Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) So according to TMZ (I know, I know) Dwight Howard had an incident last month in which he took a loaded gun into an airport, but he was allowed to give it to a friend to take it back and wasn't arrested.
@  jorgeaam : (31 August 2015 - 10:45 PM) The Los Angeles Rockets, lol
@  redfaithful : (31 August 2015 - 09:51 PM) Seems that Chuck is also on his way to the Clippers.
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) ill just leave this here...
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) http://www.timeandda...04&font=cursive
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) At least in my opinion.
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) I love having Terry. But the main factor was that New Orleans will NOT compete for a championship this year and the Rockets will.
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Things that make me like the JET even more
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Jason Terry said that he turned down a more lucrative deal from New Orleans in order to return to Houston.
@  clydesmoustache : (19 August 2015 - 08:32 AM) A year ago who would have thought I would be so happy to have Jason Terry on my team. Welcome back JET! Hurry up October!
@  cointurtlemoose : (19 August 2015 - 04:45 AM) Terry I love yooouuuuuuuuu
@  jorgeaam : (19 August 2015 - 02:38 AM) Yay Terry is back!
@  majik19 : (15 August 2015 - 09:33 PM) and i thought these shouts were limited to some number of characters!

Photo

The keys to the Houston Rockets' season: #4 - the evolution of James Harden

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,116 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

As there is now a DMo thread, I'll shift this back to His Beardness.

Do you think there should be a minutes restriction on Harden this season to keep him fresh for our next potential playoff push? How do you feel about him playing in the Olympics? I would personally like to see him take more of an LBJ stance and save his body for the 'ship. I don't know how players weigh Olympic medals versus NBA championships, but it seems to me that Harden already has an Olympic and FIBA gold, the only jewel left to add to his crown is the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Discuss.

I think Harden's minutes will be reduced this season...closer to 33 mpg.  I don't think there will be a hard limit, but the coaches will be mindful to get him as much rest as possible.  Ultimately, we have to fight for playoff seeding and that may require extra time here and there.  I think having Lawson will help us in creating more "comfortable" wins that allow us to sit Harden more in 4th quarters.  

As for the Olympics--that's his business.  If he wants to do it then who can say, "No"?  Besides, last I checked we all unanimously agreed that his time playing for those teams has been nothing but beneficial for his growth/development.

#22 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:11 AM

I'd rather worry about game limits than minutes. Say...75 games giving him rests down the stretch and back to back sometimes. Any 4 in 5 nights he needs to sit at least one, etc etc.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#23 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

Besides, last I checked we all unanimously agreed that his time playing for those teams has been nothing but beneficial for his growth/development.

Yes, the time with those teams has been great for his game, but at what point does it become detrimental to his body? Would he have had more gas in the tank in the GS series if he had not played with the FIBA team over the summer? Would we even be in that series had he not played with the FIBA team over the summer?

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#24 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

I'd rather worry about game limits than minutes. Say...75 games giving him rests down the stretch and back to back sometimes. Any 4 in 5 nights he needs to sit at least one, etc etc.

I agree more with a game restriction that a minutes restriction. 2nd night of B2B's and tanking teams should be almost automatic games off for The Beard. I would like more pressure to be put on the rest of the team against some of the "lesser talents" of the NBA to grow as players and as a unit. Maybe this would prevent a lot of the playing to the level of the competition I have seen in the past. Guys who don't get much floor time being given an opportunity while we rest our franchise players will want to take advantage of their minutes and push their deveolpment in an almost D-League situation.

#25 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:35 AM

I agree more with a game restriction that a minutes restriction. 2nd night of B2B's and tanking teams should be almost automatic games off for The Beard. I would like more pressure to be put on the rest of the team against some of the "lesser talents" of the NBA to grow as players and as a unit. Maybe this would prevent a lot of the playing to the level of the competition I have seen in the past. Guys who don't get much floor time being given an opportunity while we rest our franchise players will want to take advantage of their minutes and push their deveolpment in an almost D-League situation.

