Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Richards : (29 September 2013 - 08:06 PM) Saw a video with Dream tutoring D-Mo. D-Mo looks better than Harden in post move. But compare to Dream. What a slow motion with frames lock-up..
@  Rahat Huq : (29 September 2013 - 04:52 PM) it's amazing how fluid he still looks, even compared to some of the best players in the league
@  Richards : (29 September 2013 - 01:42 AM) Saw video of Dream teaching Harden post move. Dream still has much much smother move than Harden. Awesome!!!
@  DrewinAbilene : (28 September 2013 - 01:14 AM) Boom! Callin' it: Western Conference Finals after beating the Spurs handily.
@  feelingsuper... : (27 September 2013 - 05:08 PM) Rockets ranked #6 in Stein's Training Camp edition of NBA Power Rankings. http://espn.go.com/n...ar/2014/week/-1
@  thejohnnygold : (26 September 2013 - 01:53 PM) Camp starts Sept. 28th
@  bboley24 : (25 September 2013 - 11:40 PM) MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SEASON TO START!!! When is camp starting???
@  RollingWave : (24 September 2013 - 07:29 AM) yeah, twitter is probably best in the side bar format like on the frontpage
@  Rahat Huq : (24 September 2013 - 02:13 AM) No problem, guys. Thought it was worth the test but it ended up being more annoying than anything.
@  bboley24 : (24 September 2013 - 12:32 AM) Yes that was quite annoying... good test run though
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2013 - 06:03 PM) Thank You!
@  Rahat Huq : (22 September 2013 - 09:54 PM) Tweets have been disabled from this area.
@  RocketsTweets : (22 September 2013 - 05:59 PM) Tweet(@ dmorey): Sneak peek of new Rockets locker room http://t.co/099fZFR3zW
@  RocketsTweets : (22 September 2013 - 05:01 PM) Tweet(@ dmorey): Will wait for us to win a real one RT @DHYLNP: @dmorey @ChandlerParsons Print a Larry O'Brien trophy?
@  RocketsTweets : (22 September 2013 - 04:35 PM) Tweet(@ dmorey): My 1st 3D printing projects. Anyone have Rockets thingie's? Daughter wants me 2make @chandlerparsons action figure http://t.co/fMwlMWiO8J
@  Rahat Huq : (21 September 2013 - 06:23 PM) I agree. I'm going to take the Tweets out.
@  timetodienow... : (21 September 2013 - 06:22 PM) Rahat, I think if you put a twitter feed on the side of the page, it would be better. Me, personally, I just don't bother scrolling down to try and find somebody to respond to. I like the twitter idea, but the combination didn't work.
@  feelingsuper... : (21 September 2013 - 04:15 PM) Really just not much going on is there?
@  2016Champions : (21 September 2013 - 05:13 AM) I can't speak for everyone, but the tweets have been the reason I don't use the shoutbox anymore.
@  Rahat Huq : (21 September 2013 - 02:22 AM) Ah ok.

Photo

Omer Asik?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Locationhouston

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I watched all of the media day talks from the players and 2 of them stood out to me.

http://rockets.clutc....dwight-howard/

Asik's interview was of special interest to me. I wanted to see what his attitude would be after all the changes this summer. He sounds like the Rockets put a gag order on him. he did not seem overly excited like the other players. you have to be careful from drawing to much from interviews, but the general vive I got from him is he still wants out. he is not happy, but willing to do his job. I am even more convinced after that interview he will be moved.

the other interview I could not find a link to for posting purposes. however only one sentence stood out from the interview to me..............Howard when asked how he felt about the young talent on this team immediately reference T-Jones as someone he had been impresses by. Yes he also mention Lin, but lets not spoil the moment :lol: this makes me believe T-Jones has done some outstanding work this summer.......I can't wait to see him on the floor

Edited by rockets best fan, 27 September 2013 - 08:40 PM.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#2 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

I am not sure if you can read much more from this clip than Asik is a player who loathes talking much at all and detests even more his press responsibilities which I can't blame him about.

#3 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

Asik has never been charismatic by any means so I don't put a lot of stock in his interview. But I can't blame him if he is upset he put in a very good first year as a full time starter and now he's back on the bench for reasons beyond his control.

#4 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,405 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I want Asik to stay if only to challenge Howard for minutes. We don't want the Lakers version of Howard, we want a better version. Some competition can only help.

Why so Serious? :D

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,717 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

ok they finally posted the interviews on the Rockets web sight here is the full load outside of Asik

http://www.nba.com/r.../media-day-2013

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#6 bboley24

bboley24

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 226 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

I listened to an interview with him where he was up against a wall taking questions.  He is definitely on his way out.  Not because of his attitude, but the content in his answers was very much dismissive.  

Did you catch the chuckle when they asked him about taking more jump shots?  The guy obviously doesn't work on his range.

#7 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
      • 2,717 posts
      • Locationhouston

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I saw several videos of practice from the first day of camp...........none of Asik. I even saw one clip of Harden working with Dream with D-Mo and T-Jones watching from the side, but Asik is nowhere around. I know he was at the practice, but nothing on him. I'm starting to get that feeling that something ain't right. I was really looking forward to watching Asik work with Dream. I smell a trade coming. say what you will, but I'm starting to get that trade vive.

#8 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 118 posts
      • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

What RBF said is quite possible, however, I think not too many ppl were doubting that Asik is been shopped or not. It is actually the same old question they are thinking," what can we get for return?".

Edited by BrentYen, 30 September 2013 - 03:11 AM.

LOF here.

#9 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 376 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Red94, where everyone claims to be mind readers

#10 Richards

Richards

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 256 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I saw several videos of practice from the first day of camp...........none of Asik. I even saw one clip of Harden working with Dream with D-Mo and T-Jones watching from the side, but Asik is nowhere around. I know he was at the practice, but nothing on him. I'm starting to get that feeling that something ain't right. I was really looking forward to watching Asik work with Dream. I smell a trade coming. say what you will, but I'm starting to get that trade vive.

I believe I saw Asik was on bench watching Dream and Howard working on post move. Interesting thing was Harden and D-mo got lessons from Dream. Why not Asik?

#11 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 1,270 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Asik had left practice early with a strained calf on Sunday.

As far as the Saturday interview, I wouldn't read too much into it.  He's incredibly shy and hates talking.  He'd never make himself available postgame last year (even though its required) and the one time I did catch him, before the game, he just smiled and replied one or two words to each of my questions.  He could definitely be on his way out, but the interview he gave isn't proof. 

#12 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
            • 1,199 posts
            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

As far as the Saturday interview, I wouldn't read too much into it.  He's incredibly shy and hates talking.  He'd never make himself available postgame last year (even though its required) and the one time I did catch him, before the game, he just smiled and replied one or two words to each of my questions.  He could definitely be on his way out, but the interview he gave isn't proof. 

Thanks for the update on Asik's calf. I completely agree with what you wrote Rahat. It's training camp and the press that we fans get is just a small window into the on goings within the Rockets' organization. 

#13 Richards

Richards

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 256 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I like Asik a lot. He is only Rockets player to start all regular and playoffs games last year. It is a strange feeling we are talking about his potential trade.

I think we have only four-year-window (Howard's contract term) to win championship. And we got to go against top teams with stable rosters for years.

We don't have much time to reset the key pieces. So, Morey should make a trade sooner than later.

#14 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 376 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Which is why you should totally root for us to make the finals with Asik as a major player ;) the pre game interviews may top Greg Popovich's last year in terms of answering long questions with yes/no.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users