Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (10 July 2013 - 12:56 AM) Feigan via twitter just said Rockets got fined 150k for saying they're happy they got Dwight. Rockets are allowed to acknowledge Dwight's decision, but not allowed to say they're happy about it...
@  RollingWave : (07 July 2013 - 12:36 AM) also, he was one of the youngest FA out there, so there's actually a chance he might improve
@  2016Champions : (07 July 2013 - 12:29 AM) Not only does Omri knock down open shots, but he runs the floor very hard. He's slightly better than his stats indicate. I'm not saying he's a great player, but there aren't many better players available for the vet min.
@  Steven : (06 July 2013 - 09:00 PM) Casspi is just a spot filler, who will prove depth on the wings incase of injuries throughout the year. He can knock down the open jumper.
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:30 PM) they need to sign someone a little stronger than that....
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:27 PM) Hmm. Looking at his shot charts, he actually looks like a 37-40% 3P shooter from the wings and the corners. Just from the top that he's weak.
@  DrewinAbilene : (06 July 2013 - 07:22 PM) Omri Casspi reportedly signing with Houston for 2 years
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:21 PM) Omri Casspi, apparently? Kind of surprising, thought rest of signings would be better 3P shooters.
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:15 PM) corey brewer still available?
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:12 PM) i wonder who else the rockets can get at decent role players
@  tombrokeoff : (06 July 2013 - 07:11 PM) whew.  havent been able to log in via twitter in forever.  but now its fixed.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:03 PM) Guess that was never going to happen.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:02 PM) https://twitter.com/...589024310571009
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:01 PM) Smoove goes to DET for 4 years, 56M
@  DrewinAbilene : (06 July 2013 - 06:34 PM) I love Garcia! Great job by Morey to convince him to stay and compete for a ring!
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 05:30 PM) Marc Spears says he's signing for 2 years, 2.6M https://twitter.com/...563095123243008
@  ale11 : (06 July 2013 - 05:25 PM) that would be awesome. 3 and D guy, leadership role....he knew we needed the money and might be willing to sign for less, specially now that we landed dwight
@  feelingsuper... : (06 July 2013 - 05:25 PM) That is a solid move, well done Morey.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 05:24 PM) Look like Garcia is returning. Roster taking shape.
@  LMAOwais : (06 July 2013 - 02:42 AM) "sources confirm" is the most bullshit thing

Photo

Talking Howard, Asik, Lin and looking ahead

51 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

New post: Talking Howard, Asik, Lin and looking ahead
    By: rahat huq

Here's the link to my interview this morning with ESPN Radio's Houston Game Day where I looked ahead to the implications of the Howard signing upon Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin.

#2 Sirtaco

Sirtaco

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and the hours leading up to Howard offically declaring he was signing with the Rockets actually had me like I was the verge of a panic attack lol . I was so thrilled when I read the statement from Mitch Kupchak and when Dwight changed his Twitter avatar pic. Anyways, I agree that so far the best bet is to simply hold onto Jeremy Lin and see what he can do with a such a talented roster. I also agree with keeping Asik to provide 48 mins. worth of elite defense and if possible maybe even do the twin towers approach whenever it is possible. I've read that D-Mo is now up to 260 which should help him. Maybe in the near future D12 and D-Mo could be the next Twin Towers.  

#3 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 903 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and the hours leading up to Howard offically declaring he was signing with the Rockets actually had me like I was the verge of a panic attack lol . I was so thrilled when I read the statement from Mitch Kupchak and when Dwight changed his Twitter avatar pic. Anyways, I agree that so far the best bet is to simply hold onto Jeremy Lin and see what he can do with a such a talented roster. I also agree with keeping Asik to provide 48 mins. worth of elite defense and if possible maybe even do the twin towers approach whenever it is possible. I've read that D-Mo is now up to 260 which should help him. Maybe in the near future D12 and D-Mo could be the next Twin Towers.

I'm starting to like the three man rotation of jones d-Mo and Howard. It can keep everyone fresh and bully other teams.

P.s. Is Royce White your hero for the mental anguished?

#4 Sirtaco

Sirtaco

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

I would like to see that rotation to. I just hope theyre ready for more minutes. Although I guess the only way to get them ready is by playing them more. Royce White was never my hero but I was pulling for him until it seemed he really wasnt trying to get back into the game. I understand standing up for a cause but he went about it all the wrong way. I don't think he really cares about getting on the court. All the other rookies always tweeted about going to the gym and working on their game. Marcus Morris always posted instagram pics of him working on his game. The way to show everyone that anxiety can be overcome and people who suffer from it shouldnt be alienated would be by making comprises, working on his game , and getting on the court to show that it could be done. Simply put , he had to man up. Sorry for the long response but it canbe a touchy subject. 

P.S I'm glad his gone so players who deserve to play arent cut cause he was taking up a roster space.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 2,029 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:16 PM

@Rahat

Beverly overrated? while I don't think he is the next coming of cp3 I do think he is starter material. I think he will improve much more than Lin this summer. I have read on some other sites the rockets are trying to move Lin. this is the right move to me. Lin is still the weakest link to me on this team. I think we can live without Lin;s offensive production because of Howard being added to the equation. I still believe the rockets should call phoenix and see if Dragic can be had

#6 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
          • 984 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

Sirtaco, I would like to welcome you to Red94. We are a relatively small forum of dedicated Rockets fans that aim for intelligent and civil debate. I hope you enjoy Red94.