I too agree with game restrictions over minutes restricted. the NBA is supposed to curb the 4 games in 5 nights stuff and cut down on B2B's. while seeing is believing it should lead to a better quality of ball being played. I don't know if anyone else is noticing, but the Texas teams are always on the high end of B2B's in the scheduling. I wrote and ask the NBA why this is so and was told they did not see any disadvantage in the way the scheduling was done and basically brushed off after that. hopefully since they are making an effort to curb all B2Bs we will be one of the teams to benefit the most because of the amount we play. I think that can also play into how well we play and the injury picture.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#26 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,116 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

Here is a fun graphic a Reddit user made.

First, nice job, James.  Getting the 4th highest ppp on iso's while attempting so many per game is impressive no matter how one feels about iso plays in general.

Second, it will be interesting to see how it shifts this season with Lawson.  I would expect to see 2-3 fewer iso's per game with an uptick in efficiency.

#27 redfaithful

redfaithful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

Here is a fun graphic a Reddit user made.

Nice to see that even when he's injured most of the season Kobe is still in a world of his own.

#28 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:18 PM

Kobe is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. I truly believe that.

I have Kobe as a top 10-15 player all time. However, some people rank him 2nd behind Jordan. It's ridiculous.

Why so Serious? :D

#29 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

Kobe is the most overrated player in the history of the NBA. I truly believe that.

I have Kobe as a top 10-15 player all time. However, some people rank him 2nd behind Jordan. It's ridiculous.

Who do you have at #2? I am on the fence about Vino. Really great player, just not sure where I'd rank him. If were talking all time, he's definitely in the lower portion of top 15.

Also, Roll Tide.

Edited by slick shoes, 25 August 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#30 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

1) Jordan
2) Kareem
3) Hakeem
4) Duncan
5) Shaq
6) Magic
7) Russell
8) wilt
9) Oscar
10) Bird
11) Dr J
12) Kobe(earliest I could put him).

Why so Serious? :D

#31 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,116 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:54 PM

This is where I'm supposed to say, "let's keep this thread on topic"; however, it had been long dead until I put that graphic up so I don't think anyone minds.

I don't know about Shaq at #5.... :unsure:  I think I deduct points for his lack of skill.  Honestly, there are many people on this forum who likely have more basketball skill than Shaq.  I'm not denying his dominance nor his accomplishments--he was nearly unstoppable.  I just can't put him that high on a list of "best/greatest of all time".

#32 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

This is where I'm supposed to say, "let's keep this thread on topic"; however, it had been long dead until I put that graphic up so I don't think anyone minds.

I don't know about Shaq at #5.... :unsure:  I think I deduct points for his lack of skill.  Honestly, there are many people on this forum who likely have more basketball skill than Shaq.  I'm not denying his dominance nor his accomplishments--he was nearly unstoppable.  I just can't put him that high on a list of "best/greatest of all time".

Shaq has no business on any top all time list (maybe big men in the 90's), especially yours with all that talent you have below. Better than WIlt? Dr. J?! Bird??!? Come on, man.

Edited by slick shoes, 25 August 2015 - 04:32 PM.

#33 txtdo1411

txtdo1411

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

Shaq has no business on any top all time list (maybe big men in the 90's), especially yours with all that talent you have below. Better than WIlt? Dr. J?! Bird??!? Come on, man.

I don't know, I disagree that he doesn't belong. He might not necessarily be top 5, but he was certainly one of the most dominating big men to ever play the game. Whether it was because of his sheer size or his "skill" really is a moot point when you have a career like he did. Almost every player in the top 25 of all time had/has elite physical gifts. I'd argue Lebron benefits from his freakish size/strength/speed combination just as much as Shaq did. He definitely has more skill as well, but that is why he is considered 2nd best or the best, whichever your preference. That is why it is so hard and impossible to agree on a list like this. Everyone has their own personal criteria they go by. I personally think it is unreal to have the sort of size, strength, and footwork Shaq had, so I still personally rank him high regardless of his perceived lack of "skill".   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users