Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

Grading Patrick Beverley

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#21 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

Avery Bradley is an ELITE defender as a PG

Why so Serious? :D

#22 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

I think there are only 2 ELITE defenders at the pg position, and by elite I mean they could probably be in the DPoY conversation one day if they're starters on a top defensive team. Those two PG defenders are Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe, and alot of that has to do with their size and ability guard multiple positions on switches. 

I think Westbrook has that size, quickness, and athlecism too but he doesn't have the defensive focus those guys have yet. He has that defensive potential though and I'm guessing that potential is the reason why Presti chose Westbrook over Harden. 

If Beverley was just a little bit bigger I would say he has that potential too. Call me crazy but I think Lin has even more defensive potential than Beverley does because of his size. I'm not saying Lin is a better defender than Beverley yet, but if I had to choose Beverley or Lin to switch onto a SG or SF I would choose Lin. I bet we will see Lin play minutes at the 2 next season whenever Harden rests or we go small with Harden at the 3. 

#23 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Bradley is not a PG. He can't dribble let alone run an offense.

#24 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

Call him whatever you want but he defends the 1 more than another other position. When you got guys like Lebron who's practically playing 5 positions while he's on the floor in terms of how he plays the game, position labels become pretty pointless. 

#25 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

LeBron is a PG. he runs the team.

#26 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,125 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

Bradley is a PG.  He is one of many NBA talents that have used the Univ. of Texas basketball program as a springboard to the NBA while contributing next to nothing while they were here at UT.  I have sworn never to root for any of these players during their NBA careers and will be sure to hurl at least one expletive at them any time I see them playing.  Cory Joseph in San Antonio, Daniel Gibson, & Tristan Thompson also are on this list.  They exploited UT.  At least Durant and Aldridge played like NBA talents while they were here.  Sorry, players like them anger me.  Myck Kabongo is next up.  Another player that was supposed to be amazing, did nothing, will still get drafted and go on to play in the NBA.  Grrrrrrrrr. :angry:

#27 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

When Bradley started after the rondo injury he was generally terrible especially on offense but he let that affect his defense as well.

#28 huitlacoche

huitlacoche

• Members
        • Pip
        • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Agree that Bev and Lin have similar impact.  Both are about the same age so both have time to improve.  I think both of them are best suited as backups on a contending team.

But then when you consider that Lin's cap hit next season will be 10 times bigger than Bev's...rut roh.

#29 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,216 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Well you also have to consider that Bev is still on his rookie contract so comparing contracts is unfair. I bet Bev will get a similar contract to Lin's when it's time to resign him. Out of the 2 pg's I prefer Lin because of the upside, but hopefully Lin doesn't turn out to be injury prone otherwise I will have to eat my words. 

#30 huitlacoche

huitlacoche

• Members
          • Pip
          • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Bev is under contract through the 2014-15 season, just like Lin.  It is absolutely fair to compare the bang you get for the buck.  Similar impact, similar age (and thus similar upside), both under contract for the same amount of time, yet one guy costs 10 times more than the other.

#31 huitlacoche

huitlacoche

• Members
            • Pip
            • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Also, Bev is not on a rookie scale contract since he was never a first round pick.  He was signed here as a free agent.  The Rockets had the choice of giving him anything from an unguaranteed one year minimum all the way to a guaranteed maximum, or anything in between.

#32 manmythlegend

manmythlegend

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 185 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Lin and Bev do not have similar impact because they have dissimilar games. They have two different skills sets and bring different things to the table.

Bev is a busy-body both offensively and defensively; good at both, great at neither. He's more of a small combo guard. He doesn't necessarily look to create for others and often seeks his own offense first. Case in point: His last two games vs OKC, he had 22 shots and 1 assist. One assist playing nearly 75 minutes in that Rockets offense as a guard is hard to do.

#33 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,122 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Bev is under contract through the 2014-15 season, just like Lin.  It is absolutely fair to compare the bang you get for the buck.  Similar impact, similar age (and thus similar upside), both under contract for the same amount of time, yet one guy costs 10 times more than the other.

totally agree. lin is overpaid for the production he provides. bev is the better player long term to me. however when you take the contracts into consideration.....bev is a facial slam dunk :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#34 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 3,216 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

I think the whole league is really noticing Beverley, I won't be surprised if he gets traded before the last year of his contract like Aaron Brooks did if Morey thinks he can get back more than he's worth. 

#35 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,122 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

I think the whole league is really noticing Beverley, I won't be surprised if he gets traded before the last year of his contract like Aaron Brooks did if Morey thinks he can get back more than he's worth. 

I doubt bev is going anywhere. more like lin. McHale clearly favors bev over lin

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#36 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 3,216 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

McHale isn't the GM, Morey is, and Morey traded players Adelman liked so I don't think he will change his tune for McHale. The only person who can stop Morey is Leslie Alexander.

I'm not saying Bev will get traded, all I'm saying is that Morey likes to buy low and sell high (Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry are the two who first come to mind) so I'm not crossing off the possibility.

#37 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,122 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

McHale isn't the GM, Morey is, and Morey traded players Adelman liked so I don't think he will change his tune for McHale. The only person who can stop Morey is Leslie Alexander.

I'm not saying Bev will get traded, all I'm saying is that Morey likes to buy low and sell high (Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry are the two who first come to mind) so I'm not crossing off the possibility.

then also don't take for granted lin is safe either

#38 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 3,216 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:32 AM

That doesn't make any sense if you're trying to follow my logic. Selling Lin now would be selling low...

#39 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 4,122 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

That doesn't make any sense if you're trying to follow my logic. Selling Lin now would be selling low...

if his value is low as you put it. then you accept the fact he is average to below average? or his value would be high huh? all the more reason he should be moved now so it doesn't drop any lower

#40 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 3,216 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:57 AM

Your yourself said we might only get a 2nd round pick in return for him. How much lower can it get? A 3rd round pick? I'll take that chance  :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users