Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  slick shoes : (17 May 2017 - 03:52 PM) Is anyone else annoyed that the league reached out and helped the Lakers secure a top 3 pick to keep them from long term ruin?
@  Mario Peña : (13 May 2017 - 11:56 AM) It would appear James will take games off next year which is probably a good thing. Perhaps we will see some evolution from emphasis on regular season to being playoff ready both from a physical as well as a strategy standpoint.
@  rocketrick : (12 May 2017 - 05:26 AM) I personally will be rooting for the Spurs in their next matchup with Golden State in the Western Conference Finals
@  rocketrick : (12 May 2017 - 05:26 AM) Congratulations to the Spurs and Coach Pop. They completely destroyed the Rockets last night (understatement of the year)
@  DenverRocket : (12 May 2017 - 02:55 AM) Very disappointing end to an otherwise great season.
@  DenverRocket : (12 May 2017 - 01:10 AM) Stunningly bad. Out played, out coached and no one is stepping up :-(
@  slick shoes : (12 May 2017 - 01:07 AM) Well, it can't get any worse right?
@  slick shoes : (12 May 2017 - 12:35 AM) It's like Dekker has been waiting to play or something.
@  08huangj : (11 May 2017 - 12:08 PM) It is utterly baffling to me why MDA is not utilizing Dekker and Harrell. These two were integral to our dominant regular season bench!
@  DenverRocket : (10 May 2017 - 03:18 AM) Everything the TNT analysts said, I was screaming during OT. MDA blamed it on fatigue - no kidding sherlock, when you only use a 7 player rotation!
@  DenverRocket : (10 May 2017 - 03:17 AM) Sorely disappointed with that. Huge missed opportunity. I thought McHale was coaching again in overtime!
@  slick shoes : (10 May 2017 - 03:02 AM) No offensive scheme in overtime. No Parker, and no Leonard through all of overtime and you STILL can't close it out?!
@  thejohnnygold : (10 May 2017 - 02:57 AM) So much profanity in my home tonight...
@  Mario Peña : (08 May 2017 - 06:57 PM) Right Johnnygold! That was a good game!
@  thejohnnygold : (08 May 2017 - 03:41 AM) That's better...
@  08huangj : (06 May 2017 - 03:07 AM) I've noticed that whenever the Toyota Center crowd shout MVP while Harden is shooting free throws, he tends to miss them...
@  slick shoes : (04 May 2017 - 04:08 AM) Well, my previous statement has become null and void. The rest of the Spurs arrived in the series. Parker going down certainly makes things interesting.
@  slick shoes : (03 May 2017 - 09:24 PM) It may also be his lack of scoring options around him at this point. Their offense flows through Kawhi and has seemed a bit one dimensional as of late.
@  Losthief : (03 May 2017 - 08:05 PM) makes u wonder if bzelick (sp?) deduced kawhi's weakness as passing
@  Losthief : (03 May 2017 - 08:05 PM) probably depends on the secondary guys. We were sending everyone at him last game, if the others make plays we might have to adjust. I mean even lebron would have trouble dealing with 3-4 defenders every play.

Photo

Article from Ariza-Players Tribune

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

In case ya'll missed it. Here's Ariza's article on Beard's MVP case and nice note to red nation at the beginning from the playoffs that just helps u realize the players feel it too.

https://www.theplaye...n-nba-mvp-2017/

here's a quote:

Ariza: "To me, James Harden is like basketball’s Picasso — he’s an artist whose work you respect, even if you don’t always understand its significance until later. (Or maybe Van Gogh or some other artist — I’m not an art history buff, but you get my point.) "

also recommend this read which is dion waiters if you have time. Made me think of him differently.

https://www.theplaye...t-nba-is-lucky/

-Losty-

Edited by Losthief, 29 April 2017 - 06:34 PM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#2 Noah

Noah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Logical analysis points toward us upgrading the SF position as a MUST to unlock our full potential. I feel Rahat's pain as well as others whenever Ariza runs a PnR and/or attempts to dribble past his defender. I literally yell at Harden through the TV to go get the damn ball everytime. (I even wonder to myself why he sometimes doesn't attempt to get it back knowing that possession is being wasted). Unfortunately, Ariza's impact and importance on this team is not shown through his basketball skills as it once was. But the underrated aspect Ariza brings is his professionalism and chemistry, which as we witnessed this season, is crucial to team success and we shouldn't take that for granted (2015-2016 season). This article further emphasizes that point, which is why despite Ariza's flaws, you can live with them based on the leadership he brings. The Harden, Ariza, Patbev trio has solid chemistry and have been together for quite some time now too. Going after (long-shot) Gordon Hayward may seem like the best possible chance to improve, but Ariza's going to for sure make it a tough decision. I'm sure we can probably snag up a Gallinari type while keeping Ariza, but then we would have no chance to re-sign Nene. It's going to be an interesting summer for sure depending how our postseason run goes, but best guess says we keep our roster together. A big part of me wants to improve the team to its highest ceiling, and the other part of me can't envision a championship without Ariza. It just wouldn't feel right, especially because he's been through all the ups and downs with us. Tough call, great article.

#3 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 720 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

https://www.theplaye...-2017-playoffs/

when you win two games in a row that's called a winning streak.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

#4 Losthief

Losthief

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 482 posts
    • LocationHouston

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

here's eric gorden's one they referenced on the broadcast tonight: https://www.theplaye...rden-sixth-man/

(recruitment story about calling every day etc etc, and more)

Edited by Losthief, 02 May 2017 - 05:33 AM.

LoSTHieF

I'd Rather Be Lucky Than Skilled

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,824 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

I guess they all had some spare time.  Pretty cool hearing things from their perspective.

#6 slick shoes

slick shoes

Naysayer Extraordinaire

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 720 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

I guess they all had some spare time.  Pretty cool hearing things from their perspective.

I agree. Nice to get stuff straight from the horse's mouth instead of being regurgitated by a reporter with an objective. 

when you win two games in a row that's called a winning streak.

trickin' six digits on kicks and still holdin'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users