Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  feelingsuper... : (01 March 2014 - 12:37 AM) Agreed, if any 3 of those coaches could immediately plug them in and get anything g it would have been Pop. Guess I am relieved now that you remind me of that.
@  Alituro : (28 February 2014 - 09:19 PM) You're right though, LAC and OKC are both dangerous enough to worry about, but they could contribute right away on the Spurs, who I was banking on remaining hobbled.
@  Alituro : (28 February 2014 - 09:17 PM) I would just rest easier knowing they're at the bottom of our conference or in the other. Both can be dangerous, esp in the right environment
@  feelingsuper... : (28 February 2014 - 08:57 PM) I think the verdict is still out, my guess is Butler contributes sporadically and I believe Granger is damaged goods, guess we'll see Alituro
@  Alituro : (28 February 2014 - 08:25 PM) FSS-- Oh NO! absolute worst possible case scenario for us, except SA scooping one up..
@  feelingsuper... : (28 February 2014 - 06:34 PM) Butler to Thunder and Granger to Clippers...
@  miketheodio : (27 February 2014 - 06:45 AM) lots of shots missed at the rim =/
@  feelingsuper... : (27 February 2014 - 06:17 AM) I think the Rockets looked good but just ran out of gas and then struggled to stay focused. Parsons needs to figure out when he needs to stop shooting some nights.
@  MrLobble : (27 February 2014 - 06:13 AM) I actually hope we go on a super winning streak or lose a couple... i don't want to see LAC in the 1st rd
@  MrLobble : (27 February 2014 - 06:13 AM) or no Power Forward
@  Cooper : (27 February 2014 - 06:12 AM) not going to beat playoff teams with Parsons no showing and cold harden/lin.
@  MrLobble : (27 February 2014 - 06:09 AM) when can we promote Canaan into lins spot?
@  YaoMan : (27 February 2014 - 04:40 AM) I like this kid Hamilton!
@  YaoMan : (27 February 2014 - 04:39 AM) Too many turnovers again - unforced turnovers. What is Bev trying to dribble around Paul for? And that Howard pass to no one...
@  YaoMan : (27 February 2014 - 04:15 AM) I thought we were going to see another game like the one in early November...
@  Cooper : (27 February 2014 - 04:13 AM) can't beleive Turkoglu still plays professional basketball.
@  SadLakerFan : (26 February 2014 - 05:51 AM) That's true; it was a bit of a weird tangent - but I think I was just following up the previous comment. Perfect game from the Rockets. Looking forward to tomorrow.
@  miketheodio : (26 February 2014 - 05:37 AM) hamilton had a nice looking shot. canaan still looks a little hesitant/nervous.
@  feelingsuper... : (26 February 2014 - 05:35 AM) You lost me SadLaker, of all the things to talk about and that is the tangent you go on, okaaaayyyyy.
@  SadLakerFan : (26 February 2014 - 05:26 AM) If the lead drops to 10-15 points, that is.

Photo

kevin love

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...-teammates-loss

who would you give up for kevin love at this point, who seems unhappy in minnesota at least a bit and is gotta be  threat for.

Is two 1sts, right to trade spots on a 3rd, tjones and Lin too little, too much for us...just wondering. If they wanted asik i'd give them that too, but i think they'd just keep pek and don't wanna pay asik 15 mil next year. Lin can shoot unlike rubio at the pg spot.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#2 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

For the money to work, you have to either move both Asik and Lin, or one of Harden / Howard to have any chance.

Assuming we're not doing the later. it is tricky on how a Asik and Lin combo would work for the Wolfs, who have Pek and Rubio. even if you like the Rockets duo more, you'd have to somehow move the Wolfs duo to make this work, which would mean a very complex 3 way has to be in the books somehow.

In short, it's rather unlikely to happen. The Rockets current roster lines up poorly with the Wolfs. Then again, it's not entirely clear who lines up well with them (the Suns I guess, but why blowup a good thing ), and if they're trading Love might as well be a huge firesale.

