Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (21 June 2017 - 04:28 PM) Morey is locked in for four more years. Glad to have some stability at the helm after everything we've seen the last couple of weeks.
@  slick shoes : (16 June 2017 - 04:31 PM) It's a shame we don't have a first rounder this year. I did notice that the W's and the Cavs have 0 picks this year (not that they need them).
@  thejohnnygold : (16 June 2017 - 03:57 PM) Whoever picks him is going to be a happy camper
@  slick shoes : (16 June 2017 - 02:00 PM) De'Aaron Fox giving Bev a shout at the end of this piece
http://www.espn.com/...var-ball-chorus
@  slick shoes : (22 May 2017 - 05:25 PM) I can't decide if I want them to draft Ball or not.
@  thejohnnygold : (21 May 2017 - 02:50 PM) Don't worry...they'll find a way to screw it up.
@  slick shoes : (17 May 2017 - 03:52 PM) Is anyone else annoyed that the league reached out and helped the Lakers secure a top 3 pick to keep them from long term ruin?
@  Mario Peña : (13 May 2017 - 11:56 AM) It would appear James will take games off next year which is probably a good thing. Perhaps we will see some evolution from emphasis on regular season to being playoff ready both from a physical as well as a strategy standpoint.
@  rocketrick : (12 May 2017 - 05:26 AM) I personally will be rooting for the Spurs in their next matchup with Golden State in the Western Conference Finals
@  rocketrick : (12 May 2017 - 05:26 AM) Congratulations to the Spurs and Coach Pop. They completely destroyed the Rockets last night (understatement of the year)
@  DenverRocket : (12 May 2017 - 02:55 AM) Very disappointing end to an otherwise great season.
@  DenverRocket : (12 May 2017 - 01:10 AM) Stunningly bad. Out played, out coached and no one is stepping up :-(
@  slick shoes : (12 May 2017 - 01:07 AM) Well, it can't get any worse right?
@  slick shoes : (12 May 2017 - 12:35 AM) It's like Dekker has been waiting to play or something.
@  08huangj : (11 May 2017 - 12:08 PM) It is utterly baffling to me why MDA is not utilizing Dekker and Harrell. These two were integral to our dominant regular season bench!
@  DenverRocket : (10 May 2017 - 03:18 AM) Everything the TNT analysts said, I was screaming during OT. MDA blamed it on fatigue - no kidding sherlock, when you only use a 7 player rotation!
@  DenverRocket : (10 May 2017 - 03:17 AM) Sorely disappointed with that. Huge missed opportunity. I thought McHale was coaching again in overtime!
@  slick shoes : (10 May 2017 - 03:02 AM) No offensive scheme in overtime. No Parker, and no Leonard through all of overtime and you STILL can't close it out?!
@  thejohnnygold : (10 May 2017 - 02:57 AM) So much profanity in my home tonight...
@  Mario Peña : (08 May 2017 - 06:57 PM) Right Johnnygold! That was a good game!

Photo

The Stats Say: Jeremy Lin has been playing like he might be worth a $15 million salary

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#141 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

Honestly it depends wether we are winning or not.

#142 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,858 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

No let's seriously discuss this. How much do you think Beverley will get re-signed for? I think it will be around $6m per year. You should be comparing Beverley's next contact to Lin's, not his rookie contact.

I am not even sure Bev gets re-signed.  I'm not even sure why this is being asked since my comparison was between Beverley and George Hill--not Lin.  The whole thing revolved around (what I thought at the time) was a trade of Bev for Hill (It seems RudyT was talking Lin for Hill, but that's another story).  This made no sense to me as they perform similar functions and one is currently priced much cheaper.  You can hate that all you want, but Morey seems to find it very important.  Signing guys like Dwight and Harden make it very important.  We will not be moving forward with both Lin and Beverley unless they are willing to take discounts and sign under their market value--anyone who thinks otherwise is not seeing the big picture here.

#143 Cooper

Cooper

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,318 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I could see both Lin and Beverly not being retained.

#144 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

I am not even sure Bev gets re-signed.  I'm not even sure why this is being asked since my comparison was between Beverley and George Hill--not Lin.  The whole thing revolved around (what I thought at the time) was a trade of Bev for Hill (It seems RudyT was talking Lin for Hill, but that's another story).  This made no sense to me as they perform similar functions and one is currently priced much cheaper.  You can hate that all you want, but Morey seems to find it very important.  Signing guys like Dwight and Harden make it very important.  We will not be moving forward with both Lin and Beverley unless they are willing to take discounts and sign under their market value--anyone who thinks otherwise is not seeing the big picture here.

Rookie contracts don't last forever, just don't forget to account for that fact in your big picture. If I had the choice between retaining Beverley for $6m or Lin for $8 I would choose Lin in a heart beat, not because I'm bias I have no reason to be, but because Lin is a much better player and the better fit for us with his ability to play 2 positions. Beverley would be much easier to replace at a low cost.

#145 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,858 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Rookie contracts don't last forever, just don't forget to account for that fact in your big picture. If I had the choice between retaining Beverley for $6m or Lin for $8 I would choose Lin in a heart beat, not because I'm bias I have no reason to be, but because Lin is a much better player and the better fit for us with his ability to play 2 positions. Beverley would be much easier to replace at a low cost.

Thanks.  I didn't then and I seldom do.  Much like reminding people of small sample sizes I didn't think I needed to go over this aspect of the idea since it seems like common sense.  As to which I would choose--I'm in a wait and see mode.  There is a long time between now and when that decision gets made plus the chance that one of them winds up in a trade.  Given how our roster is shaping up, I feel like we will most likely be making a trade next Summer or at next year's trade deadline so that we can make room to re-sign the guys we need to re-sign....sadly, we have too many good players and I don't see how we can keep them all. 

#146 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,216 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

If we're winning championships then Leslie will pay the taxes, I don't see Beverley leaving via FA.

#147 vonsteve

vonsteve

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 57 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

There's a point when you have to stop moving around players and start letting the players you have gel together over the long term. I'm not saying we should stop looking at ways to improve, but stability matters too.

#148 RudyT1995

RudyT1995

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 228 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

(It seems RudyT was talking Lin for Hill, but that's another story). 

Lol.  I think this is my third time trying to clarify this.

I never proposed a Lin for Hill trade.  I started by saying that we should not trade Lin.

George Hill's name only came up later as an example of the type of PG who had the size, length, and game that, in my opinion, would complement Harden best.  But I never proposed acquiring the actual George Hill.   I never proposed a trade involving anyone on our roster for Hill.  

I normally don't go this far out of my way to explain myself, but I felt that I needed to do it one more time given what JG wrote above.  

Edited by RudyT1995, 29 November 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#149 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
          • 4,858 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

Ha, I guess I really was way off.  Sorry.  I read too many posts at once and tried to respond without re-reading.  I just went and re-read them...it's tricky and at times it seems implied, but you're right.  You never expressly said that so my apologies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users