Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Feasible Rockets Targets

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#101 pharmag

pharmag

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

I agree with Alituro. I think Scola definitely needs to stay on this team. I had not even considered the whole "entering the NBA from another system" mentor-mentee relationship, but in general Scola will be a better mentor than Patterson. The goal would be by the end of his contract, Scola and Motie have switched spots and Scola can either move on or resign and continue to play a back-up PF position and a locker room, vet presence.

Morris definitely needs more time, but I think the biggest factor in him not getting more time is because he is more of a ball-stop player (not as bad as Melo). That didn't really fit in with the team this year. Furthermore, as a rookie who was also switching positions, I think it made sense to let him go to the D-league a lot and learn how to play a small forward. I would expect him to get some more time next season when McHale has a chance to figure out where he fits with the team (unless he gets moved in a trade).

As far as prospects like McGee, I think these project bigs from other teams need to be avoided. If you want a project big, draft him. It limits his baggage. If you are trading for a big, he needs to be a matured, established player (not necessarily elite, but definitely established).

#102 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,125 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

I agree with Alituro. I think Scola definitely needs to stay on this team. I had not even considered the whole "entering the NBA from another system" mentor-mentee relationship, but in general Scola will be a better mentor than Patterson. The goal would be by the end of his contract, Scola and Motie have switched spots and Scola can either move on or resign and continue to play a back-up PF position and a locker room, vet presence.

Morris definitely needs more time, but I think the biggest factor in him not getting more time is because he is more of a ball-stop player (not as bad as Melo). That didn't really fit in with the team this year. Furthermore, as a rookie who was also switching positions, I think it made sense to let him go to the D-league a lot and learn how to play a small forward. I would expect him to get some more time next season when McHale has a chance to figure out where he fits with the team (unless he gets moved in a trade).

As far as prospects like McGee, I think these project bigs from other teams need to be avoided. If you want a project big, draft him. It limits his baggage. If you are trading for a big, he needs to be a matured, established player (not necessarily elite, but definitely established).

both of you two have some very good points that I had not considered with scola. also I don't think we go all out for mc gee but we should at least take a peak. on morris, an isolation player may be want this team needed to help close games. as for martin I think all of houston wants him moved, but we must have another option at two guard. mayo I would make a good effort to aquire. everything else (ie big man search) can be possibly be fixed on draft day.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#103 cdhthegreat

cdhthegreat

• Members
    • Pip
    • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

No to McGee (unless he's brought over really reasonably). Morey has to draft for need this year, and there are a ton of talented bigs around where we should be d Morris doesn't work out here simply from a numbers standpoint. Parsons sticks unless you have to include him in a trade for a star and Bud is a great value, so you'd have to be blown away to trade him. Lowry is the most realistic guy to be traded out if you can return an impact player. With what's going on in Orlando and him being out for a considerable amount of time, you have to think that Howard's value has to be at the attainable level.

Still like the idea of taking on a bad contract and trading up.

#104 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 437 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I don't think we should give Scola away, but if we can get some value for him I think we should move him. He is by no means untouchable in my opinion, but I'm not as down on him as everyone else is. His biggest downside is defending pick-and-rolls but with a shot blocker in the paint that could be game planned around. I think we absolutely need to get a full sized C. I'm tired of seeing the Rockets playing a C who just looks small next to the other teams C. I think we should target Robert Sacre if we can get a late 2nd rounder or as an undrafted free agent. He is by no means great right now but he's tall and pretty athletic. Not only that but he plays hard. Doesn't do much offensively but if you can find someone useful late in the second you take him. That, obviously isn't the only move we need to make this off season but I think it would help.

In terms of some of the more recent players people have talked about trading I would never want Josh Smith on my team. I love watching that guy play, but offensively he still doesn't understand his game. 2 years ago he pretty much stopped taking 3's all together and that was great for his game. Now he's back to jacking 2 3s a game. Also he's not really strong enough to match with the better PFs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users