Like, if it's Okafor expiring + Bledsoe + picks, it be a considerably better package and fit than what the Rockets could do at this point.

Edited by RollingWave, 10 January 2014 - 04:53 AM.

#3 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 319 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:08 AM

Don't need another big that can shoot threes.  We got it.

60e3448e-7cf5-4163-8e27-d818809bb5ae.gif

#4 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 920 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

Don't have the pieces to pull in a guy like klove.

#5 rm90025

rm90025

Rookie

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 69 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

With Bledsoe's injury, Minnesota has a good shot at cracking the West's top 8.  Love isn't going anywhere. 

#6 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 319 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

Did you guys scroll too fast?  I'm pretty sure ive covered all of the bases here.

#7 Steven

Steven

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Casspi's reaction is priceless.

#8 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 150 posts
              • LocationHouston

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

For the money to work, you have to either move both Asik and Lin, or one of Harden / Howard to have any chance.

Assuming we're not doing the later. it is tricky on how a Asik and Lin combo would work for the Wolfs, who have Pek and Rubio. even if you like the Rockets duo more, you'd have to somehow move the Wolfs duo to make this work, which would mean a very complex 3 way has to be in the books somehow.

In short, it's rather unlikely to happen. The Rockets current roster lines up poorly with the Wolfs. Then again, it's not entirely clear who lines up well with them (the Suns I guess, but why blowup a good thing ), and if they're trading Love might as well be a huge firesale.

Like, if it's Okafor expiring + Bledsoe + picks, it be a considerably better package and fit than what the Rockets could do at this point.

i actually agree its not enough...but fyi the money works according to this...dunno how though...maybe espn is off? Isn't it 125 % plus 100,000?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=ka75xgq

but yeah...i don't think we have enough without including parsons...which i think would defeat the whole purpose of improving our team. Alas, maybe Love would want to only come here (jk jk), and for the 8 seed comment later...the point wasn't where the wolves are at, its where love is at with his teammates. If he's not gonna re-sign they have to trade him, but yeah i'd take Okafor bledsoe and picks, or griffin, or some others over anything we got as minny. I mean the guy is 3rd in per...i'd trade griffin for him as LAC.

Edited by Losthief, 10 January 2014 - 08:29 AM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#9 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 108 posts
              • LocationIsrael

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hard to see this happen in mid-season, it would be much more relevant in the summer if Minny's season ends badly. Again.

#10 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,199 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:59 AM

What we need is SG/SF perimeter defense and depth. 

#11 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,353 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Eric Bledsoe's season is likely over, so the Rockets trading for Bledsoe this season is over, too.

And as I have mentioned in prior topics and posts, Bledsoe is going to command a huge contract next season as he is an unrestricted free agent. Just not possible for the Rockets to pay both Chandler Parsons and Eric Bledsoe prior to the start of next season. So the hopes of the Rockets obtaining Eric Bledsoe for the long run is just an absolute pipe dream in my opinion. Not to mention the fact that it would be ridiculous to think the Rockets would even seriously consider trading Asik and Lin for a short-term rental of Bledsoe even if he happened to be fully healthy for the remainder of this season.

Edited by rocketrick, 10 January 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#12 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 498 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:43 PM

you miss what I'm saying, I'm saying that the Suns trade that package to the Wolfs for Love, and the Wolfs extend Bledsoe etc.

That way, they tank really hard this year, and have Bledsoe + couple of first rounder (one likely pretty high) next year.

@lostthief : yeah your right, Lin + Jones works, thought Love was a little bit higher than that money.

Edited by RollingWave, 10 January 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#13 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,353 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

you miss what I'm saying, I'm saying that the Suns trade that package to the Wolfs for Love, and the Wolfs extend Bledsoe etc.

That way, they tank really hard this year, and have Bledsoe + couple of first rounder (one likely pretty high) next year.

@lostthief : yeah your right, Lin + Jones works, thought Love was a little bit higher than that money.

OK, sorry about that.