I too was in a state on Friday. I was constantly refreshing the Red94 twitter updates and bouncing around from NBA coverage on ESPN's, CBS's and SI's websites as well as listening to 790 AM. There was a lot of activity in that minute by minute news coverage which I had never ever followed so closely.

Anyway, it is well documented here that I support retaining Asik to back up Howard and I hope we keep him at least till next year's trade deadline.

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#7 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 903 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

SirTaco, I was making a joke about White.
            I thought it was a forgone conclusion that he was going to the Rockets. If he wasn't then he didn't care about winning. But when I heard I celebrated, when I heard 50/50 I was upset, and when I heard Stephen A say he talked to d12 and he is going to be a Rocket I celebrated again.

Slim Thug deserves a bottle of he favorite drink. ;)

Edited by Steven, 07 July 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#8 Sirtaco

Sirtaco

• Members
            • Pip
            • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

I spent the whole day checking Twitter and being on the DreamShake blog. I was really worried when Golden State started making all those trades. I thought the Slim Thug tweets were hilarious and lets not forget about Jim Parsons youtube video. I like Beverly but not sure if ready to be a starter just yet. Plus I like the idea of him coming off the bench and being a sparkplug. Remember when Lowry used to have that role. He was great at it. I think we're giving up on LIn to quick. I want to see how he does with a year under his belt and a full training camp with the current roster .

#9 datruth

datruth

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 76 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

I think its best if we move Lin and Omer. Omer and Howard are two similar players. Very good at one end and challenge on the other end. Lin and Omer to Los Angeles in my mind seems like a no brainer, but who wins in that trade. Lin, Omer, Bryant, Gasol and Metta World Peace sounds better than Howard, Parson, Smith, Beverly and Harden. Trust me Beverly is not a elite player in this league. We still have time, but to compete we must have pieces that fit into holes needed on this team. Harden likes the ball in his hands can he defer at least twenty times a game giving the ball to Howard. Then what happens to Parson and Lin. They can only play with one ball. Who takes a lesser role.

#10 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:26 AM

Lets all hope that Lin doesn't get moved so he can prove most of you guys wrong..so once again we if he does stay on the team and starts for the most of the season were do u see his stats at next year?...and what does he need to achieve to admit you were wrong.
                  P.S Bev is overrated if you think he is a starting pg on a championship team..I would be interested to hear what stats you think Bev would have starting in Lins place..please keep in mind he had more turnovers per 48 then lin

#11 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 779 posts
                  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:32 AM

Lets all hope that Lin doesn't get moved so he can prove most of you guys wrong..so once again we if he does stay on the team and starts for the most of the season were do u see his stats at next year?...and what does he need to achieve to admit you were wrong.
                  P.S Bev is overrated if you think he is a starting pg on a championship team..I would be interested to hear what stats you think Bev would have starting in Lins place..please keep in mind he had more turnovers per 48 then lin

Shhhhh.... RBF's head will explode if you give stats that prove Lin is better than Bev.

Why so Serious? :D

#12 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

He knows that Lin is better right now he just doesn't think that Lin is 8 mil better then Bev..he thinks we can better spend the 8mil..and I'm just wondering what he and others that want Lin gone expect from Lin this year stat wise and what they think Bev would do stat wise in his place..so when Lin Destroys those numbers they expect, i and others can say we are right..and vise versa ovcourse

#13 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 903 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

Canaan will be the starter come playoffs.

#14 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 160 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:07 AM

beverly is only overrated because of his age.  The kid has peaked as a great defender and spark plug but not a starter in this league.  He has been playing professional basketball for a while now and his development has gone very well but im afraid he is what you see.  That's just my opinion though.  

RIP Royce White.  You will...  well...  you're gone.

#15 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 2,029 posts
                        • Locationhouston

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

He knows that Lin is better right now he just doesn't think that Lin is 8 mil better then Bev..he thinks we can better spend the 8mil..and I'm just wondering what he and others that want Lin gone expect from Lin this year stat wise and what they think Bev would do stat wise in his place..so when Lin Destroys those numbers they expect, i and others can say we are right..and vise versa ovcourse

I see at least you know where I stand. thanks for clearing that up. ;)

as for asik and Lin.............I think it would not be out of the question to see one or both moved before the season. unlike some I am comfortable with a Howard, T-Jones, D-MO, G-Smith rotation among PF and C. YES we could add some depth, but we'll be fine there. PG however is a different story. while I will agree I may have stretched it a bit suggesting bev is a starter....he isn't that far behind Lin. getting a better shooter in that position should be what the rockets next move is.

#16 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 160 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

Houston Rockets championship contenders:

"I'm betting $30 million on it"
                          -Dwight Howard

Im loving this!

#17 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
                          • 984 posts
                          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:25 AM

I also spoke of Beverly as a starter but for me it was always as a temporary fix until Morey could fleece somebody this upcoming season. I am starting to believe that stability is important but one more borderline All Star type is needed to join Harden, Howard and Parsons.

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#18 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 903 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

Houston Rockets championship contenders:

"I'm betting $30 million on it"
                            -Dwight Howard

Im loving this!

It's actually $9M and that's cause of the fifth year, but whose counting.

#19 sircharles

sircharles

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 271 posts
                            • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Canaan will be the starter come playoffs.

as much as i like canaan, thats what everyone was saying about machado.....

#20 sircharles

sircharles

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 271 posts
                            • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

sign and trade asik to the nuggets for corey brewer and andre miller(like they need another center)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users