about his role.

I'm more concerned with this squad creating 20 point 4th quarter leads so that we can watch McDaniels, Harrell, and co. do their thing.  Otherwise, the only way we see them is if we have another injury-riddled season like last year.

I hope McDaniels and Ariza are spending lots of time together.  It seems like a natural progression for KJ to evolve into the caliber and type of player Trevor is.  Ariza will be 33 when his contract expires...perhaps he will slide into a Jason Terry role and let McDaniels take the reigns...

I think I'm most excited about our second unit.  We all know the starters are going to be ridiculous.  I think the key to those 4th quarter blowouts is what the second unit brings.  Beverley, Thornton, Brewer, Motiejunas (despite my desire for him to play with the starters), and Capela are going to destroy other benches.  That's solid offense and plenty of defense.

To conclude, I'll just post this clip of McDaniels channeling T-Mac from way back...

#36 Willk

Willk

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 308 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

Yeah, this is a non-issue in my book.  D-Mo seems bright enough to recognize that he is entering a season on a true championship contender having previously established himself as a legitimate starter who still has upside.  He will get plenty of opportunities to improve on his game while thinking about the max (or near max) deal he is going to get after this season.

I'm not worried about his back.  I'm not worried about his attitude.  I'm not worried about his role.

I'm more concerned with this squad creating 20 point 4th quarter leads so that we can watch McDaniels, Harrell, and co. do their thing.  Otherwise, the only way we see them is if we have another injury-riddled season like last year.

I hope McDaniels and Ariza are spending lots of time together.  It seems like a natural progression for KJ to evolve into the caliber and type of player Trevor is.  Ariza will be 33 when his contract expires...perhaps he will slide into a Jason Terry role and let McDaniels take the reigns...

I think I'm most excited about our second unit.  We all know the starters are going to be ridiculous.  I think the key to those 4th quarter blowouts is what the second unit brings.  Beverley, Thornton, Brewer, Motiejunas (despite my desire for him to play with the starters), and Capela are going to destroy other benches.  That's solid offense and plenty of defense.

As far as the second unit is concerned, Harden recently said that it has not been decided if Lawson will start or be the 6th man. Personally, I would love to see a 2nd unit of Lawson, Jet, Brewer, Tjones, Capella. The first unit would play with pace like a Porsche, then the 2nd unit would come in and take the pace to even higher level, like a Ferrari. Teams are going to get winded quickly. This would be so much fun to watch.

#37 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,590 posts
              • LocationAlabama

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Dwight Howard apparently brought a gun to the airport. Sometimes it's hard to defend this dude.

Also, can you believe that he won't be charged and it's not preferential treatment? Regardless of who you are, it seems like common sense to SEVERELY punish people who try and bring guns on airplanes. The Houston airport is dumb for this policy.

#38 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,113 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

As far as the second unit is concerned, Harden recently said that it has not been decided if Lawson will start or be the 6th man. Personally, I would love to see a 2nd unit of Lawson, Jet, Brewer, Tjones, Capella. The first unit would play with pace like a Porsche, then the 2nd unit would come in and take the pace to even higher level, like a Ferrari. Teams are going to get winded quickly. This would be so much fun to watch.

That would be amazing.  All four of those guys are best with a guy like Lawson setting them up.  It would maximize everyone's skill set.  Plus that puts D-Mo in with the starters which I am a huge fan of.

I do agree with your analogy about exhausting teams.  Very few teams have the depth to keep up.

#39 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,113 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:56 AM

Dwight Howard apparently brought a gun to the airport. Sometimes it's hard to defend this dude.

Also, can you believe that he won't be charged and it's not preferential treatment? Regardless of who you are, it seems like common sense to SEVERELY punish people who try and bring guns on airplanes. The Houston airport is dumb for this policy.

This is a little off topic and if people want to discuss it further I suggest starting a thread in the off-topic section.

I can believe he won't be charged and I am glad.  The law should not be enforced in a black and white fashion.  Do you think Dwight is a murderer/terrorist?  Should he be treated/punished like one then?

Was he being stupid?  YES.  I see community service as a much better "punishment" for Dwight.  He will do much more good for the community helping others than sitting in a jail cell.

I applaud whoever had the foresight to not make this into a major incident.  Nothing good would have come of it.

#40 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,117 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

This is a little off topic and if people want to discuss it further I suggest starting a thread in the off-topic section.

I can believe he won't be charged and I am glad.  The law should not be enforced in a black and white fashion.  Do you think Dwight is a murderer/terrorist?  Should he be treated/punished like one then?

Was he being stupid?  YES.  I see community service as a much better "punishment" for Dwight.  He will do much more good for the community helping others than sitting in a jail cell.

I applaud whoever had the foresight to not make this into a major incident.  Nothing good would have come of it.

ditto

That would be amazing.  All four of those guys are best with a guy like Lawson setting them up.  It would maximize everyone's skill set.  Plus that puts D-Mo in with the starters which I am a huge fan of.

I do agree with your analogy about exhausting teams.  Very few teams have the depth to keep up.

before last season I spent the summer debating whether we needed another facilitator on this team. I argued that we have never seen the true potential because we have never had a true PG since the departure of both Lowry and Dragic. I still believe that. I expect all of our big's to explode now that someone is roaming the perimeter who knows how to feed them. while Harden is a hell of a player......he is only subpar when it comes to feeding our big's IMO. he doesn't look to use them nearly as much as he should. even if Lawson starts the season coming off the bench it will only be a matter of time before he assumes the starting role and eats the lions share of minutes at PG. the man isn't making 13 mil per because he's a backup. while I like Beverly.......Lawson is a better player. besides with Brew, Bev and Thorton\ KJ the ball may not need to touch the court 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users