Still, unless the T-Wolves are ready to bail on Ricky Rubio as their PG of the future, I just don't see this.

For one, the T-Wolves are still in the hunt for a playoff spot this season which they need to keep Kevin Love in the fold going forward.

Secondly, as everyone now knows, Bledsoe is probably (although not yet official) done for this season so Bledsoe isn't going to have any (or much) impact going forward this season.

Lastly, are the Wolves ready to start decimating their youngsters and future draft picks for a 1-year rental OR commit to a major contract with Bledsoe when Love himself (MORE IMPORTANTLY) is due a major contract commitment at the end of next year?

I don't know, I just don't see it but I've been wrong before so let's just see what happens.....

Edited by rocketrick, 10 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#14 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPip
                      • 920 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Could play Rubio and Bledsoe together. Phx plays him with dragic. And Bledsoe is a restricted FA this summer so they could sign him long term.

#15 Incubus2803

Incubus2803

Rookie

• Members
                        • PipPip
                        • 55 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Omer Asik and d-mo to boston
                          Terrence jones to minny.
                          Boston sends jeff green and Brandon bass to minny.
                          Kevin love to Houston.
                          With picks exchanged all around to balance things out. But that's the salary

#16 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                          • 3,207 posts
                          • Locationhouston

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

I know some of you think it's impossible to pull this trade off...............I don't. Yes it will take a third team, but I feel we have the assets to get it done if Minny blinks. here is a trade idea I have been thinking on

Minny sends K-Love to Houston

Houston sends Lin + 2014 and 2016 first rounders to Minny and Asik and D-Mo to Philly along with the 2 Portland 2nd rounders we own

Philly sends Young + N.O 2014 first rounder they own to Minny

why Philly does this: they acquire a franchise center, a good prospect in D-Mo and two 2nd rounder to reel in more young players. we already know they are interested in Asik and I think would jump on the chance to grab D-Mo as well.

why Minny does this: they have come to the conclusion they are not making the playoffs and trying to keep K-Love is futile. Minny owe their draft pick to Phoenix this year, but it is lottery protected. the trade deadline is Feb 20 so they will have a pretty good picture of their chances by then. if they elect to tank they will have their own pick back, a pick from N.O and a pick from Houston in this years draft + Houston's 2016 first rounder and T-Young and J-Lin.........combined with what they have left that's a good start on a rebuild. I think Rubio's days in Minny are numbered. I been watching his stats. he has not shown the progress Minny was hoping for.

why Houston does this: K-Love will resolve our chemistry issues

now Minny may feel their are better offers on the table, but I believe what we can put on the table at least deserves consideration. a lot will depend on how K-Love feels whenever the decision to part ways is made. he may chase away teams by letting them know they have no chance to resign him. if that situation happens we become the better offer because we can still afford to give this up in a rental situation

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#17 Chai

Chai

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'm one of those people that believe Love is overrated... There should be no way a player with his stats cannot carry his team above .500... It's not like they have a bad coach or a bad team. At this point in time, I would rather have TJones at a fraction of the cost providing 80% of Love will bring to the table as a 2nd/3rd option on the team on offense. I also think Jones has a much higher ceiling compared to Love on the defensive end.

#18 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPip
                            • 1,941 posts
                            • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

80%? Maybe 20%.

Why so Serious? :D

#19 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPip
                            • 920 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Love isn't Lebron or KD by any means or even like Paul where if he'd on your team your making the playoffs and have a good chance to go far. but if he's your second of third best player you have a really good team. Jones isn't even half that good right now and if he becomes that good they will have to give him a large extension anyways so I don't think money is an issue. If you can get love without trading Harden, Howard, or Parsons you have to do it. Normally even parsons wouldn't be untouchable but there's zero depth behind him so they'd at least need a solid 3 back.

Edited by Cooper, 13 January 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#20 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 319 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

I agree that TJONES is 20% of Love's talent but I get your point.  

Love isn't overrated by any stretch.  The guy does work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users