Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Losthief : (02 October 2015 - 02:24 AM) tks jg
@  thejohnnygold : (29 September 2015 - 05:16 AM) FYI, it was media day today. Interviews are up at NBA.com
@  slick shoes : (23 September 2015 - 06:37 PM) kind of late in the day but NBATV is broadcasting classis Rockets games all day today.
@  SadLakerFan : (16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM) Man, as a Laker fan, I'm learning how little you care about the off season when your team sucks. Anyway, a quick moment to remember Moses. Still remember watching the 81 team as a kid - losing record, NBA Finals. I would have cried w/joy if they could have beaten the Celtics.
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) http://bleacherrepor...ist-after-crash
@  jorgeaam : (15 September 2015 - 08:30 PM) So to celebrate his new contract, Montrezl Harrell saved someone's life on monday
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2015 - 04:36 PM) A good article from Blinebury talking about when Hakeem and Moses used to play in the park. LINK
@  rockets best... : (14 September 2015 - 02:29 AM) I agree totally. I got to watch his Rocket days and the man was a hell of a player. BIG MO R.I.P.
@  Mario Peña : (13 September 2015 - 05:24 PM) Sad to see Moses pass. I don't remember watching him as a Rocket but I do remember his Philly and Hawks teams. He was the perfect man to mentor Dream. It's a very sad day for his family and friends and there are many.
@  majik19 : (12 September 2015 - 09:01 PM) i just saw a post wishing Yao Ming a happy 35th birthday... am I the only one whose mind is blown that he's only 35?
@  cointurtlemoose : (08 September 2015 - 01:17 AM) aaaah, thanks jorge
@  jorgeaam : (08 September 2015 - 12:21 AM) Love it how Hinkie and Morey always target the same players, but hoping he isn't another Covington
@  thejohnnygold : (08 September 2015 - 12:03 AM) Christian Wood has signed with Philly
@  jorgeaam : (07 September 2015 - 10:32 PM) If I'm not wrong, he hasn't been waived yet, they have until october 4th to do that
@  cointurtlemoose : (07 September 2015 - 05:39 PM) Anyone else surprised that Kostas hasn't gotten picked up by anyone yet? I wanna see that guy play somewhere
@  redfaithful : (05 September 2015 - 10:48 PM) Llull line from today loss to Serbia: 30MIN 1-10PG, 0-5 3PG, 4-4FT 6AST, 1TO, 4REB, +/- -11
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:27 AM) this dude's gun fired and all he got a misdemeanor at bush lol: http://abc13.com/new...ush-iah/815795/
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:26 AM) theres more articles all over, but the jist is houston (and texas) doesn't really arrest for it, they just recommend you leave it in your car when they catch it. So seems dwight got lucky he was in texas and not cali or the NE.
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:22 AM) honestly we should just be glad they caught it...
@  Losthief : (03 September 2015 - 02:21 AM) response: http://nymag.com/dai...n_airplane.html

Photo

The Worship at the alter of McHale thread

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#141 Richards

Richards

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Now pressure is on McHale. He just said Rockets can compete with anybody after Howard trade. Well, I hope he is right.

At least, we must change the style to fit with Howard. D'Antoni played fast pace like Rockets, will Rockets slow down and play through Howard?

Will "Coach Killer" have a love-fest relationship with McHale? Only time will tell. Can't wait!

#142 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,122 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Now pressure is on McHale. He just said Rockets can compete with anybody after Howard trade. Well, I hope he is right.

At least, we must change the style to fit with Howard. D'Antoni played fast pace like Rockets, will Rockets slow down and play through Howard?

Will "Coach Killer" have a love-fest relationship with McHale? Only time will tell. Can't wait!

what were you expecting him to say? we're going to get our arse kicked? if he said anything less I would be upset with him. if the coach doesn't believe he can win with the roster at his disposal we need to start searching right now for another coach.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#143 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,596 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

If we don't get to at least the WCF then Mchale needs to be fired. A lot of people said he can "grow" with this team. This team, however is a contender with the addition of Howard. We don't have time for a coach to learn on the fly.

Why so Serious? :D

#144 Richards

Richards

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 393 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

what were you expecting him to say? we're going to get our arse kicked? if he said anything less I would be upset with him. if the coach doesn't believe he can win with the roster at his disposal we need to start searching right now for another coach.

