Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 01:42 AM) one bullet left in the chamber is diff than fully loaded and ready to go. Still stupid...but not like he was prepared for a shooting spree.
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) http://www.tmz.com/2...t-get-arrested/
@  jorgeaam : (02 September 2015 - 09:33 PM) So according to TMZ (I know, I know) Dwight Howard had an incident last month in which he took a loaded gun into an airport, but he was allowed to give it to a friend to take it back and wasn't arrested.
@  jorgeaam : (31 August 2015 - 10:45 PM) The Los Angeles Rockets, lol
@  redfaithful : (31 August 2015 - 09:51 PM) Seems that Chuck is also on his way to the Clippers.
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) ill just leave this here...
@  slick shoes : (24 August 2015 - 06:14 PM) http://www.timeandda...04&font=cursive
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) At least in my opinion.
@  timetodienow... : (21 August 2015 - 07:20 PM) I love having Terry. But the main factor was that New Orleans will NOT compete for a championship this year and the Rockets will.
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Things that make me like the JET even more
@  jorgeaam : (21 August 2015 - 03:57 AM) Jason Terry said that he turned down a more lucrative deal from New Orleans in order to return to Houston.
@  clydesmoustache : (19 August 2015 - 08:32 AM) A year ago who would have thought I would be so happy to have Jason Terry on my team. Welcome back JET! Hurry up October!
@  cointurtlemoose : (19 August 2015 - 04:45 AM) Terry I love yooouuuuuuuuu
@  jorgeaam : (19 August 2015 - 02:38 AM) Yay Terry is back!
@  majik19 : (15 August 2015 - 09:33 PM) and i thought these shouts were limited to some number of characters!

Photo

Los Angeles Clippers 128, Houston Rockets 95: The abyss

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:00 AM

RBF - interesting that you back now.

This.

Yea losing our only PG that could actually defend was McHale's fault. Losing the only player that could actually make Blake work on the defensive end was McHale's fault...

Look McHale is no great coach, and I will never try to argue that (although I would argue top 5 COTY candidate this season), but we are not losing games by 20+ points because of his coaching. We are losing these games because the Clippers, at this point in time, are better than the Rockets. We have no one to match up with Paul or even Rivers. Griffin is owning Smith and Jones. Our only advantage was supposed to be our bench, and they have been outplayed worse than anyone could have possibly thought. To blame this series on McHale is ridiculous. I know you don't like the guy, but just say that, don't make up things about how he is the reason we are down 3-1 in this series. 

I was thinking the same thing. I actually really enjoy RBFs posts so it would have been nice to hear his perspective when the team was winning while battling with one of the worst injury runs in the league.

first of all guys......I never left. I read a lot more now than I use to, but I don't post nearly as much. if I could discuss reasonably McHale's faults without trying to get into a one up man ship battle nothing would please me more :rolleyes: however most posters refuse to look objectively at the debate without letting it get personal. I respect your right to have your opinion. I just don't agree. If you wish we can discuss him, but only in a reasonable manner. I don't want to argue. but if you really want to look at it objectively I'm game

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#22 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

first of all guys......I never left. I read a lot more now than I use to, but I don't post nearly as much. if I could discuss reasonably McHale's faults without trying to get into a one up man ship battle nothing would please me more :rolleyes: however most posters refuse to look objectively at the debate without letting it get personal. I respect your right to have your opinion. I just don't agree. If you wish we can discuss him, but only in a reasonable manner. I don't want to argue. but if you really want to look at it objectively I'm game

In other words, agree with RBF and all is swell. Trust me, RBF will argue with you if you disagree. Which is OK. Just don't take his bait unless you know what you are getting yourself into.

#23 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:48 PM

I will agree to disagree then. I just find it funny that RBF decided to post again when we were down 3-1. Nothing more than that.

#24 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,119 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:16 PM

In other words, agree with RBF and all is swell. Trust me, RBF will argue with you if you disagree. Which is OK. Just don't take his bait unless you know what you are getting yourself into.

:lol:  :lol:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#25 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,119 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

I will agree to disagree then. I just find it funny that RBF decided to post again when we were down 3-1. Nothing more than that.

are you saying I only post when disaster is upon us? that I only love to hate? I have always been critical of McHale. perhaps you missed some of my post. sorry my timing caused alarm. in an exchange with JG during the season I actually admitted that McHale taking a step back and allowing his assistants to assume more control was good for the Rockets. we had a successful season and McHale deserves some credit, however coaching in the regular season and coaching in the playoffs are two different ballgames. I believe the overall talent accumulated by the Rockets is more the reason for our success up to this point than anything McHale has done. in fact the only thing I really credit him for is staying the heck out of the way. we are at a point where mere talent alone will not get the job done unless we build a super team. to take that next step we need a leader who has a plan. McHale doesn't make the grade on either front.

