Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  rocketrick : (26 December 2013 - 04:51 AM) Once the injuries subside, McHale and the Rockets can establish a set rotation and the consistency should become more prevalent
@  RollingWave : (26 December 2013 - 04:32 AM) For tonight at least, Jeremy must dominate Parker ;)
@  RollingWave : (26 December 2013 - 04:32 AM) If they can ever find a consistent groove in this range they'd be right there with any team in the playoffs
@  Opasido : (26 December 2013 - 04:16 AM) Defense was great tonight
@  miketheodio : (26 December 2013 - 03:40 AM) lin's really good at finding open shooters. maybe that's why 3s went down while he was out.
@  thenit : (26 December 2013 - 03:33 AM) spurs
@  thenit : (26 December 2013 - 03:33 AM) Our two best games has been against the sours
@  feelingsuper... : (26 December 2013 - 03:29 AM) Lin was great, Dwight did his thing and Harden took over. Go Rockets!
@  2016Champions : (26 December 2013 - 03:28 AM) I'm going to re-watch this game, Merry Christmas Rockets fans!
@  miketheodio : (26 December 2013 - 03:27 AM) this is why we missed lin
@  Chai : (26 December 2013 - 03:24 AM) Im curious what our stats are against playoff teams vs. non-playoff teams
@  2016Champions : (26 December 2013 - 03:21 AM) Hate on him when he deserves it, but he deserves nothing but love tonight
@  Chai : (26 December 2013 - 03:21 AM) Just posted the same in the forums actually haha. That last play sending Harden to the line was awesome.
@  2016Champions : (26 December 2013 - 03:21 AM) Dominated Parker all game
@  2016Champions : (26 December 2013 - 03:20 AM) Jeremy Lin is a monsterrrr
@  thenit : (26 December 2013 - 03:20 AM) day and night on lins defence compared to last game
@  thenit : (26 December 2013 - 03:19 AM) Big 4th by harden
@  CanSayNOTC : (26 December 2013 - 03:13 AM) Love the no calls, let them play!
@  miketheodio : (26 December 2013 - 02:15 AM) joke btw, anyways i hope they keep the heat up in the second half.
@  miketheodio : (25 December 2013 - 09:27 PM) i hate chandler parsons. he's model pretty, plays basketball well, and shaves his head to bond with a cancer patient. who can compete with that?

Photo

ATTENTION: today was lost

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

As you may know, the recent increase in traffic necessitated another server upgrade.  Pursuant to that, I had to migrate Red94 today.  In the course of that migration, much of today's activity in the forum was lost.  I deeply apologize for that as it slipped my mind that this would occur.  In retrospect, I should have shut down the board prior to beginning the migration.  

#2 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 956 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:09 AM

Its cool.

#3 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,106 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

Probably a blessing in disguise for me, I created a crazy thread/write-up about how Harden can play PF against certain teams/players.

Edited by 2016Champions, 16 August 2013 - 06:21 AM.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#4 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,781 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

Probably a blessing in disguise for me, I created a crazy thread/write-up about how Harden can play PF against certain teams/players.

Trolling....?  B)

Why so Serious? :D

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,781 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

As you may know, the recent increase in traffic necessitated another server upgrade.  Pursuant to that, I had to migrate Red94 today.  In the course of that migration, much of today's activity in the forum was lost.  I deeply apologize for that as it slipped my mind that this would occur.  In retrospect, I should have shut down the board prior to beginning the migration.  

What about messages. I sent you my email address and sent a few others messages as well.

#6 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,106 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

Trolling....? B)

nope, I honestly believe it's smart to have harden guard guys like low skill guys like Ibaka, Haslem, and Battier. There were a lot of questionable selections on my list though, for example Faried.

Edited by 2016Champions, 16 August 2013 - 11:53 AM.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#7 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,781 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:58 PM

Maybe Battier and Haslem, but Ibaka can shoot over Harden and has improved his post game.

#8 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,106 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

Maybe Battier and Haslem, but Ibaka can shoot over Harden and has improved his post game.

I would agree if I didn't watch the playoffs, Ibaka averaged 13ppg with Harden as his primary defender..

Edited by 2016Champions, 16 August 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#9 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,781 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

I would agree if I didn't watch the playoffs.

True. He's still got a long way to go, but their entire offense changed without Westbrook. He is their MVP(IMO). He is their engine. They looked lost without him.

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,106 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

True. He's still got a long way to go, but their entire offense changed without Westbrook. He is their MVP(IMO). He is their engine. They looked lost without him.

So Harden can only guard Ibaka when Westbrook doesn't play??

#11 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,781 posts
      • LocationAlabama

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

So Harden can only guard Ibaka when Westbrook doesn't play??

Lol. I'm just saying it's hard for less talented bigs to get the ball in the right position without an experienced PG. I think you're underestimating Ibaka. I don't think he's great on offense, but you're mistaken if you think Harden can guard him for extended minutes.

#12 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,106 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Lol. I'm just saying it's hard for less talented bigs to get the ball in the right position without an experienced PG. I think you're underestimating Ibaka. I don't think he's great on offense, but you're mistaken if you think Harden can guard him for extended minutes.

I understand, what we saw could have been a fluke. Westbrook isn't exactly a great inside passer, he's more of a drive and kick guy, but he might be able to get the ball to Ibaka better than Durant did.

#13 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,106 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

I understand, what we saw could have been a fluke. Westbrook isn't exactly a great inside passer, he's more of a drive and kick guy, but he might be able to get the ball to Ibaka better than Durant did.

For what it's worth, Harden is very strong and Ibaka isn't exactly the bruiser type so Westbrook isn't going to change these facts, and Harden's standing each is similar to many forwards.

#14 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 956 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:25 PM

nope, I honestly believe it's smart to have harden guard guys like low skill guys like Ibaka, Haslem, and Battier. There were a lot of questionable selections on my list though, for example Faried.

Harden is a horrible defensive player.

#15 txtdo1411

txtdo1411

• Members
        • Pip
        • 22 posts
        • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

I honestly think Harden is a better defender than most think. I watched a lot of OKC games before Harden was traded, and he was pretty solid. Not great, but much better than he was last season. Last season he also would have brief... very brief stretches of good defensive play. I think it boils downt to effort. He was asked to do a lot on offense, and I think that translated to lack of effort on defense. Hopefully with less offensive burden on him this year, he will pick up the effort a little on defense. Now if he continues to get blown by time and time again next season, than it is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed pronto.

#16 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 956 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

I honestly think Harden is a better defender than most think. I watched a lot of OKC games before Harden was traded, and he was pretty solid. Not great, but much better than he was last season. Last season he also would have brief... very brief stretches of good defensive play. I think it boils downt to effort. He was asked to do a lot on offense, and I think that translated to lack of effort on defense. Hopefully with less offensive burden on him this year, he will pick up the effort a little on defense. Now if he continues to get blown by time and time again next season, than it is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed pronto.

Statistically harden is far better than people like kobe and nash, but even Lin is a much better defender than him. However I hope he can be at least average this season due to the fact he should have some energy for the defensive end.

#17 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

I have a copy of that topic, I can PM it to you if you'd like.

#18 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 3,106 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

I have a copy of that topic, I can PM it to you if you'd like.

That would be great, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users