Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  majik19 : (13 October 2015 - 09:09 PM) Apparently we claimed Arsalan Kazemi off waivers from the Hawks today... yet another undersized (6'7") power forward for Morey's cupboard.
@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK

Photo

Epilogue: The Houston Rockets' Chandler Parsons decision

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

@Cooper
    I would go 13.5 per on Bledsoe. he does worry me on the injury front, but there is no denying his talent. he is star level. not one of the high tier stars, but capable of being the third best player on a championship team

The Rockets don't have the Cap Space to make an offer for Bledsoe, and even if they did, I couldn't imagine Phoenix would let him walk over a difference of $1.5 million per year.

However, the Rockets with that TPE could open trade talks with Phoenix, if I'm reading things correctly. Not sure how open Phoenix would be to a trade, but it doesn't hurt to make a call or two, right?

#22 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,125 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:23 AM

@rocketrick

I know we would have to hope for sign and trade, but it would still be up to us to work the contract with him if Phoenix is willing. however I believe they will let one go between Bledsoe and Dragic. I would take either

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#23 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,636 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

If one is getting traded, my bet is dragic, as he's basically on an expiring contract and with the suns stocking up on PGs, I don't they're going to be willing to offer him his big pay day.

#24 SouthAustinDTH

SouthAustinDTH

• Members
      • Pip
      • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Are comments subject to moderation before post?

#25 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
        • 4,137 posts
        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Are comments subject to moderation before post?

Why do you ask?  Plan on posting something naughty?  <_<

#26 SouthAustinDTH

SouthAustinDTH

• Members
        • Pip
        • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

No, I typed a like a 6 sentence post and it didn't post when I hit comment. Don't feel like retyping it all.

#27 SouthAustinDTH

SouthAustinDTH

• Members
          • Pip
          • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Essentially though, I was just saying if Dragic or Bledsoe are available, Rox should jump at either. Focus less on big splash and get a floor general and bulldogs. They are at the perfect crossroads to embrace the perfect blend of Miami and SA success . . . stars on board and talent that needs refinement in the wings.

#28 SouthAustinDTH

SouthAustinDTH

• Members
            • Pip
            • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

CP25 was likely my favorite player on the roster, not because he was the largest impact, but because of his optimism surrounding team outlook and his willingness to be a voice. To me he was in that Battier vein, that way; but not an asset in the sense that he should have ever prevented the GM from feeling free to shed an overbid offer sheet.

#29 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 356 posts
              • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Essentially though, I was just saying if Dragic or Bledsoe are available, Rox should jump at either. Focus less on big splash and get a floor general and bulldogs. They are at the perfect crossroads to embrace the perfect blend of Miami and SA success . . . stars on board and talent that needs refinement in the wings.

I wouldn't go as far as to say either of them are "floor generals". I am wary to pick Dragic back up (though I LOVE him as a player) as he strikes me more as a score first player. To be honest, I haven't seen much of Bledsoe in action other than games against the Rockets but when someone references a floor general, I tend to think of a leader/player coach rather than a good/great basketball player.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#30 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,125 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

@slick shoes

I see both as floor generals, but in different ways. they can both easily control a teams offense tempo. while Dragic is more the shooter/scorer, Bledsoe penetrating ability keeps the defense continually out of position. if the job of the PG is to get the team good shots.......either will do quite nicely

Edited by rockets best fan, 18 July 2014 - 05:08 PM.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#31 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 356 posts
              • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

@slick shoes

I see both as floor generals, but in different ways. they can both easily control a teams offense tempo. while Dragic is more the shooter/scorer, Bledsoe penetrating ability keeps the defense continually out of position. if the job of the PG is to get the team good shots.......either will do quite nicely

I don't disagree, I just don't that playing the point well and being a floor general are mutually inclusive.

#32 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,125 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

@slick shoes

on that point I agree. it's possible to be a good floor general without being that good of a player and vise versa, however IMO these two players fill both roles

#33 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,137 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

Dragic would be a good trade (depending on the price) in my opinion because he is a great shooter who can play alongside Harden without being rendered useless when he has the ball.  He is a good facilitator as well when that is his role (it's just that he is usually the best scorer on the floor so he shoots a lot).

Assuming the Rockets viewed him as a "third star" (not implying they do) then trading for him now would be smart because his contract is up after this season and we will have his bird rights.  He will want a big payday, but we can do that.  Dragic, Harden, Ariza, Jones/D-Mo, and Howard is a good starting 5.

