Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Houston Rockets 102, Brooklyn Nets 98: 40 before 20

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 King's Gambit Accepted

King's Gambit Accepted

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

I know you are being sarcastic, but for the sake of actual numbers here is what I see.

James has scored less than 20 points 12 times this season.

In those games he has averaged 7.2 assists/game.

In those games he has shot 16% from three point range.

In those games we have gone 6-6.

Those games tend to come against strong defensive teams: GS, LAC (2x), MEM, OKC, ATL, PHO, and NOP.

It's not a big deal.  Really, it seems to be a matter of poor three point shooting more than anything else.  That happens, as evidenced by last night's 0-4 against Brooklyn.

it is...its the reason why we lost in playoffs last year...and the year before that....

#22 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

now theres a scoring and theres the stat padding... there are several guys on spurs (and many others around the league) that could feature 27ppg with their team winning zilch...

You're right the 4th best record in the league is zilch, it must be just a coincidence that even with 2 starters missing months at a time, bev forgetting how to play offense and incorporating 3 guys who's previous teams gave up on in Smith Ariza and brewer that they are a 3 seed.  

There are 0 guys on the spurs that could average 27ppg this year, the big three can't play enough minutes and leonard hasn't been very good.

#23 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 144 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

You're right the 4th best record in the league is zilch, it must be just a coincidence that even with 2 starters missing months at a time, bev forgetting how to play offense and incorporating 3 guys who's previous teams gave up on in Smith Ariza and brewer that they are a 3 seed.
        There are 0 guys on the spurs that could average 27ppg this year, the big three can't play enough minutes and leonard hasn't been very good.

Yeah I was very confused by KGAs comment. Kings Gambit is a chess move i wonder if these comments are trying to play us like pawns! If Harden leads the league in scoring this year I wonder if it will be on the least amount of shots since the shot clock? Must be close!

Edited by clydesmoustache, 01 March 2015 - 09:31 AM.

#24 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPip
        • 1,865 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

thnx for an interestin read

btw Is this really so?
          was this due to sprained ankle or due to other reasons ...he had a lot of games not scoring much without his ankle being sprained...

OK so this is good, somebody questioning James Harden. I assume a long term fan that has absolutely serious concerns. We REALLY should debate. Maybe the Rockets should go 76ers or Lakers route and blow up the roster and start all over since Harden apparently is not getting it done for us.................

#25 Willk

Willk

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 311 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

it is...its the reason why we lost in playoffs last year...and the year before that....

KGA - who is your favorite player in the NBA?

#26 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
            • 4,130 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

I am not okay with that... give all  arizas and smiths 3pts attempts to posting up dmo... we would be so much more better off....

And when opponents pack the paint because they know they don't have to defend the 3 point line what happens?

Look, I'm not going to call you a troll (apparently that's frowned upon, but I'm from a generation where I think it shouldn't be).  So I'll just say it seems like a lot of your comments come from "under the bridge" and you can take that however you like.

Strolling into this forum and presuming you have superior knowledge and understanding of not only the Rockets, but basketball in general, while using nothing but your own biased authority to support your claims won't fly for long.  So, enjoy it while you can.

If you want to learn about basketball, this can be a good place to do so.  If you want to repetitively spout your blatant lack of understanding like a broken record I'm not sure how long things will last.

It seems you are from Sarajevo--does that influence your love for D-Mo?  Lithuania is but a short distance from you.  Perhaps you discovered him while he was playing in nearby Italy or Poland?  Either way, there are better places to voice your over-appreciation for Donatas.  Here is his facebook page.  

Here, we are focused on the Rockets, as a team, and individual achievement is only relevant as it pertains to team success.  Recycling other internet forum hive-mind tropes here impresses no one and does not contribute much to the conversation.  We've heard it all and our Rabid-Jeremy-Lin-Fan Callous still hasn't worn off.

In short, you are welcome to stay and discuss Rockets basketball with us as much as you like.  That being said, please get with the program or move on to places better suited to your desire to poop on everything Rocket-related that isn't D-Mo.  You might try this place: LINK

#27 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 170 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

I am not okay with that... give all  arizas and smiths 3pts attempts to posting up dmo... we would be so much more better off....

See there's this stat that ESPN kicks out every time the Rockets (or Warriors or Portland or any prolific 3 point shooting team plays): Shooting 33% from 3 equates to the same scoring values as shooting 50% from 2. Seeing how J Smoove is shooting 38% from 3 the last month and Ariza shooting 40% from 3, that would almost equate them to shooting 60% from 2. I think any coach in the league would take that. See basketball is all about spacing - with that type of shooting from the outside, it allows D-Mo the room to operated and score efficiently from the paint and prevents collapsing double teams or cheating defenses from opposing teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users