#26 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 172 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:56 AM

The problem with the hacking approach is when you play an entire first half without running on offense or playing defense (two strengths of the Rockets all season), it's hard to get things started up in the 2nd half.  Players get in a rhythm early on in games - there's no on-off switch.

Down 3-1 is not death, especially with home court.  I'm older, so I remember the 1995 Houston - Phoenix series.  Phoenix looked every bit as potent offensively as the Clippers today and they were up 3-1.  The Rockets came back to win 3 in a row, including games 5 and 7 in Phoenix, the last one on Mario Elie's "kiss of death".  I'm not saying the odds are good - I think that 95 Rockets team is one of only ten or so teams in NBA history to win a series down 3-1 (and they are certainly the only "bottom 4" seed to ever win a championship) but it's been done.  By the way, that team had a dominant center (Olajuwan), a fantastic wing (Drexler) and "serviceable parts" at the other positions (Kenny Smith, Mario Elie, Robert Horry). 

Can I say I called it?

#27 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,865 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:46 AM

Now is really not the time to be nitpicking or calling out specific players or the Head Coach, in my opinion. Enjoy the Playoffs, what a ride the Rockets have given us this entire season! I for one hope for a long run in these playoffs! By far the best and deepest roster the Rockets have had since their last great run in the 1990's in my honest opinion. Certainly not even close to the perfect roster which makes their accomplishments really stand out in my mind. And Coach McHale doesn't get near the credit he deserves, either!

#28 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 172 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

are you saying I only post when disaster is upon us? that I only love to hate? I have always been critical of McHale. perhaps you missed some of my post. sorry my timing caused alarm. in an exchange with JG during the season I actually admitted that McHale taking a step back and allowing his assistants to assume more control was good for the Rockets. we had a successful season and McHale deserves some credit, however coaching in the regular season and coaching in the playoffs are two different ballgames. I believe the overall talent accumulated by the Rockets is more the reason for our success up to this point than anything McHale has done. in fact the only thing I really credit him for is staying the heck out of the way. we are at a point where mere talent alone will not get the job done unless we build a super team. to take that next step we need a leader who has a plan. McHale doesn't make the grade on either front.

Five days ago, the Clippers were being given the best odds of winning the NBA title. Do you really think the Rockets are on the brink of beating this team because the coaching staff has "gotten out of the way"?

#29 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 62 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:07 PM

I didn't say anything like that. I just found it interesting. End of story. But since we're debating, I would like to know your thougths about inserting smith in the starting lineup and getting TJ off the bench, for example. Also, about the decision to leave harden on the bench.

#30 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,119 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

I didn't say anything like that. I just found it interesting. End of story. But since we're debating, I would like to know your thougths about inserting smith in the starting lineup and getting TJ off the bench, for example. Also, about the decision to leave harden on the bench.

my thoughts on Smith in the starting lineup..........I would still rather him come off the bench. I think over these last couple of games McHale has outcoached Doc. it has actually lowered my opinion of Doc as a coach. while I still dislike McHale I do give credit when credit is due. whether it be blind luck or the first signs McHale has learned a few things about coaching the last couple of games do offer hope

#31 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,119 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Five days ago, the Clippers were being given the best odds of winning the NBA title. Do you really think the Rockets are on the brink of beating this team because the coaching staff has "gotten out of the way"?

yes

#32 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 62 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

You gave him credit, that's all I wanted to hear! :D And I agree with rocketrick, let's enjoy this. Go get that game 7 guys.

#33 SadLakerFan

SadLakerFan

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 172 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:46 PM

Someone should preserve this thread, because the original article, and subsequent comments reflected the views of the vast majority of fans and experts (including Vegas!). 

What a testament to this Rockets team - I've seen my Lakers lose a series when up 3-1, but we had Kwame Brown, Luke Walton and Smush Parker in the starting lineup in that series.  This was very different, closer to the 95 comeback by the Rockets against Phoenix.  The 95 series will probably always be remembered as the greatest comeback, because the Rockets did it on the road and went on to win the championship.  But if the 2015 Rockets win the title (and if they can win one of their next two games, I like their chances), people may remember this one.  It's one for the ages.  Congrats.

#34 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 143 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

You gave him credit, that's all I wanted to hear! :D And I agree with rocketrick, let's enjoy this. Go get that game 7 guys.

HAIL Mc-hail!

#35 Willk

Willk

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 308 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

HAIL Mc-hail!

McWin?

#36 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 143 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

McWin?

Yeah McWin!! I'm seriously in shock still.

#37 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
                        • PipPip
                        • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

McWin is a nice one though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users