Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  DenverRocket : (18 October 2017 - 05:48 AM) And the talking heads on TNT have already decided that CP3 won't work with the Rockets, lol
@  DenverRocket : (18 October 2017 - 05:46 AM) Oh yes! That wiped the smile off their faces! :)
@  redfaithful : (18 October 2017 - 05:37 AM) That was a fun 4th Q!
@  DenverRocket : (17 October 2017 - 06:53 PM) Good read on CP3 and James: http://www.espn.com/...nded-chris-paul God damn it, I'm excited for tonight! :)
@  thejohnnygold : (16 October 2017 - 09:25 PM) Let's see what kind of improvement he's made since last season...that market value might be pretty high.
@  slick shoes : (16 October 2017 - 07:03 PM) Capela will be an RFA at the end of the season. Will be interesting to see what his market value will be.
@  thejohnnygold : (11 October 2017 - 04:12 PM) LAST CALL FOR FANTASY BASKETBALL!!!!
@  slick shoes : (04 October 2017 - 02:04 PM) Doesn't matter. I still won't watch it.
@  rocketrick : (04 October 2017 - 01:18 PM) The NBA once again is ahead of the Curve........... 2017-18 All Star Game won't be East vs West for obvious reasons
@  redfaithful : (23 September 2017 - 10:54 PM) The OKC experiment just got way more interesting...
@  slick shoes : (22 September 2017 - 12:26 AM) I'm on the fence about Melo coming to Houston, but I would much rather have him here than the Blazers. Hoping we can get something worked out there sooner than later.
@  thejohnnygold : (14 September 2017 - 06:12 PM) Thanks. That was good.
@  slick shoes : (14 September 2017 - 03:18 PM) latest podcast with morey.
@  slick shoes : (14 September 2017 - 03:18 PM) http://bleacherrepor...anking-and-more
@  thejohnnygold : (13 September 2017 - 03:07 PM) Hey, everyone who wants to play fantasy basketball needs to go to the forum below and let us know. The draft will be coming up soon.
@  Losthief : (05 September 2017 - 09:29 PM) Tilman Fertitta....I think I am okay with that.
@  Mario Peña : (30 August 2017 - 04:20 AM) I second that. I hope you Red94 guys in Houston are okay.
@  Losthief : (26 August 2017 - 12:06 AM) Hope everyone stays safe and dry!
@  slick shoes : (23 August 2017 - 12:30 PM) Mostly I'm glad that none of them moved to a West team.
@  redfaithful : (23 August 2017 - 11:39 AM) Basketball reasons aside, it would have been very difficult for the Celtics to sign IT next summer with their cap situation, while Kyrie has 2 years left

Photo

Article from Ariza-Players Tribune

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

In case ya'll missed it. Here's Ariza's article on Beard's MVP case and nice note to red nation at the beginning from the playoffs that just helps u realize the players feel it too.

https://www.theplaye...n-nba-mvp-2017/

here's a quote:

Ariza: "To me, James Harden is like basketball’s Picasso — he’s an artist whose work you respect, even if you don’t always understand its significance until later. (Or maybe Van Gogh or some other artist — I’m not an art history buff, but you get my point.) "

also recommend this read which is dion waiters if you have time. Made me think of him differently.

https://www.theplaye...t-nba-is-lucky/

-Losty-

Edited by Losthief, 29 April 2017 - 06:34 PM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#2 Noah

Noah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Logical analysis points toward us upgrading the SF position as a MUST to unlock our full potential. I feel Rahat's pain as well as others whenever Ariza runs a PnR and/or attempts to dribble past his defender. I literally yell at Harden through the TV to go get the damn ball everytime. (I even wonder to myself why he sometimes doesn't attempt to get it back knowing that possession is being wasted). Unfortunately, Ariza's impact and importance on this team is not shown through his basketball skills as it once was. But the underrated aspect Ariza brings is his professionalism and chemistry, which as we witnessed this season, is crucial to team success and we shouldn't take that for granted (2015-2016 season). This article further emphasizes that point, which is why despite Ariza's flaws, you can live with them based on the leadership he brings. The Harden, Ariza, Patbev trio has solid chemistry and have been together for quite some time now too. Going after (long-shot) Gordon Hayward may seem like the best possible chance to improve, but Ariza's going to for sure make it a tough decision. I'm sure we can probably snag up a Gallinari type while keeping Ariza, but then we would have no chance to re-sign Nene. It's going to be an interesting summer for sure depending how our postseason run goes, but best guess says we keep our roster together. A big part of me wants to improve the team to its highest ceiling, and the other part of me can't envision a championship without Ariza. It just wouldn't feel right, especially because he's been through all the ups and downs with us. Tough call, great article.

#3 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

https://www.theplaye...-2017-playoffs/

when you win two games in a row that's called a winning streak.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#4 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

here's eric gorden's one they referenced on the broadcast tonight: https://www.theplaye...rden-sixth-man/

(recruitment story about calling every day etc etc, and more)

Edited by Losthief, 02 May 2017 - 05:33 AM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,946 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

I guess they all had some spare time.  Pretty cool hearing things from their perspective.

#6 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

I guess they all had some spare time.  Pretty cool hearing things from their perspective.

I agree. Nice to get stuff straight from the horse's mouth instead of being regurgitated by a reporter with an objective. 

when you win two games in a row that's called a winning streak.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users