Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  CC. : (29 August 2013 - 05:20 AM) I agree Morey is referring to D12 and the new bench cast. But still, I can't picture teammates as a birthday 'gift'. Sounds a little inhuman too. It's like Morey said 'here I got you new friends for your birthday because you weren't satisfied with buddy Delfino'. Teammates are people not material gifts aren't they? Haahaha. It just sounds off to me
@  ale11 : (28 August 2013 - 06:35 PM) It would be pretty morbid to tell Lin via twitter that he is gonna get traded that way...looking at it positively, it meant "I got you DH12 and a bunch of shooters, go nuts with the PnR and show your worth".
@  Rahat Huq : (28 August 2013 - 11:20 AM) pretty sure he meant the new guys we've already acquired
@  CC. : (28 August 2013 - 03:00 AM) In Morey's birthday tweet to J.Lin...he mentioned Lin getting 'new teammates'...are these teammates in a Rocket uniform? Or are they new 'new' teammates? This might get some hopes up for the guys wanting Lin out
@  timetodienow... : (20 August 2013 - 01:15 AM) Good insight, ST.
@  Sir Thursday : (19 August 2013 - 10:12 PM) On a radio show or TV interview you have a lot less time to police yourself. In a forum like an AMA, Morey has much more time to decide what responses are OK and doesn't have to be so guarded. That's my hypothesis, anyway.
@  timetodienow... : (18 August 2013 - 09:42 PM) I can see that. He's always very circumspect when he's talking on camera compared to doing these AMAs. I don't think he's uncomfortable speaking but he's more in his element chatting online.
@  feelingsuper... : (18 August 2013 - 04:23 PM) I think you're on to something timetodie but I wouldn't say he is uncomfortable speaking, we just gleam more insight from what he writes.
@  timetodienow... : (16 August 2013 - 10:35 PM) Has anyone noticed that Morey is more comfortable typing than speaking?
@  2016Champions : (16 August 2013 - 08:53 PM) Daryl Morey's reddit AMA today: http://www.reddit.co...eason_addition/
@  Sir Thursday : (16 August 2013 - 06:54 PM) (Although having said that, Cleveland and Washington being improved mean that there might actually be some competition towards the bottom of the Eastern Conference playoff bracket for once).
@  Sir Thursday : (16 August 2013 - 06:53 PM) They may end up with the 8th seed again this year, but they'll be a team on the up rather than a team that's reached its peak.
@  Sir Thursday : (16 August 2013 - 06:52 PM) That's a lot of shooting, anyhow. And they've filled the bench with serviceable players, too.
@  Sir Thursday : (16 August 2013 - 06:49 PM) (or maybe you put Gary Neal in for Delfino)
@  Sir Thursday : (16 August 2013 - 06:48 PM) It's not a roster completely devoid of talent, anyway. Knight/Mayo/Delfino/Ilyasova/Sanders seems like a reasonable starting lineup.
@  Sir Thursday : (16 August 2013 - 06:45 PM) A lot depends on if they can develop their young guys. Knight, Henson, Antetokounmpo...
@  timetodienow... : (16 August 2013 - 06:41 PM) Although this signing does make them look better to me.
@  timetodienow... : (16 August 2013 - 06:40 PM) Maybe. I don't really care all that much, but it just seems like he's being underpaid. And why would he want to stay in MIL? Have you seen the moves they've made thus far.
@  Sir Thursday : (16 August 2013 - 06:36 PM) A player with 7 years' experience qualifies for a bigger max contract, right? Maybe he's angling for that
@  timetodienow... : (16 August 2013 - 06:33 PM) I hope he has an ETO. That would make the deal make sense in my mind. Otherwise why not play next year and get offered the max by a desperate team and have MIL match?

Photo

Do the Rocket's players/front office read these forums?

21 replies to this topic

#1 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

I am wondering if they read these things just for a public interest sort of thing.  Maybe for public analysis rather than global reports from an ESPN or CBS.  Rahat has access to the organization so they are aware of the forum's presence.  That in itself must somehow seem legit enough to take seriously.

When players and coaches recite public opinion during interviews, where do they get this insight?  Does it come from the global sports reports?  When they say "the fans in Houston have welcomed Dwight with open arms" or something of the sort, is that just something they came up with randomly for publicity sake or do they actually poll fans?

#2 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
    • 1,110 posts
    • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

It would be great if somehow Steven is really Daryl Morey just blowing off steam or if Jeremy Lin has been really active on these boards this summer in the form of rocketsbestfan.
    The 2012-2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#3 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,173 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

It would be great if somehow Steven is really Daryl Morey just blowing off steam or if Jeremy Lin has been really active on these boards this summer in the form of rocketsbestfan.