Here is what McHale should say-

Two stars ain't enough.See, Heats has a shining star, fading star, and puffing star. Spurs has bright star, aging star, and disappearing star.

Parsons ain't a start yet (Ask D12 if you don't believe, he asked for a 3rd star)

Lin is just a s_ _ t

Asik? He ain't as good as D12

Bev is a foul machine, oh no, he is just a spark plug

Others? Well Morey kept changing the roster and I didn't have time to test them.

Why so serious? This meant for fun.  :)

Edited by Richards, 10 July 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#145 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,122 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

Here is what McHale should say-

Two stars ain't enough.See, Heats has a shining star, fading star, and puffing star. Spurs has bright star, aging star, and disappearing star.

Parsons ain't a start yet (Ask D12 if you don't believe, he asked for a 3rd star)

Lin is just a s_ _ t

Asik? He ain't as good as D12

Bev is a foul machine, oh no, he is just a spark plug

Others? Well Morey kept changing the roster and I didn't have time to test them.

Why so serious? This meant for fun.  :)

not upset just thought you maybe were expecting to hear something else. I do agree the pressure is on. with the talent at McHale's disposal I agree with TTDN anything less than WCF should be a pink slip

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#146 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 671 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

I've been advocating against McHale here, but I would say it depends on how the season ends and how we play during the regular season.

If we finish top 2 and then lose 2nd round to Spurs or Clippers in seven games, its not the end of it. It will depend on what players it seemed like we were lacking. So handing McHale a pink slip has to be perceived on the eye test and results.

#147 webattorney

webattorney

Rookie

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 50 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Shouldn't it be "altar" rather than "alter"?  I was confused by the title.  :)

#148 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 2,008 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Shouldn't it be "altar" rather than "alter"? I was confused by the title. :)

Lo siento. No hablo inglés.

#149 webattorney

webattorney

Rookie

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 50 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:39 AM

Lo siento. No hablo inglés.

Didn't know you only spoke Spanish. 

#150 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPipPip
              • 2,008 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

Didn't know you only spoke Spanish.

Si. Google translate papa mi inglés.

#151 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPipPip
                • 699 posts
                • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

Don't trust in Google Translator, Steven. Otherwise, you can seem a bit ridiculous sometimes. Some of us hablamos español, hehe.

#152 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPip
                • 1,865 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

I've been advocating against McHale here, but I would say it depends on how the season ends and how we play during the regular season.

If we finish top 2 and then lose 2nd round to Spurs or Clippers in seven games, its not the end of it. It will depend on what players it seemed like we were lacking. So handing McHale a pink slip has to be perceived on the eye test and results.

I concur. Whether the Rockets make it to the WCF this season may have more to do with matchups. I would add the Thunder to the list of teams the Rockets should try to avoid in the 2nd Round. However, I think the Rockets could take down the Clippers.

#153 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,008 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

Don't trust in Google Translator, Steven. Otherwise, you can seem a bit ridiculous sometimes. Some of us hablamos español, hehe.

That or my fingers hit the wrong key on my phone.

#154 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
                    • 2,298 posts
                    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

I concur. Whether the Rockets make it to the WCF this season may have more to do with matchups. I would add the Thunder to the list of teams the Rockets should try to avoid in the 2nd Round. However, I think the Rockets could take down the Clippers.

I agree with both of you that matchups will be crucial but I think McHale and staff could out coach Brooks and our team could be geared to shutting down Westbrook. The Spurs if healthy and rolling are the ones that scare me as I imagine myself sizing up the playoff matchups that are so far off.
                    How sweet it is!

#155 Mason Khamvilay

Mason Khamvilay

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 3,216 posts
                    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:06 AM

We don't have to worry that much about Westbrook penetrating now that we have Dwight, although we still have to worry about Westbrook in transition because he's a one man fast break. Cutting down on turnovers is crucial for the Rockets. 

#156 Steven

Steven

Veteran

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                    • 2,008 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

We don't have to worry that much about Westbrook penetrating now that we have Dwight, although we still have to worry about Westbrook in transition because he's a one man fast break. Cutting down on turnovers is crucial for the Rockets.

Howard will cut down 2 turnovers. The pace will probably cut down another. That's 3 there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users