Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Fire McHale

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#41 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

Maybe the Rockets should hire this mysterious Cyberx person as he certainly "seems" qualified and "probably" knows more than Rockets leadership, etc.

he's been at the forefront of too many stories for me to think he's full of it. it's not like he's giving his ideas about the way the organization should run so that cancels out the "knows more than rocket leadership". all he does is report on what he hears.

#42 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:30 AM

he's been at the forefront of too many stories for me to think he's full of it. it's not like he's giving his ideas about the way the organization should run so that cancels out the "knows more than rocket leadership". all he does is report on what he hears.

Maybe he should find a job with Woj with Yahoo Sports or someone like that who is willing to pay for behind the scenes digging if he's supposedly really that good at finding the tasty scoops. Or go work for that Celebrity TV show, I forget it's name, constantly looking for the next scandalous photo or story.

#43 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 353 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Maybe he should find a job with Woj with Yahoo Sports or someone like that who is willing to pay for behind the scenes digging if he's supposedly really that good at finding the tasty scoops. Or go work for that Celebrity TV show, I forget it's name, constantly looking for the next scandalous photo or story.

apparently he already has a nice cushy job. just doing fans a favor. he's also being somewhat supported by another respected insider over there (Codman). you can believe it or not. i don't care. i didn't think that post would end up going off on this big of a tangent about a poster on another forum.

#44 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

I have gone to the Clutchfans site a number of times over the past few years and every single time I visit it I remember why I stayed away from it the prior times and find that site mostly distasteful. You have to get through a bunch of crud to read one or two worthwhile sentences and frankly I just don't have the time to read through all the clutter in the gutter on that site to try and glean anything of any worth. Just my opinion.

Glad to hear that Cyberx has a cushy job, I wish him well. Like I said, if he is looking to stir things up, there are plenty of other places in the media and on the web (such as TMZ and their knockoffs) other than Clutchfans where he could make a living doing so.

I simply don't ever recall reading an article from Woj or Simmons or Adande or Blinebury, etc. mentioning they got a scoop from a source named Cyberx.

I prefer to read articles from competent writers and visit sites like Red94 to get my NBA and Rockets fix.

Edited by rocketrick, 25 April 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#45 miketheodio

miketheodio

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 353 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:56 AM

your pretension and condescension are greatly appreciated

Edited by miketheodio, 25 April 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#46 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

your pretension and condescension is greatly appreciated

Thank you for your kind words........

#47 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

their star players are about to go to the geriatric home. he's probably going to retire soon anyways.

He has always said when Manu and Timmah! retire he would as well, Parker has been trying to get him to stay until he decides to retire.

#48 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Haven't the Spurs been ready for the geriatric home for like 5 years now? It sure seems that way to me! If it weren't for that timely 3 point shot by Ray Allen in Game 6, Popovich and the Spurs would have had their 5th Title since 1999.

The NBA seems so wide open this season with the way the playoffs have started. Who would have thought Indiana would be down 2-1 vs. #8 (and a regular season losing record) Atlanta, Chicago would have lost it's first 2 home games to a very inexperienced Wizards team, the Thunder would already be down 2-1 with a tough Game 4 coming up in The Grind House, San Antonio in for a battle of survival with Dallas as Dirk and his team seem really determined to make a splash this season, the Clippers having to grind it out with the Warriors and surviving a last second 3 point shot tonight in their 2 point victory, etc.

I just don't see any clear favorites to who is going to make it to the NBA Finals the way the playoffs have started off. Except Miami may actually have a much easier path to the NBA Finals than anyone thought just 10 days ago.

#49 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                  • 2,298 posts
                  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:41 AM

McHale had some balls to throw Daniels in.
                  How sweet it is!

#50 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,636 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Totally agreed FSS. I have been wishing for this for quite a while. He also started asik and ran the blazers with the PNR into the ground. I had massive criticism, but he made adjustments and credit is due where it is deserve. Good game Mchale. Props to harden's confidence returning, howard, asik, and beverley being the only constants in this series, and last but not least, the Sniper from the Vipers, Troy Daniels. 

