Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RollingWave : (08 January 2014 - 01:06 AM) Woj report that we are trying to trade Dmo (expected) , clutchfan rumor that we are trying to get Dunlevy (logical)
@  majik19 : (08 January 2014 - 12:14 AM) No way Houston goes for Boozer. Would Houston make a play for Bynum? I doubt it - we don't need two injured backup centers. And his attitude would not sit well with this team.
@  rm90025 : (07 January 2014 - 05:34 PM) Also wonder if Bynum ends up with the Heat or the Clippers. That could give either team a game changing lift over the competition.
@  rm90025 : (07 January 2014 - 05:33 PM) I wonder if Bulls move Boozer now and if Houston gets involved.
@  rocketrick : (07 January 2014 - 10:38 AM) Luol Deng is an Unrestricted Free Agent after this season. Did the Bulls receive Max Value for him in this trade?
@  Dayak : (07 January 2014 - 05:59 AM) The Cavs turned 24 games of Andrew Bynum into an All-Star small forward in Deng. The Bulls will save $15M+, get below tax, get future 1st.
@  Dayak : (07 January 2014 - 05:59 AM) Brian Windhorst:
@  Buckko : (04 January 2014 - 09:42 PM) If Hazewinkle used mediocre at best to describe the rockets right now, I wonder what his opinions on the Texans were.
@  Opasido : (04 January 2014 - 08:49 PM) Shouldve crushed the knicks though. They were on B2B and melo injured, rockets were pretty refreshed. oh well
@  rocketrick : (04 January 2014 - 02:48 PM) If the Rockets are truly "mediocre at best" per Hazewinkle, what does that mean for the rest of the NBA (22/30 teams with lower winning % than us)?
@  RollingWave : (04 January 2014 - 12:44 PM) With Lin, I notice he looked like he took a hit or something early in the 3rd. that and/or maybe Tyson Chandler figured out something with how he play screens and out smarted him
@  RollingWave : (04 January 2014 - 12:43 PM) for all the crap he took Garcia played pretty well this game, Smith was really quite but managed to defend the paint pretty well too
@  RollingWave : (04 January 2014 - 12:39 PM) though this game for once almost all the bench guys had a good game in +/-
@  RollingWave : (04 January 2014 - 12:36 PM) Lin was legitimately awful in the 3rd, which was strange, I took a look again and he played the screens really well in the first 2 quarter then suddenly couldn't read any screen in the 3rd
@  rocketrick : (04 January 2014 - 11:56 AM) The Knicks shot only 25% in the 4th quarter. AB, Garcia plus D12, Harden and Parsons were the most effective defensive rotation tonight.
@  Dayak : (04 January 2014 - 05:48 AM) Hot hand? 1-8 FGM-A. Lol, SMH.
@  Dayak : (04 January 2014 - 05:47 AM) Thank you J.R. Smith. I just couldn't understand why McHale keep Brooks play for the entire 4th quarter
@  HazeWinkle : (04 January 2014 - 03:59 AM) i mean allowing defensive rebounding
@  HazeWinkle : (04 January 2014 - 03:54 AM) rockets got away with one but man our defense and offensive rebounding need alot of work
@  Opasido : (04 January 2014 - 03:33 AM) Anybody else see in the last 20 seconds Bargnani wide open for a dunk if he just turned around? And JR Smith with that boneheaded 3? Won the game due to Knick's boneheaded mistakes

Photo

Trade Asik for Bynum ???

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

Let's discuss the pros and cons of this possible trade knowing the Cavs intent on moving Bynum.....

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
    • 2,346 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Meh, I'd want to know the nature of his "conduct detrimental to the team" first.  Also, his knees.  I think I'd rather keep Asik...of course, his future gets more uncertain every day.

#3 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 835 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

If the plan is to cut Bynum (non guranteed contract) it's not bad but nothing special might as well hang onto asik. If they wanted to integrate Bynum as the backup C I'd have serious doubts it could work. Let him go bowling and play with his hairdos elsewhere.

#4 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 973 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

Ya I'm going to stop you right there and say NO! Not a snowball's chance in hell.

#5 PKM

PKM

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 113 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

Asik can't be a backup center because he's injured and wants more minutes....therefore we should trade him for Andrew Bynum.

#6 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPipPip
          • 3,173 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:19 AM

Asik for Bynum? that move smells like desperation. even if we get nothing from Asik the rest of the year, I would still rather have him than Bynum. Bynum can not be depended on and to trade for him then cut him would  equal to giving Asik away for free. either way we lose in that situation. now if we could get a player thrown in like Waiters it might be worth listening, but outside of that Bynum for Asik is a non-starter for me

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#7 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,156 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Asik for Bynum? that move smells like desperation. even if we get nothing from Asik the rest of the year, I would still rather have him than Bynum. Bynum can not be depended on and to trade for him then cut him would  equal to giving Asik away for free. either way we lose in that situation. now if we could get a player thrown in like Waiters it might be worth listening, but outside of that Bynum for Asik is a non-starter for me

I was thinking that maybe, probably long shot, but still, Bynum might have more value for the Rockets this season as our backup Center since Asik continues to have his injury issues.

Plus, it's going to be quite difficult, I believe, after the Trade Deadline in February, to move Asik due to his poison pill contract that requires the acquiring team to pay him $15 million next season.

Yes, I am in agreement with you, it would be even more beneficial if we could also acquire a useful player or a draft pick in addition to swapping Asik for Bynum.

I'm definitely not a proponent of trading Asik for Bynum simply for a salary dump (meaning immediate cutting of Bynum).

#8 Steven

Steven

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,289 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Asik for Bynum and Waiters

#9 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
              • Pip
              • 17 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

Trade him anywhere. Jay Ratliff said he couldn't play, so he cowboys cut him. A day later Ratliff was taking physicals and all geared to play. Asik drama reeks of the movie Platoon to me (character was spraying his feet with mosquito repellent). If Asik is scamming the Rockets then he is damaged goods.....if he has true knee problems then he is damaged goods. I suspect once traded Asik will muster up the strength and pain tolerance to suit up and play. Put ice on it. Every player has swelling and pain in the joints. Sean Elliot was taking Celebrex since he was a teenager.....that's why he needed a kidney transplant at a young age. Again, just put ice on it Asik. MRI's show nothing structural.

#10 Dayak

Dayak

• Members
                • Pip
                • 24 posts
                • LocationBorneo Island

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

It won't happen. Brian Windhorst: The Cavs turned 24 games of Andrew Bynum into an All-Star small forward in Deng. The Bulls will save $15M+, get below tax, get future 1st.

#11 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 488 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

It won't happen. Brian Windhorst: The Cavs turned 24 games of Andrew Bynum into an All-Star small forward in Deng. The Bulls will save $15M+, get below tax, get future 1st.

It's a protected first from Sacramento (around the 10-12 range, over the next 4 draft, so it means that as long as the Kings have 1 not terrible season the Bulls get a extra first round pick, probably around 15 give or take), and *3* 2nd round picks.

Edited by RollingWave, 07 January 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#12 rocketrick

rocketrick

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPip
                  • 1,156 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

It will certainly be interesting to see if the Cavs can re-sign Deng before the end of this season or if they end up losing him to free agency as he is unrestricted.

#13 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPipPip
                    • 1,799 posts
                    • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Deng wanted 16 million a year. Wow

Why so Serious? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users