Again, it's about the cost.  What does Phoenix want?  After losing Frye I'd say D-Mo goes.  Maybe Beverley?  How much is too much?

#34 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 356 posts
              • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Dragic would be a good trade (depending on the price) in my opinion because he is a great shooter who can play alongside Harden without being rendered useless when he has the ball.  He is a good facilitator as well when that is his role (it's just that he is usually the best scorer on the floor so he shoots a lot).

Assuming the Rockets viewed him as a "third star" (not implying they do) then trading for him now would be smart because his contract is up after this season and we will have his bird rights.  He will want a big payday, but we can do that.  Dragic, Harden, Ariza, Jones/D-Mo, and Howard is a good starting 5.

Again, it's about the cost.  What does Phoenix want?  After losing Frye I'd say D-Mo goes.  Maybe Beverley?  How much is too much?

They're already loaded at the 1. Why would they want Bev in return?

#35 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,125 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

@JG

if the price for Dragic goes beyond the Pellies pick and our trade exemption and maybe N-Johnson or Capala I would be hard pressed to not consider it and overpay. remember Dragic only has 1 year left then he's an UFA. while I believe the Rockets can resign him, if they don't we will have loss our assets for a 1 year rental

#36 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
              • 4,137 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:32 PM

Guys, I know.  I know.  it's all a big IF...if the Rockets see him as a third star--not just an asset to pick up--and are looking to give him star money.  He will stay no problem for a max contract.

Phoenix may want him as a proven PG to back up Thomas/Bledsoe (who will likely start together)...after shipping out Dragic they have no one with experience.

#37 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 4,125 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

@JG

I think there is little doubt Dragic is a star. it's just the risk factor

#38 vonsteve

vonsteve

Rookie

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

Terrence Jones is practically a Josh Smith caliber player.  That's right.  I said it.  He's built the same, possesses similar athleticism and has a good handle like he does.  In fact, if you just looked at their stats you would think Jones was already the superior player (bettter shooting %'s and more rebounds).  I understand that their roles are very different and the quality of their teammates as well.  Jones just needs more experience ingraining proper NBA defensive fundamentals and we will be sitting on a stud two-way role player.  As an optimist, I believe he will figure it out.  I may be proven wrong, but he has shown continued improvement and doesn't it feel like he is right there?

I like TJones (and DMo) and hope they both keep progressing. But I can't get the image of Aldridge destroying TJones out of my head. That's where the comparison with Josh Smith gets a little iffy. Do you think either Jones or DMo could ever progress to the point of being able to defend him (or players like him)? Because, I have a tough time imagining that.

#39 slick shoes

slick shoes

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 356 posts
                • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

I like TJones (and DMo) and hope they both keep progressing. But I can't get the image of Aldridge destroying TJones out of my head. That's where the comparison with Josh Smith gets a little iffy. Do you think either Jones or DMo could ever progress to the point of being able to defend him (or players like him)? Because, I have a tough time imagining that.

While LMA did make T-Jones look amateur (and I will never understand why D-Mo saw ZERO minutes against him the entire series), I think it is a bit unfair to judge his ability against one of the best PF in the league. LMA was also having two career nights when his team needed them. As it's been stated, he is still quite young and I don't think were close to the ceiling quite yet.

#40 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 170 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:08 PM

While LMA did make T-Jones look amateur (and I will never understand why D-Mo saw ZERO minutes against him the entire series), I think it is a bit unfair to judge his ability against one of the best PF in the league. LMA was also having two career nights when his team needed them. As it's been stated, he is still quite young and I don't think were close to the ceiling quite yet.

Agreed. I've always like Jones and think he can improve. However, Rahat in many posts and podcasts expressed the same concern vonsteve just mentioned about Jones' ability (or lack there of) to defend the post. LMA is a top flight player but Rahat had broken down that Jones has trouble defending average PFs on the block. That's where I have a hard time seeing the Josh Smith comparison too. He often looks lost on D in the low post and gambles at times where he didn't need to. I think with the right coaching and practice he can come around. But those memories against LMA does burn in my mind just as vonsteve mentioned...ok enough talk about that because I really like Jones a lot...

Edited by YaoMan, 18 July 2014 - 07:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users