#51 linonlyfan

linonlyfan

Rookie

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:32 AM

Maybe the real opportunity is to use the Kelvin Sampson departure to strengthen the x-o side of the coaching team. I think offensive chemistry is there, just inconsistent. This improves over time, don't forget before December we couldn't throw a lob to Howard to save our lives. The defensive part can definitely use a big upgrade and a high quality defensive coaching hire can solve this. 

The decision on McHale's future is far more than his own failings as its important to ensure the team gets better. At the moment the market for coaches looks red hot with 3 vacancies and a lot of brewing upsets in round 1. At the end of the day, McHale is a NBA Champion and there isn't a lot of that pedigree around. Again its been said many times that the players like him. 

I think McHale just knows when someone has it, and he knew Daniels had it just by looking at him. Thats the value of someone who has been to the playoffs as a player many times.

Sorry about overreacting, lets get to the end of the playoffs then decide. It was hard not to panic down 0-2 and huge props to McHale and the team to pull this out down 4 in overtime.

#52 Willk

Willk

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 309 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

McHale had some balls to throw Daniels in.

I thought McHale does not make adjustments? :D

#53 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                        • 2,298 posts
                        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

I assume you are not directing that at me Willk.
                        How sweet it is!

#54 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                        • 1,865 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

your pretension and condescension are greatly appreciated

Just curious, what great tidbits and insight does Cyberx have this morning regarding supposed conversation inside the Rockets lockerroom?

For the rest of you, sorry, you'll have to scroll back a few postings in this topic to understand my question.

Apparently Cyberx thought there were troubling rumblings and dissension in the Rockets locker room after the Rockets difficult Game 1 and Game 2 losses. Didn't seem to bubble up to the surface last night in Portland though, eh?

I seriously doubt Cyberx has a clue what he is talking about, the guy is an idiot if you ask me and should concentrate on a career over at TMZ or one of those TMZ knock offs on the web.

Edited by rocketrick, 26 April 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#55 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 4,122 posts
                          • Locationhouston

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

McHale made adjustments he should have made at half time of game one..........I guess it's better late than never. now Portland will adjust again....let's see if McFail keeps up this time.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#56 Willk

Willk

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 309 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

I assume you are not directing that at me Willk.

nope I am directing it at the crowd that says McHale does not make any adjustments

#57 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 4,122 posts
                            • Locationhouston

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:02 PM

@Willk

McFail gets no praise from me for putting Daniels in two and a half games after he should have received his first playing time. if we were having trouble shooting why not bring in a shooter? sounds elementary doesn't it? so why did it take McFail so long to figure it out? I'll tell you why.....HE CAN'T COACH

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#58 Willk

Willk

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 309 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

@Willk
                              McFail gets no praise from me for putting Daniels in two and a half games after he should have received his first playing time. if we were having trouble shooting why not bring in a shooter? sounds elementary doesn't it? so why did it take McFail so long to figure it out? I'll tell you why.....HE CAN'T COACH

I appreciate your opinion however the players still seem to like him. If he lost the locker room, then I would be aboard get rid of the coach train. All of the games have been close. If the rockets were getting blown out then I would agree with you. Finally, who do you replace McHale with? Unless it is someone like JVG then who says anything is going to change?

#59 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                              • 4,122 posts
                              • Locationhouston

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

@Willk

I am not concerned with how well McFail is liked in the locker room...........it helps, but that's not his job. his job is to get the best from the roster he has. the idea of not removing McFail because we are afraid of change is a non-starter for me. when something isn't working you change it. there are a lot of good coaches both known and unknown available. sticking to the status quo is unacceptable when it isn't working. lastly.....I have not based my opinion of McHale on a small sample size.......he's been here for three years

#60 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                              • PipPipPipPipPip
                              • 1,636 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:29 AM

I still agree though, we need to find a new HC. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users