Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Peña : (10 October 2015 - 01:12 PM) If your part if the Red94 Fantasy Basketball League check the thread to vote for the date and time for the draft event. Thanks y'all!
@  jorgeaam : (07 October 2015 - 08:47 PM) Guys we need 1 more owner for the Red94 fantasy league, if interested please comment on the post in the fantasy basketball thread
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 06:50 PM) Kobe ranked one spot higher than Ariza? Is this based on legacy or...??
@  slick shoes : (07 October 2015 - 04:13 PM) It was hard to keep up with both the Astros and Rockets at the same time. Should be interesting on Thursday with the Texans and Astros on simultaneously.
@  Mario Peña : (07 October 2015 - 04:09 PM) It was fun to have the Rockets on last night! Right now I'm watching the Celtics versus Milan and Alessandro Gentile is impressive.
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Well, thinking twice about it, I'd rather have him score less and have the team as a whole do better. Lawson should take a lot of his load off
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 07:47 PM) Loving that, hope he hits 30 PPG this year
@  thejohnnygold : (06 October 2015 - 06:15 PM) Someone is feeling confident :) : LINK
@  jorgeaam : (06 October 2015 - 05:54 PM) 10 Teams done, will need 2 more
@  Mario Peña : (06 October 2015 - 02:35 PM) Alright guys, if anyone is interested in joining the Red94 fantasy basketball league we could use one more player to get us to 10 teams (or three to get us to 12 teams). Just check the thread in the Fantasy Basketball forum. Thanks!
@  thejohnnygold : (05 October 2015 - 06:23 PM) I use leaguepass here in Austin with no problems...
@  skip 2 my lou : (05 October 2015 - 03:14 PM) Hey fellas, I'm a rocket fan but I live in the heart of Dallas. Does anybody know if I buy NBA Leaguepass if it's too close to be subject to blackouts?
@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.

Photo

Grading James Harden

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#101 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

@thenit

they are using different players to discuss it, but make no mistake they are debating the more effective stat. as for harden I have already left my opinion. the only reason I intervened was as a peace maker....not to pour more gas on it. :huh:

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#102 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,128 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:51 PM

It's all good.  I laughed at myself for coming back one more time :lol:

I can be stubbornly persistent to my own detriment (as if that's gone unnoticed ;) ) .

To me, there is a difference between shooting and scoring.  To make a positive point, Harden is a great, great scorer.  Like Kobe, he has a knack for making high difficulty shots--especially in traffic.  I think he will absolutely improve next year--maybe not in overall scoring, but in overall effectiveness and efficiency.  I imagine we'll see a couple less shots per game but also a bump in his assists.  That sounds great to me.

And this time...

Ice-cream-KVK-4.gif

#103 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,124 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

It's all good.  I laughed at myself for coming back one more time :lol:

I can be stubbornly persistent to my own detriment (as if that's gone unnoticed ;) ) .

To me, there is a difference between shooting and scoring.  To make a positive point, Harden is a great, great scorer.  Like Kobe, he has a knack for making high difficulty shots--especially in traffic.  I think he will absolutely improve next year--maybe not in overall scoring, but in overall effectiveness and efficiency.  I imagine we'll see a couple less shots per game but also a bump in his assists.  That sounds great to me.

And this time...

Ice-cream-KVK-4.gif

nah......you persistent :lol: say it ain't so :lol: I'm glad you can take a step back and see how funny that was. (IMO) only a big man can laugh at himself. and I don't mean around the waist line :lol:  

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#104 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Oh is that what you think I missed? That there's a difference between shooting and scoring? I didn't miss that, I agree there's a difference, I just don't agree that the difference matters much when we're talking about Harden's shooting efficiency being a concern (remember, this all started because you brought up Harden's shot chart and labelled it the biggest concern in Harden's game). 

Anyway, we didn't agree on everything but that's okay, it was a good discussion and we had some good laughs. I love your use of pictures to lighten up the mood, I gotta try that more often. Here's something always makes me laugh:

#105 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Oh is that what you think I missed? That there's a difference between shooting and scoring? I didn't miss that, I agree there's a difference, I just don't agree that that difference matters when we're talking about Harden's shooting efficiency being a concern.

Anyway, we didn't agree on everything but that's okay, it was a good discussion and we had some good laughs. I love your use of pictures to lighten up the mood :)

Scoring is better.

#106 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,596 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Look at Parker's midrange jump shot and see how his drives and his ability to stop on a dime opens up wide open 3s for his teammates. Since Harden is our point guard he needs to have the ability to do this. It's almost becoming a prerequisite.

Why so Serious? :D

#107 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,128 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

Oh is that what you think I missed? That there's a difference between shooting and scoring? I didn't miss that, I agree there's a difference, I just don't agree that the difference matters much when we're talking about Harden's shooting efficiency being a concern (remember, this all started because you brought up Harden's shot chart and labelled it the biggest concern in Harden's game). 

Anyway, we didn't agree on everything but that's okay, it was a good discussion and we had some good laughs. I love your use of pictures to lighten up the mood, I gotta try that more often. Here's something always makes me laugh:

333bfd0.gif

#108 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,216 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

tumblr_mhx5ehOUnF1s37dv8o1_250.gif

#109 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,124 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

2016/JG

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#110 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,128 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

tumblr_mazalfmGYl1roxf22.gif

#111 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,008 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

tumblr_mazalfmGYl1roxf22.gif

We hope not.

#112 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,124 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

We hope not.

agreed .......that would take the fun out of it wouldn't it? :lol:

#113 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,128 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Nonsense...this just means it's somebody else's turn.... :rolleyes:

#114 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,124 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Nonsense...this just means it's somebody else's turn.... :rolleyes:

JG you might be right......because they just piss me off in the j-lin thread :lol:

#115 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 4,128 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ha, I just saw that.  It's easy to do.  We are all discussing a topic we are passionate about--it's hard to keep the emotions separate sometimes.

This place would be real boring if we all agreed with each other all the time.  It's a tight-rope walk to create a space designed for debate and discussion that can remain respectful and civil.  I am grateful that we all work together to strive towards that.  It's worth it.

A lot of times, I feel like I'm arguing with this person......

tumblr_m8prps4x6b1qh01r8o1_500.gif

It's from the movie, Idiocracy.  If anyone hasn't seen it I highly recommend it.  Hilarious.

#116 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,124 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

@ thejohnnygold

this is so crazy sometimes isn't it :rolleyes: I agree with you on the above. however I also agree it would be boring if we all thought alike. believe it or not the lively debate here has changed my view on some subjects....even one's where I was  strongly against that view in the beginning. I read some other sites from time to time and agree this forum is a cut above the average in both the posters knowledge of basketball and the ability to discuss these topics without the name calling trash degrading crap that happens in other forums. for that lets be thankful :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users