24 replies to this topic

#1 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Many of you, including Rahat complain about the coverage of the team. I got NBA LP and watch it in HD on my computer and hook it up to the flat screen when I am at home. One flat fee and you can see 90 percent of all of the games in HD. Only one of the games I missed because of the blackout. If they aren't broadcasted on LP it's most likely on NBATV.

No way I can go without NBALP. Worth every penny.

Rahat, why don't you invest? I know it's not your job but as passionate as you are about our guys in Red, why not splurge and watch them all year long?

#2 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 133 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

bboley24, on 22 February 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Many of you, including Rahat complain about the coverage of the team. I got NBA LP and watch it in HD on my computer and hook it up to the flat screen when I am at home. One flat fee and you can see 90 percent of all of the games in HD. Only one of the games I missed because of the blackout. If they aren't broadcasted on LP it's most likely on NBATV.

No way I can go without NBALP. Worth every penny.

Rahat, why don't you invest? I know it's not your job but as passionate as you are about our guys in Red, why not splurge and watch them all year long?

Rahat is a poor law student. Why should he have to invest $300 for something that should be shown free to local houses? I live in the boonies, I have satellite Internet. After 400MB, the internet shuts down slower then dial up. The only basketball I'd watch would be the Rockets, if they ever decided to actually make a deal with DirectTV. At least the Texans are on TV I can watch.

#3 Stephen

Stephen

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 220 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Steven,
        The cable version is $179 before season starts and you get free internet games w/it.
        If your local cable company offers it,get it.
        If you live in Houston the home games would be blacked out,but you can still watch the road games. May I point out that if you just watch 32 games,that's $5 a game? Try going to the movies for that.(And we'll pretend that being able to watch EVERY other NBA game that's not on National TV has no value.)
        And LP on cable re-runs the games several times that night and the next morning.

If your local cable provider doesn't offer LP,yeah,you're pretty effed,and I can see the price issue,but if you can get it,I would strongly recommend doing so.
        And at home or at work,I've had zero issues w/the internet broadcasts that came free w/the cable LP.

#4 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 619 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

hold on guys...........i'm going to take up for joe 6 pack here. the rockets are houston's team why should we have to pay to watch them. I understand if I wanted to see all the games, but local teams should be free. it's bad enough we have to pay for TV in the 1st place(don't get me started ranting on that) I can watch tbs and see every bulls game, but I can;t see the team that plays here. that make sense right? I wish I could just lock these providers in a room until they agree :angry:

#5 PKM

PKM

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 23 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Aren't you incapable of watching Houston games on League Pass if you live in Houston? I haven't been back in the city in nearly 6 years, but I know I can't watch DC games on my LP account. But I do think League Pass is a good deal.

#6 sircharles

sircharles

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 247 posts
          • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

if you are blacked out you can just change your zip code and it will work. or proxy

#7 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 432 posts
          • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I've got to say I find it weird that living in the UK means I have better access to the NBA than many of the rest of you. International League Pass Broadband has no blackout restrictions on anything, the stream quality is usually excellent and there are no adverts for anything (the occasional NBA Cares spot, but that's about it). Admittedly it was pretty expensive (£220), but for the amount of games I watch that actually works out as a reasonable deal.

Kind of draws a parallel to the EPL, actually. If you live somewhere like Thailand, you can get a cable package that plays Premier League games from the previous weekend on loop all week. In the UK, only a few games each weekend are actually shown live. Although admittedly there is a free-to-view (eg. on the BBC) highlights package that covers most of the key events. And there's no regional blackout rules, either.

So yeah, I feel for you guys living in Houston who can't watch your team. Hope it gets sorted out soon!

#8 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 866 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

The reason I didn't do league pass is because during the first two free trials, each of the Rockets games were blacked out. If they could gaurantee me that I'd see every game, id pay. I don't like that Comcast still hasn't made a deal, but if it were my business id do whats right for me too(although I don't think this works out well for them in the long run).
            Have a Twitter? Post your info here and have it added to gain more followers and faster Rockets and Red94 news.
            http://www.red94.net...ic/310-twitter/

#9 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 53 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yeah I paid around $150 for the whole season and playoffs for 5 different teams. I think I picked the bobcats too lol.

This business of "we shouldn't have to pay for the Rockets on TV" is ridiculous. I bleed red and yellow. Before NBA LP I was watching the rockets in chinese on some random bounced signal online just so I could see stevie franchise tank our team.

Seems like a solid investment for a hobby to me. My other hobbies are out of control expensive. This was a no brainer.

#10 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 157 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Since I moved to Alabama for college, I watch all the Rockets game online.

#11 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 53 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Same here. Ive bounced all around the country and the Rockets follow me everywhere. Honestly, if I were 2 miles away from toyota center or 20000 miles away, id always have their games at my disposal. I don't watch much baseball and the Texans/Steelers are fun to watch but without NBA LP, Id be lost without my beloved Rockets.

#12 sircharles

sircharles

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 247 posts
                  • LocationAustin Tx

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

i love being able to watch games after they happen so i can fast forward through all the crap

only games that are ever blacked out are prime time televised games

#13 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 360 posts
                  • LocationAustin

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I just broke down and got it...they have reduced it to $99 and are willing to spread it out over 3-4 months if you want....presuming you already have cable, of course. If I'm not mistaken they have a mosaic feature (haven't tried it yet) that allows you to watch multiple games at once on a split screen. They way I see it, $99 is less than I would spend at my local watering hole over the course of the rest of this season. Next year I will be smart and invest at the beginning of the season. For whatever reason the Rockets get no national NBA attention despite their large market. That should change soon enough....

#14 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                  • 815 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Funny that you say that because after the trade, I was saying to myself today I needed to get it so I could track T-Rob/D-Mo.

The reason I hadn't yet was because I already go to all of the home games and of course, wouldn't get the road games due to being blacked out.

How do I get around the blackout? About to purchase once someone can confirm that for me.

#15 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 133 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

It works fine for everyone that can stream the games. I can't. My Internet will crash. I shouldn't have to move or pay for league pass to watch the local teams. 10 years from now we will still be having this discussion. Just check out how long it has been since Portland could watch the Blazers on local TV.

#16 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 157 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

It sucks, but it is what it is.

#17 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 360 posts
                        • LocationAustin

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Rahat, don't you expense/deduct all of the costs for running this forum? NBA league pass would definitely fall under that umbrella.

#18 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Good job guys! Id say get it cheaper on the computer and plug the computer into the TV if you're really strapped for cash. I could care less about the 4 other teams that are included in the deal. Ive got 12 minutes until the brooklyn game... time to hook it up!

Welcome to the big show! Simply. Enfuego.

#19 bballguy

bballguy

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

It might not work for you guys but firstrowsports.eu always works for me and its free. The quality is usually manageable though the pop-ups are kind of annoying.

#20 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 53 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

I used to use firstrow... got tired of all of that... pony-ed up the 150 and got the rockets on HD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users