As far as me, I'm not Morey. I know no one who is ITK. I think Buckko could be Morey tho. Too much emotion from Morey, causing him to be blind to the fact Lin will never fit into this Rocket team and should be traded just to clear cap space.

#4 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 211 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:49 AM

How the hell does JLin end up in every thread?  

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 1,280 posts
        • LocationAlabama

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Because its a hot button issue and people want more hits on their post and that is accomplished by mentioning Lin

Why so Serious? :D

#6 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 516 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:13 AM

No, I am not Morey and I'm not emotionally passionate about lin either. However you could have just started a game who's who? 

#7 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 2,573 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

:lol:  :lol: you guys are killing me :lol: I should be the last one you expect to be Lin, however on the subject......YES they do read these forums...Morey has admitted as much already. now as far as having a secret identity on here?.........that's food for thought.

Edited by rockets best fan, 27 August 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#8 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 211 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

Morey has admitted it???

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,573 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Morey has admitted it???

YES.........in his recent AMA (ask me anything) segment he said he reads, but denies any interaction on these forums......he said it helps him with ideas

#10 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 681 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

YES.........in his recent AMA (ask me anything) segment he said he reads, but denies any interaction on these forums......he said it helps him with ideas

They may read the blog, but it seems highly unlikely that anyone involved with the Rockets organisation actually posts on here. The forum is a nice community, but the majority of traffic to the site is likely just to the articles themselves, which after all are the outwards facing portion of discussions. When you read an article on another site, how often do you read the comment sections? I know I don't do it very often. I suspect that threads which aren't attached to articles and therefore do not appear as comment sections get even less visibility.

ST

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,573 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

They may read the blog, but it seems highly unlikely that anyone involved with the Rockets organisation actually posts on here. The forum is a nice community, but the majority of traffic to the site is likely just to the articles themselves, which after all are the outwards facing portion of discussions. When you read an article on another site, how often do you read the comment sections? I know I don't do it very often. I suspect that threads which aren't attached to articles and therefore do not appear as comment sections get even less visibility.

ST

I would tend to agree, however I was watching a video of Mark Cuban recently where he talked about every team looking for anything that will give them an advantage, and it made me think about something Sam Hinkie said before he left for Philly........before making any decisions he wants to be sure he has heard every opinion of the subject. what better place to find out the general opinions of all parties than a forum such as this one. don't get me wrong I don't think they govern their process by what they read, but just the process of taking in all opinions on a subject may mean they read a lot deeper than any of us are imagining. 

#12 Chichos

Chichos

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 135 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

I love it, that means we can take credit for most of the Rocket's successes right? I mean he just crowd sourced those ideas from us.

#13 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
              • 1,797 posts
              • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

I can say this, I will be watching to see if any of my wacky Dwight/Asik sets make it to the court.  Just so you know, Daryl, there's more where that came from...

#14 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 2,573 posts
              • Locationhouston

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

I can say this, I will be watching to see if any of my wacky Dwight/Asik sets make it to the court.  Just so you know, Daryl, there's more where that came from...

:lol: I was thinking of slipping in a few ideas myself :lol:

#15 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 516 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:01 PM

Hey I have been talking the howard at PF and asik at C lineup since May. Want more ideas, make demo the leading scorer on a strong defensive second unit and he just might be our 6th man.

#16 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 211 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hey Daryl...  Need someone to walk your dogs?  I hear Zan-TaBARK, Moochie and Mobley are misbehaving.

#17 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 2,573 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

what is this the send a shout out the Daryl Morey thread now :lol:

#18 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                  • 1,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm rolling reading these posts.  

I hope they do read, what better place to find public opinion and perception on certain issues.  Anytime a question is brought up we seem to have discussion on it, and a wide range of opinions are given, most of which are unique views that may have not been seen otherwise.  So I can definitely seen an advantage to the front office, or their minions, reading here.

I also believe this site/forum would be a better place to get insight than the others, due to higher average quality.

I can agree RBF may be Lin.  Lin has mentioned before he feeds off the criticisms and we know RBF has plenty haha.

#19 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 2,573 posts
                    • Locationhouston

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:29 AM

I'm rolling reading these posts.  

I hope they do read, what better place to find public opinion and perception on certain issues.  Anytime a question is brought up we seem to have discussion on it, and a wide range of opinions are given, most of which are unique views that may have not been seen otherwise.  So I can definitely seen an advantage to the front office, or their minions, reading here.

I also believe this site/forum would be a better place to get insight than the others, due to higher average quality.

I can agree RBF may be Lin.  Lin has mentioned before he feeds off the criticisms and we know RBF has plenty haha.

haven't tt you in a while where you been? good to see you back. every since this who's who started it has been funny, but I'm a little harsh on Lin to be him :P

#20 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
                    • 1,063 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:33 AM

Life's been busy lately, and thanks!

That's exactly what Lin would say too...good try Jeremy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users