Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  MrLobble : (17 March 2014 - 02:37 AM) crazy that last sunday after the indiana and portland win, i was on cloud 9... now, i'm on cloud -9 ha
@  BrentYen : (17 March 2014 - 02:25 AM) IMO, it is good that they peaked once a week ago. Now they can go back sorting things out and be ready for playoff.
@  MrLobble : (17 March 2014 - 02:20 AM) hopefully, we can get back on track tomorrow!
@  MrLobble : (17 March 2014 - 02:12 AM) *nice
@  MrLobble : (17 March 2014 - 02:12 AM) yeah, totally agree... wasn't sure why we went with that rotation... wish we could have saw more of J. Hamilton... his athleticism and size would have been on defense
@  BrentYen : (17 March 2014 - 01:35 AM) If that is true, you should blame McHale putting him on the floor, not Lin. :P
@  MrLobble : (17 March 2014 - 12:19 AM) Jeremy Lin cost us the game... his defense down the stretch was dismal...
@  miketheodio : (16 March 2014 - 11:57 PM) still don't know what the rockets are at this point
@  Dan G : (16 March 2014 - 10:14 PM) This game pisses me off so much. The DoG call, the technical, the illegal screen on James and most of all the absolute poor shot selection by the Rockets at the end let this one slip away.
@  Opasido : (16 March 2014 - 10:11 PM) Overall just lost the game due to a mix of disgusting officiating and an absolute poop offense
@  Opasido : (16 March 2014 - 10:10 PM) 4 technicals on the Rockets. 2 three seconds on Howard, 1 DoG on Howard, 1 Technical on Beverley.
@  miketheodio : (16 March 2014 - 10:07 PM) refs weren't any help, but scoreless in the last 4~ minutes... can't do that.
@  Opasido : (16 March 2014 - 10:04 PM) Hahaha that death stare by McHale. These officials smh
@  Opasido : (16 March 2014 - 10:01 PM) Sigh
@  CanSayNOTC : (16 March 2014 - 07:12 PM) OK, I'm ready for tipoff. HOU vs MIA (PC) and UM vs MSU (laptop). Go Blue!
@  BrentYen : (14 March 2014 - 02:56 PM) I think so too..although it was hard to watch. Lol
@  Sir Thursday : (14 March 2014 - 10:09 AM) @Brent: I don't think it's too big a deal, as long as it's not a regular thing. Harden looked REALLY off tonight...
@  BrentYen : (14 March 2014 - 05:04 AM) Do you guys think a lose like this at this point of the season is a very bad sign? I think they will bounce back..
@  miketheodio : (14 March 2014 - 04:26 AM) at least these losses aren't at the end of the season.
@  thenit : (14 March 2014 - 02:49 AM) Tough couple off days. Maybe the team had too much deep dish pizza. Looked slow and sloppy. Even Bev couldn't bring it in his own hometown

Photo

10 best players of the NBA?

30 replies to this topic

#1 08huangj

08huangj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

I was just wondering about this but I really want to know some opinions from different people: Who's the ten best players in the NBA? Does Howard exist in your list? Does Harden exist in your list? If so, what place do they rank in?

Here is my list below:

1. Kevin Durant

2. LeBron James

3. Chris Paul

4. Kevin Love

5. Blake Griffin

6. James Harden

7. Russell Westbrook

8. LaMarcus Aldridge

9. Stephen Curry

10. Dwight Howard

Okay, I really do understand there will be lots of different opinions. I understand that maybe Steph should be ranked higher and Cousins should be in the list too. I understand that Paul George might be snubbed, but he hasn't been playing well lately. Same for Carmelo Anthony minus the second part. Same for lots of other players minus the second part. A top ten spot in the league ain't secure. Feel free to list your rankings below.

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 3,241 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

1. Durantula

2. KingJames

3. cp3.........cliff or chris..... not sure which :)

4. Blake Griffin

5. James Harden

6. LaMarcus  Aldridge

7. Dwight Howard (D-12)

8. Kevin Love.....would be higher if he played defense

9. Stephen Curry.......would be higher if he played defense

10. Anthony Davis

11. Carmelo Anthony.......would be higher if he played defense

12. Demarcus Cousins......would be higher if he just grow up

13. Tony Parker 

14. Damian Lillard..........would be higher if he played defense

15. Dwayne Wade.......health starting to become a concern

16. Goran Dragic

17.Kyrie Erving

18. Russel WestBrick........the name says it all

19. Ragon Rondo

20. Chris Bosh

Edited by rockets best fan, 09 March 2014 - 11:49 PM.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#3 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,953 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

1) James
    2) Durant
    3) Howard
    4) Paul
    5) LMA
    6) Griffin
    7) Harden
    8) Melo
    9) Curry
    10) Love

Why so Serious? :D

#4 kevman86

kevman86

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

1. BronBron

2. KD

3. CP3

4. The Beard

5. K Love

6. Blake

7. D12

8. LMA

9. P George

10. Curry

Next 10:

T Parker

Kyrie

Rondo

Wall

Ibaka

Lillard

Dragic

Noah

Hibbert

Rubio

Intentional snubs:

Westbrook (Thunder better without him), Melo (ball hog), Cousins (attitude), D Wade (health)

#5 Dayak

Dayak

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 67 posts
      • LocationBorneo Island

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:58 AM

1. James
      2. Durant
      3. Paul
      4. Griffin
      5. LMA
      6. Harden
      7. Howard
      8. Love
      9. Curry
      10. Melo
      46. Rubio

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 3,241 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

@Dayak

lol good one

93.Rubio in my book

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#7 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPip
      • 1,225 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

I would have love before LA. LA is so inefficient, he takes so many long twos and he isn't even close to being the best at that range. His game is sacrilegious against the Morey religon. Next year, we might have the beard above CP and if you want to pull not playing D card, Griffen has never been a master on that end either.   

