Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  YaoMan : (23 October 2015 - 04:49 PM) Zach Lowe seems to think the Rox are the biggest threat to GSW: http://grantland.com...-16-nba-season/
@  cointurtlemoose : (23 October 2015 - 04:36 PM) Hey if yall want a good podcast to listen to, find the Dunc'd On Basketball Podcast on Itunes, Rahat just did a Rockets preview with the host.
@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash

Photo

Dwight Howard is soft. Not a champion caliber... Says Kobe.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

I love Kobe.  I really do...  His teammates have got to be feeling for Howard right now.  Kobe talked crap for too long about Howard...

#2 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,597 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

From an outside viewpoint(don't know the man at all personally), Kobe is an extremely hard working player, a great individual player, a good team player(because his individual talent is so high), a poor teammate, and an even worse person. That's just my opinion based on his comments and all of the situations he's gotten himself into.

Why so Serious? :D

#3 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
    • 2,311 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:55 PM

I can't stand Kobe and find it hard to understand how some Rocket fans love Kobe.
    How sweet it is!

#4 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,137 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I love Kobe.  I really do...  His teammates have got to be feeling for Howard right now.  Kobe talked crap for too long about Howard...

Well, here is a link that gives us a little more insight into what was said during the Lakers game.  NSFW - naughty words - LINK

I am not sure what you mean, but I doubt anyone feels badly for Dwight.  Once you consider the source, who cares?  Kobe has been running his mouth for so long I am surprised anyone listens at all.

Kobe can sit high up on his perch, casting aspersions and belittling everyone who he perceives to be beneath him.  He can hold those 5 championship trophies tight to validate himself.  I'm sure he keeps them very shiny so that he can see his own reflection in them--for who else can keep him company but his own greatness--no one else is worthy.

Kobe the player vs. Kobe the man are 2 different things.  I could care less what the man has to say or think.  His basketball skill is matched only by his social ineptitude.  I get it--it's hard to treat people with respect when you believe everyone is beneath you.

Honestly, I imagine that if they are talking about Kobe's words at all it's to laugh.  Apparently, Durant is in on it too: NSFW LINK.  It seems like a bit of hearsay--withholding judgement on this one.

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,597 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:46 PM

I took his comment to mean that his teammates want Howard. It was kind of hard to decipher his comment though.

#6 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,137 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:50 PM

I took his comment to mean that his teammates want Howard. It was kind of hard to decipher his comment though.

Huh?  "his teammates want Howard"....to do what?....to be on the team instead of Kobe?

It must suck to play with Kobe right now--if I feel for anyone it's them.  Kobe shoots them out of every game while donning his hero's cape and not-so-subtly throwing all of his teammates under the bus basically saying they all suck and it's their fault--basically, the epitome of an emotionally abusive partner.  I would like nothing better than to see them "freeze him out" of the next game.  Better than that, I'd love Shaw to sit Kobe and let the kids play--they've got players.  They can win without Kobe.  They aren't a playoff team either way. 

#7 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,597 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

I read his comments as his teammates are missing Howard and that Kobe was wrong to run him out of town.

#8 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,865 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

Kobe is clearly inconsequential going forward........complete 180 from his hero MJ at this point in MJ's career.

#9 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,865 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:00 PM

Kobe is clearly inconsequential going forward........complete 180 from his hero MJ at this point in MJ's career.

I clearly meant to say Kobe is absolutely quite distant from MJ's game at this point in both of their careers.............Don't get me wrong, I respect Kobe, closest to a MJ in the past 30 years without a doubt...........still, MJ was so much better than Kobe could ever dream of being..........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users