Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Beverley confident he'll play again this season

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:27 AM

You can't trade stars unless you're in danger of losing them, much too risky even for a bounty of picks it would basically be asking to get fired.

#22 PhillyCheese

PhillyCheese

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 71 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:40 AM

A proven starter replaced late in the year by an unproven rookie.  You guys really hate Lin that much?  Canaan had 4 t/o in less minutes and you think he played well overall?  Incredible.  Not to mention this was only one game.  By the way LAC was playing small ball lineup so who on the Rockets can guard Collison?  That is why Parsons had to be on Paul.  Man, Willie freaking Green blew by Harden a few times but no one mentions that. 

#23 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,125 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:43 AM

@PhillyCheese

I don't hate Lin, but YES I do think just that little of his skillset.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#24 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 671 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

I still think Lin should start its one game and he should get more oppurturnities than that.

#25 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,008 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

Sorry for wanting someone with a ceiling above top 20 PG as a starter.

#26 PhillyCheese

PhillyCheese

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 71 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

Well, we'll agree to disagree then.  I am looking forward to watching Lin go for 32 min every game and helping the Rox win.  Actually, I think Coach should put him in for 36.  and then in the offseason if the team trades him for better pieces, then so be it.  But right now they need him.

#27 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,290 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

None of the point guards on the roster are top 20 or even that close.

#28 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

Well, we'll agree to disagree then. I am looking forward to watching Lin go for 32 min every game and helping the Rox win. Actually, I think Coach should put him in for 36. and then in the offseason if the team trades him for better pieces, then so be it. But right now they need him.

You want the Rockets to win, right?

#29 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,125 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

if I were the coach Lin would be so far down on the bench the waterboy has a better chance of playing :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#30 PhillyCheese

PhillyCheese

Rookie

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 71 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

Yes I do.  It seems you take pleasure in seeing Lin fail, which in all likelihood the Rox will also lose because as much as you like to hope, Canaan is not a better player than Lin, even after his piss poor game yesterday.  You do want Rox to win, right?

#31 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 4,125 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:11 AM

no one wants to see Lin fail......that's why I'm calling for reduced minutes........so we don't have to watch him fail

#32 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,008 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:58 AM

No, I'd wish the Rockets to lose. That's why I've been coming on this site for years to give the impression I am a Rockets fan, but in reality I am a Mavs fan who enjoys watching the Rockets homers squirm whenever they fail and we succeed. You are so smart to have figured me out.

And deep down I do truely believe that Canaan gives the Rockets team a better chance to win with the current players. Canaan is a better shooter, and Lin needs the ball in order to be effective, but harden is better and there is only one ball.

#33 PhillyCheese

PhillyCheese

Rookie

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 71 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

I guess that would make Beverley the waterboy then.

if I were the coach Lin would be so far down on the bench the waterboy has a better chance of playing :lol:

#34 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 2,597 posts
                      • LocationAlabama

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

So now Lin isn't even worthy of a roster spot? Lol.

Why so Serious? :D

#35 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 4,125 posts
                      • Locationhouston

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:11 PM

@PhillyCheese/TTDN

first off Beverley is no waterboy...........I don't know how you came up with that. maybe you felt like you needed to respond but you really didn't have anything to add. if someone was going to be moved to waterboy based on Lin's contributions to the team lately at least it would allow him to be useful :lol:

second......TTDN Lin isn't worth a roster spot on this team. I expect the Rockets to take care of that in short order once the season ends

#36 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 437 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

The only reason I'd consider starting Canaan over Lin is because Lin is better with the ball in his hands.  In order to do that, Harden has to be off the floor.  Lin is clearly better than Canaan, but it could be a Harden/Thabo situation from a few years ago.  I see Lin currently, and in the future on this team, as a 6th man who comes in and provides instant offense.  The Beverley injury obviously affects the situation, but I believe that that is Lin's best role.

#37 Drew in Abilene

Drew in Abilene

• Moderators
                        • 301 posts
                        • LocationAbilene

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

I disagree with the prevailing opinion here. While it's true that we don't know Canaan's ceiling yet, nor do we know what his average will look like, I think that Lin is far superior to Canaan right now, and will almost certainly remain better than him for this season and next. I can't imagine Canaan, even if he were given the starting job or just extra minutes, outperforming Jeremy Lin. Lin has more experience, and I also believe, more potential to help Houston secure wins.

I have read through the arguments for Canaan starting, and as well-written as some are, I can't get behind the concept of tossing a second-round rookie who has had little more than a few garbage-time minutes into a starting role over a good player who knows the role better and has experience. 

Just as many posters here have vehemently argued that Lin fans drastically overvalue his talents and contributions, I would like to suggest that perhaps the forum as a whole has swung the pendulum too far in the other direction, and may now be drastically undervaluing what Lin brings to the table.

#38 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 437 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Again, posted this in a different location but...

After suffering a torn meniscus in right knee, Houston's Patrick Beverley won't need surgery and will return this season, sources tell Y.

#39 adonneus

adonneus

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 36 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

I've lurked here for long enough to know that I am much less knowledgeable about basketball than most people here, but I thought I'd give my two cents on my own experience of watching Lin on the Rockets.

I've realized that the reason I prefer other players to him almost always comes down to those possessions in which he jumps up with no plan and literally throws the ball away. If he ends up throwing it towards the hoop after looking around, it looks no different on the stat sheet than any other player missing a thought-out tough shot. However, it is just so much more frustrating to watch as a fan.

That said, I agree with Drew and think it's probably better for the Rockets for Lin to start over Canaan given the experience gap, but I'll probably be yelling at my TV a lot more than I would if Canaan started.

Edited by adonneus, 31 March 2014 - 05:41 PM.

#40 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 4,125 posts
                            • Locationhouston

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

@Drew in Abilene

undervaluing Lin? interesting concept. base on the fact that his play recently by even the most optimistic view has been mediocre, exactly what does he bring to the table? turnovers? indecision? poor passing? horrible shooting? Drew enlighten me, what is it that you think he can bring to the table that Canaan will not. is it proper to continue with things as they are even when it isn't working? I think all of us have seen enough of Lin to know what we are getting and what we are getting is unfulfilling so why not try something else? I honestly feel Canaan can't be any worse than Lin so what exactly is it that you believe we are losing by making a switch?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users