Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bboley24 : (02 October 2016 - 03:48 AM) What can I say? Don't need no stiiiiiinking stats.
@  DenverRocket : (26 September 2016 - 06:29 PM) Looks like bboley was correct all the way back on May 26th: http://www.espn.com/...houston-rockets
@  slick shoes : (26 September 2016 - 06:03 PM) Remember when everyone was elated that Chris Bosh was on the verge of signing without Houston? Dodged a bullet on that one.
@  thejohnnygold : (23 September 2016 - 03:02 PM) @Slick Shoes - I don't think so....I may have had him bundled in a trade scenario or two back when Phoenix had ALL the PG's.
@  slick shoes : (22 September 2016 - 08:53 PM) I'm liking the trade with Beasley for Tyler Ennis. JG, weren't you advocating drafting him a year or two ago?
@  thejohnnygold : (17 September 2016 - 03:38 PM) I think they will eventually settle on a good deal, but it will likely have early team options to protect against his chronic injury problems.
@  slick shoes : (16 September 2016 - 02:47 PM) If no one else is making any offers, why would we exceed the minimum? Is it that he/his agent think his value is higher than the market dictates?
@  thejohnnygold : (16 September 2016 - 01:08 PM) Yup. The last sentence of that article says it all. "All deals get done in the 11th hour".
@  DenverRocket : (15 September 2016 - 06:16 PM) The latest on D-Mo http://www.espn.com/...rockets-lagging
@  slick shoes : (29 August 2016 - 11:42 AM) At some point they've got to start trading SOME of these picks for veteran players...
@  thejohnnygold : (26 August 2016 - 10:03 PM) Call me crazy, but I'd rather have Kendall Marshall than 2 2nd rounders.
@  slick shoes : (26 August 2016 - 08:30 PM) the 76's trade for another center? im assuming they were really after the two 2nd rounders...
@  thejohnnygold : (07 August 2016 - 07:16 PM) Nope, but there is some raw talent to work with there. He is years away...
@  majik19 : (06 August 2016 - 11:53 PM) well it doesn't look like Zhou Qi is NBA-ready
@  thejohnnygold : (25 July 2016 - 04:26 PM) I think I am going to like Bobby Brown...that is within the confines of our current strategy which is score, score, SCORE!
@  slick shoes : (22 July 2016 - 08:02 PM) The "super team" Knicks? lol
@  thejohnnygold : (22 July 2016 - 06:05 PM) On Josh Smith...my guess is the Knicks eventually sign him.
@  slick shoes : (21 July 2016 - 04:29 PM) The Jet has been released. Josh Smith will likely play for another team next season. Maybe he teams up with Dwight in ATL?
@  slick shoes : (21 July 2016 - 12:17 PM) Harden is now sending hitmen after Rockets legends' sons for badmouthing him on social media *facepalm*
@  slick shoes : (18 July 2016 - 02:22 PM) If you haven't seen the 30 for 30 "The Guru of Go", I recommend it before the upcoming season.

Photo

Changes to the Forum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
  • 4,568 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hello fellow Rockets fans.

This post is to inform everyone of some recent and coming changes.

Those who access the forum via the front page of www.Red94.net have probably noticed the link to the Forum has vanished.  A new link will be added in the near future in the sidebar.  Currently, there is still access at the bottom of the front page, but I recommend bookmarking directly to the Forum in the meantime.

As many have noticed, Rahat's articles are no longer being linked directly to the Forum.  (I think this will solely be the case for Rahat.  The other authors who post here will still be linking to the forums...I think  :unsure: ...will update if this is not true.)

All of Rahat's articles will now use Disqus.  It's pretty simple to sign up or you can use a variety of other pre-existing accounts (like Facebook) to log in.  It uses a more modern forum style that makes it somewhat easier to follow individual conversations.  Everyone is welcome to join these discussions.  They can be accessed at the bottom of each article.

As of now, there isn't much (read: any) moderator influence in these discussions.  Enter at your own risk.

I suspect we will get some spillover from the Disqus crowd into the Forum.  Try not to feed the Trolls and let the mods do the dirty work.  Use the "Report" function to let us know if someone is out of line.

The Forum is not going away; rather, Rahat believes the Forum can take care of itself at this point.  I'm sure he intends to chime in from time to time, but his articles will be a front-page only thing.  We can always link to a front page article ourselves and create an internal thread.

As has always been the case--everyone is welcome to create new threads.  Find an interesting article?  Recent news?  General thoughts/questions?  You know....the usual.  B)

If anyone has questions/thoughts feel free to post them in here or you can PM me or one of the other mods.

#2 clydesmoustache

clydesmoustache

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:53 AM

After reading some comments relating to Rahats race and everything else not related to basketball i am not interested in joining Disqus. I came to Red94 to get away from that useless noise. It is a bit of a bummer as I love reading and at times responding to Rahats points of view.

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 4,568 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:44 PM

After reading some comments relating to Rahats race and everything else not related to basketball i am not interested in joining Disqus. I came to Red94 to get away from that useless noise. It is a bit of a bummer as I love reading and at times responding to Rahats points of view.

I am in agreement with you.  There is no problem with linking to his articles and creating threads in here to discuss them.  Moving forward, I think it is something we will do regularly.

#4 bernardo

bernardo

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

Agree with both of you. I just read the posts in the front page and then discuss whatever I want to discuss through the forum.

Edited by bernardo, 29 July 2016 - 06:38 PM.

#5 Mario Peña

Mario Peña

Officer

• Moderators
      • 2,366 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

I am in agreement with you.  There is no problem with linking to his articles and creating threads in here to discuss them.  Moving forward, I think it is something we will do regularly.

This sounds like the best course of action to me.
      I can't stand the Warriors!

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 4,287 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:40 PM

This sounds like the best course of action to me.

I too agree and will not be going to other places to post comments. I like the intelligent conversation within the forum and oppose including other knuckle heads who sole desire is to one up someone. if I wanted to fight I would join any one of a dozen other sights where the conversation only take slight peeks out of the trash can

My new years resolution.....drink that special bottle of wine, take your son on that fishing trip, live each day as if it were my last because everyday of LIFE is special B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users