Again on LA, he gets his stats because he gets so many shots.

Edited by Buckko, 10 March 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#8 08huangj

08huangj

• Members
        • Pip
        • 26 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:41 AM

I would have love before LA. LA is so inefficient, he takes so many long twos and he isn't even close to being the best at that range. His game is sacrilegious against the Morey religon. Next year, we might have the beard above CP and if you want to pull not playing D card, Griffen has never been a master on that end either.   

True, but if you compare Harden to Aldridge, Harden's shooting percentage is a little worse than LA........mainly because of 3 pointers :rolleyes:.  Something I totally disagree on is that he's not close to being the best at mid-range. Perhaps he didn't shoot so well in mid-range against the Rockets......but he is pretty efficient from long twos. The defense of Harden and Aldridge can be argued for years, too. I only say this because Harden has picked up his defense in the last 2 games. He didn't even have 75% of Aldridge's ability to defense before this stretch of games. Aldridge is a above average rebounder, too. Something I would never do is trade Harden for Aldridge as Daryl Morey: I think that Harden is better.

Edited by 08huangj, 11 March 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#9 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,225 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:14 AM

Check aldriges rebounding percentages and his shot chart compared to the elite midrange shooters like Bosh and Ibaka, not pretty. LA still shows little growth on his 3pt shot. While Love is a statistic god, his supporting cast is much worst and doesn't fit as well as Portland's though. I would take Ibaka and Griffen over LA also and maybe Bosh too.

#10 08huangj

08huangj

• Members
            • Pip
            • 26 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

46. Rubio

405: Isiah Canaan

#11 Steven

Steven

• Members
              • PipPipPipPipPip
              • 1,474 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

405: Isiah Canaan

406: Jeremy Lin

#12 Ostrow

Ostrow

Officer

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 428 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

LA creates a lot of those midrange shots for himself which is a big difference. I wonder what Ibaka's shooting percentage would be if he had to shoot those shots after a post up. Same with Bosh.  Statistical comparisons like that are tough.

I'm not going to do a top 10 because outside the top 2 it is all a crapshoot, but as much as I love the Rockets, I don't think Harden and Howard are both in the top 10, definitely not both in the top 5.

#13 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,225 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Well one is the best SG while the other is the best C so it's hard to say they're not top 10. I know Bosh and Ibaka are regulated to much more spot up shooters but it doesn't change the fact that if you play from inefficient range, you must be very efficient and LA isn't.

#14 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
                    • Pip
                    • 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

Even when no mention of the bench point guard on the Rockets, someone has to bring this man to the discussion,whether a fanatical praise or negative put down.  This would be classify as a negative put down.  I think I understand you dislike him but when I read it's only the LOF who make it silly, I think it's safe to say that the "haters" also muddy topics that didn't have any mention of the guy. Why such disdain?

#15 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Have to agree with you on this.  I don't have LMA anywhere near my top ten...

#16 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                        • 2,703 posts
                        • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

For those who are not aware or view this negatively--it is clearly a joke designed to rile people up.  He doesn't actually believe Lin is 406....we all know that is Anthony Bennett's spot ;)

#17 YaoMan

YaoMan

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

For those who are not aware or view this negatively--it is clearly a joke designed to rile people up.  He doesn't actually believe Lin is 406....we all know that is Anthony Bennett's spot ;)

Noted.  I guess my question is what is the motive to rile up those fanatics who may get "offended" and go off on all these crazy posts? :P

Edited by YaoMan, 11 March 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#18 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
                          • 2,703 posts
                          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Noted.  I guess my question is what is the motive to rile up those fanatics who may get "offended" and go off on all these crazy posts? :P

Well, you would have to ask Steven that question.  I don't think he singles anyone group or person out.  Steven likes to make jokes about everyone and everything.  He means no harm.  It's just a little comic relief amidst all the stat/opinion/rant posts.

#19 txtdo1411

txtdo1411

Rookie

• Members
                          • PipPip
                          • 55 posts
                          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Steven is a known Canaan truther (I believe that is what I have seen you refer to yourself as...if not my deepest apologies!). So when another poster took a little jab at Canaan, Steven fired back. Anyways for my list, here is my best attempt.

1. James

2. Durant

3. Paul

4. Harden

5. Griffin

6. Melo- Might be high, but his ability to score is brilliant. 

7. Aldridge

8. Curry

9. Love

10. George- Awesome defender, but offensively is quite below everyone else on the list. 

#20 Freebird

Freebird

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 198 posts
                          • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

A Canaan truther?  Does that make him a Canaan-ite?

Sorry, sorry.  Had to be done.  I'll be here all week.

Top ten - yeah, kind of a subjective matter.  Are we supposed to judge players individually?  I mean, I really like Griffin's game, but how much better does he look next to CP3?  And vice versa?  By that same token, are Harden's assist numbers up because he now tosses up dunks to D12?  Nope - his lines are pretty much identical to last year.  What does that mean?  Means I can use the interwebs to look stuff up.

Bron and Durant are the top 2, in some order.  Everything else is seen through rose-colored glasses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users