Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Mario Pena (... : (07 December 2014 - 04:46 AM) Beverley is still a game changer for the Rockets, good to see him back on the court.
@  08huangj : (07 December 2014 - 01:38 AM) Bev is playing as an substitute tonight
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 11:32 PM) Bev is playing tonight
@  Dan G : (06 December 2014 - 10:09 PM) It's*
@  Dan G : (06 December 2014 - 10:09 PM) rocketrick, true enough. It'd definitely not looking good on that front.
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 08:55 PM) Papa, Dwight, Canaan, Jones out tonight, Bev questionable
@  rocketrick : (06 December 2014 - 01:20 PM) 'Dan G' says "We gotta work on our 2nd and 4th quarters." MY HUMBLE OPINION---Hey, How about just concentrating on Team Health for a few weeks.....
@  thejohnnygold : (06 December 2014 - 05:42 AM) Geez, that's nearly half our roster on the injured list...it's cool, Garcia is due to get out of his funk.
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 05:28 AM) Kosta Papanikolaou suffered a Grade 1 sprain of his knee on Friday and could miss the next 10 days.
@  Dan G : (06 December 2014 - 03:51 AM) Whew! We gotta work on our 2nd and 4th quarters.
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 03:47 AM) I didn't want to jinx it, now it's official, a game winning layup :D
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 03:46 AM) Of all the players I'd had expected to drive the lane and make a contested layup with 1 second remaining, Johnson wouldn't be the first
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 03:28 AM) D Mo!!!!
@  jorgeaam : (06 December 2014 - 03:22 AM) Oh no, Harden's out
@  SadLakerFan : (06 December 2014 - 03:15 AM) Statement game by the Spurs tonight. TD triple double - the road to the Finals goes through SA.
@  Mario Pena (... : (05 December 2014 - 10:28 PM) I also enjoy how Lowe classifies the different sources of Rockets dislike regarding different aspects of the Rockets (Morey analytics, Dwight's recent history, Harden's ability to get fouls).
@  Mario Pena (... : (05 December 2014 - 10:25 PM) If anyone listens to the Lowe Post podcast with Zach Lowe and Ethan Strauss check out the Rockets talk around 1:05:00. I like how Strauss frankly states that the media doesn't talk about the Rockets because most don't like Houston.
@  thejohnnygold : (04 December 2014 - 05:16 PM) Agreed. He is a long ways off, but I'm cool with investing the time to develop him.
@  txtdo1411 : (04 December 2014 - 04:33 PM) I know Capela looked comically bad at times last night, but man he has all the physical tools to be a dominant defender. I could not believe how effortlessly he would land and jump back above the rim in about a half second. He also seems to have great quickness for a guy that size. I'm extremely excited about his potential.
@  cointurtlemoose : (04 December 2014 - 05:52 AM) 23 offensive rebounds... twenty threeeeee.........

Photo

Rockets Roundup: 11/24/14

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

• Administrators
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

New post: Rockets Roundup: 11/24/14
    By: Kevin Kim

A quick and digestible look at the most top-of-mind Rockets news of the past few days.

SB Nation. James Harden is playing good defense and the Rockets are rolling.

"Making fun of James Harden's defense is easy. He's been comically bad on many occasions. It's so easy to make fun of Harden's defense that even Harden himself does it. But something funny is happening this season: Harden is leading the league in defensive win shares. At 1.04, he's ahead of Tim Duncan (1.03) and Kawhi Leonard, Marc Gasol and Trevor Ariza (all at 0.93)."

Houston Chronicle. No Dwight? No problem as Rockets rally past Parsons, Mavs.

And for all the boos directed all night at Parsons in his first game back since defecting to the Dallas Mavericks, the cheers after his foul and Harden’s three-point play echoed until the Rockets had taken a 95-92 win with a stunning late run Saturday night. 'I turned around and I saw them running in transition,' Harden said. 'As I looked up, there was just Chandler, but he wasn’t square. He was kind of still running back. I felt like I had an advantage on him, and I just took it.'

ESPN Dallas-Fort Worth. Rockets 95, Dallas 92: Houston matches Dallas's rally.

"The Toyota Center crowd, which included a surprising number of empty seats for a game between rivals who are Western Conference contenders, welcomed Parsons with loud boos during pregame introductions. Houston fans booed every time Parsons touched the ball. A lot of Rockets fans did show some love midway through the third quarter, when a Parsons video tribute played on the big screens during a timeout, thanking him for “three great seasons in Houston.” Parsons had eight points on 3-of-9 shooting and seven rebounds."

ESPN. Dwight Howard out indefinitely.

"There is no timetable for Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard's return after he underwent platelet-rich plasma therapy to treat his strained right knee, coach Kevin McHale said before Saturday night's 95-92 win against the Dallas Mavericks. Dwight Howard underwent platelet-rich plasma therapy to treat his strained right knee. It was the second consecutive game missed by Howard, who warmed up before Wednesday's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers before it was determined minutes before tip-off that he could not play."

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 3,680 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:43 PM

This just came in from the Dallas game....looks like people are going to shift the focus of their ire from Harden's defense to his "flopping".  LINK

While the video they post is compelling, it is edited juuuuuuuuuuuuust right to make it so.  I like that James got up and shoved Chandler--somebody's got to do it when a 7 footer takes a swing at our guy's head--incidental or not.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users