Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

What's left on the market for the Rockets?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I really like the idea of working a sign and trade for Bledsoe.  It's my understanding we have both the mid level and the trade exception from the Asik deal.  Unfortunately, it looks like Phoenix wants to keep Bledsoe at a 4 year max instead of the 5 year he supposedly wants.

I hope Canaan is ready this season because PG and the 4/5 big are the two positions that make a team in the NBA.  

#22 Drew in Abilene

Drew in Abilene

• Moderators
    • 301 posts
    • LocationAbilene

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:33 PM

I'd love to snag Bledsoe. Young guy with a motor and would fit well in our system.

#23 TheHolyBeardedOne

TheHolyBeardedOne

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 74 posts
    • LocationAltus, Oklahoma

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

TRADE FOR RONDO

#24 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,008 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Since Morey is bringing back ex-Rockets, Hakeem might be able to give 10 minutes off the bench everynight. I'm sure Bullard can still shot, Scotty Brooks has to be a better backup PG presently then he is a head coach. Zan Tabek or Pete Chilcutt might be able good 15th men, just to have some fun when announcing the names of the players. Or maybe Robert Horry, he can teach the players what it takes to get rings.

#25 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 170 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

I'd love to snag Bledsoe. Young guy with a motor and would fit well in our system.

He might be too expensive but I do like his game a lot.

Since Morey is bringing back ex-Rockets, Hakeem might be able to give 10 minutes off the bench everynight. I'm sure Bullard can still shot, Scotty Brooks has to be a better backup PG presently then he is a head coach. Zan Tabek or Pete Chilcutt might be able good 15th men, just to have some fun when announcing the names of the players. Or maybe Robert Horry, he can teach the players what it takes to get rings.

And have Big shot Bob teach them how to have ice in their veins to make a cold blooded 3.  Maybe OT (Thorpe) can play 15 min too!

#26 jorgeaam

jorgeaam

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 396 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

Well, everytime I watch Hakeem when he's teaching Howard or someone else I think he might still be able to produce at his age.

Champion of the 2014-15 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League :D

#27 Journeymany

Journeymany

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 54 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:56 AM

Bledsoe wants a full max so looks like he's out. I like the idea of TPE + one of DMo / TJones for Monroe, I think he has massive upside.

#28 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,008 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

If the Pistons are trading Josh Smith, which there are strong rumors, then I don't see the Pistons letting go of Monroe.

#29 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 347 posts
              • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

Well, everytime I watch Hakeem when he's teaching Howard or someone else I think he might still be able to produce at his age.

I could see Hakeem giving a solid 10-15 minutes when needed. He could do what Mutumbo did for us a few seasons ago.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#30 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,636 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Monroe can't shoot the 3 and is a horrid defender.

#31 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,123 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

@Buckko

agreed..........I pass on Monroe.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#32 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                • 4,128 posts
                • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, check out this free agency breakdown video from draftexpress.com....Greg Monroe would be a good pick up if we were still in the gather offensive weapons phase of our plan.  We've moved on to phase 2: shut down opposing offenses.  Monroe is not the guy for us....if you go to the video you can fast forward to the 6:15 mark to see his "weakness breakdown".

#33 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 211 posts
                • LocationIsrael

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

The current rotation contains 5 good back court players and 3 good big men, with a few unknowns after that. And most importantly, no over-paid players. IMHO the best plan for now is to roll with these guys, keep the financial flexibility, and watch for other teams to change their plans in January. The options available at that time will be much better than the ones available now.

For example, Bledsoe has put himself in a tough situation, and there's probably no way for the Rockets to get him without losing significant players. However, if he remains with Phoenix on a smaller contract and things go wrong for them, by January they could be more than willing to make a change and the Rockets get him with a better contract for the team.

#34 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,123 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

@redfaithful

unlikely that the Bledsoe situation is unsettled by the beginning of the season. if he stays with Phoenix I think it will be for the long term. however I do respect the point you are making "that it can be greater later". I still believe the Rockets will make a major splash before the season. we are in predatory mode and there's still an abundance of prey to be had. I think we are through with FA pretty much, but the  trade market is still ripe for the plucking.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#35 majik19

majik19

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 272 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

As far as the players on this list, I think we should make runs at Marion, Nelson, and Blatche. 

Marion (some part of the MLE, on a 2 year deal) is still a high level contributor and could swing between the 3 and 4 spots for us. And maybe he could teach Terence Jones a thing or two. 

Nelson (at the veteran's minimum, or slightly higher, on a 2 year deal) would be a great complement to our young back court, plus he has a rapport with Howard. 

Blatche (at something slightly above the veteran's minimum, maybe just on a 1 year deal to raise his own value) still has some development in him, has matured a bit, and could definitely help provide rim protection when Howard sits.

Also, I would like to see us bring over Sergio Llull, but I know that's not going to happen. 

Edited by majik19, 22 July 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#36 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,596 posts
                  • LocationAlabama

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

Nelson and Marion will prob make more than that.

Why so Serious? :D

#37 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 347 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

Nelson (at the veteran's minimum, or slightly higher, on a 2 year deal) would be a great complement to our young back court, plus he has a rapport with Howard.

http://probasketball...o-stop-talking/

Yeah I'd say they have a great rapport.

#38 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 4,123 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

@slick shoes

I wouldn't take Nelson even if there was no friction. Nelson's days as an effective player are all but over. he never was a defensive force and now the little bit of offensive game he had seems to have disappeared.  repeat after me......can you say scrub :lol:

#39 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 347 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Anyone else think Ray Allen would be a nice addition to our current roster? Veteran leadership, playoff/championship experience, and so on and so forth. Probably wouldn't play for us for the vet minimum, worth chasing nonetheless.

#40 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:28 AM

He probably plays with lebron or retires.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users