Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (15 July 2013 - 02:13 AM) Thanks.
@  blakecouey : (15 July 2013 - 02:04 AM) Executives of each team.  I believe it can be either Team President or General Manager.
@  2016Champions : (15 July 2013 - 01:19 AM) Does anyone here know who votes for Executive of the Year? Is it the media or GM's?
@  miketheodio : (14 July 2013 - 01:09 AM) keep in mind people predicted the rockets to still miss the playoffs WITH harden.
@  miketheodio : (14 July 2013 - 01:09 AM) no one expected harden to be as good as he is. they figured he would be an all star, but not a budding superstar. that's why the trade happened. nobody thought he would be a top 5 shooting guard
@  Richards : (13 July 2013 - 08:38 PM) Unbelievable reception for Howard. Good for him. Don't remember Harden had similar one.
@  2016Champions : (10 July 2013 - 12:56 AM) Feigan via twitter just said Rockets got fined 150k for saying they're happy they got Dwight. Rockets are allowed to acknowledge Dwight's decision, but not allowed to say they're happy about it...
@  RollingWave : (07 July 2013 - 12:36 AM) also, he was one of the youngest FA out there, so there's actually a chance he might improve
@  2016Champions : (07 July 2013 - 12:29 AM) Not only does Omri knock down open shots, but he runs the floor very hard. He's slightly better than his stats indicate. I'm not saying he's a great player, but there aren't many better players available for the vet min.
@  Steven : (06 July 2013 - 09:00 PM) Casspi is just a spot filler, who will prove depth on the wings incase of injuries throughout the year. He can knock down the open jumper.
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:30 PM) they need to sign someone a little stronger than that....
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:27 PM) Hmm. Looking at his shot charts, he actually looks like a 37-40% 3P shooter from the wings and the corners. Just from the top that he's weak.
@  DrewinAbilene : (06 July 2013 - 07:22 PM) Omri Casspi reportedly signing with Houston for 2 years
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:21 PM) Omri Casspi, apparently? Kind of surprising, thought rest of signings would be better 3P shooters.
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:15 PM) corey brewer still available?
@  sircharles : (06 July 2013 - 07:12 PM) i wonder who else the rockets can get at decent role players
@  tombrokeoff : (06 July 2013 - 07:11 PM) whew.  havent been able to log in via twitter in forever.  but now its fixed.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:03 PM) Guess that was never going to happen.
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:02 PM) https://twitter.com/...589024310571009
@  BenQueens : (06 July 2013 - 07:01 PM) Smoove goes to DET for 4 years, 56M

Photo

Summer League

46 replies to this topic

#1 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Game 1 - 24 and 12 for the starting PF of the present and future.

Edited by Steven, 07 July 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#2 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 161 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I am looking at that right now! d12 pick... roll... dish. threeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#3 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 161 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

'cough' 'cough' Royce isn't on 76ers roster...

#4 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 442 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Canaan didnt play is be not signed yet? Also impressed with Casper Ware's game if only he was a little taller.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 2,065 posts
          • Locationhouston

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Game 1 - 24 and 12 for the starting PF of the present and future.

totally agree....................MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS UPCOMING SEASON :lol: I'M PUMPED AND IT'S ONLY JULY :rolleyes:

#6 blakecouey

blakecouey

Red94 Chief of Police

• Moderators
          • 1,004 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Canaan didnt play is be not signed yet? Also impressed with Casper Ware's game if only he was a little taller.

Canaan has a sprained ankle, which is why he didn't play.

Have a Twitter? Post your info here and have it added to gain more followers and faster Rockets and Red94 news.
            http://www.red94.net...ic/310-twitter/

#7 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,144 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

For anyone wondering, Isaiah Canaan didn't play today due to an ankle injury he suffered back in June. He is listed as day to day, and might be  ready by the next Summer League game on Tuesday.

Debates are destructive as they present one-sided opinions and demolish reasoned arguments, whereas discussions are constructive and encourage the expression of opinion.

Debate is the death of conversation.

#8 Rockets fan newton

Rockets fan newton

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Yea really excited this year..I really believe in this years team..can't wait to see what Canaan can do..still a lil worried bout def really good Pf's in this league..but Tjones looks up to the task..we know he can reb and score..he even blocked some shots last year toward the end..I think we will have the best summer league team this year

#9 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 2,144 posts
              • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

I'm intrigued by Robert Covington, 6'9 with a 7'2 wingspan, he didn't shoot well today but he's typically a very good shooter and very athletic.

Morey must like him too because he just got a 2 year contract with the Rockets. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 07 July 2013 - 10:34 PM.

Debates are destructive as they present one-sided opinions and demolish reasoned arguments, whereas discussions are constructive and encourage the expression of opinion.

Debate is the death of conversation.

#10 Paradise

Paradise

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 29 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Very exciting stuff! Can't wait to see more TJONES.

#11 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 623 posts
                • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

TJones and Beverley had really good games. Loved Beverley on Carter-Williams, it was a really fun battle to watch. And TJones was beasting - had a couple of nice coast-to-coasts. Who needs Royce White when TJones can do that sort of thing? :P

James Anderson had a pretty poor game - he kept getting stripped while trying to do things outside of his comfort zone. I feel like he tries to be too flashy without converting that into any meaningful progress towards the basket or creation of space. Might just be that he felt he should be dominating and was trying too hard though, so I'll give him a few more games to fix that.

That was my impression of Ware too. He looks like he's got Nate Robinson potential, but for him to succeed he's going to have to work really hard to overcome that height disadvantage. Watching him trying to guard the 6'6" MCW was painful.

I also thought Cooley had a decent game - lots of hustle on the glass, which is nice to see. But I don't think he would succeed at the next level. He converted on a difficult little hook shot in the first half, but the fact that the shot was difficult gives me pause - I don't think he has the size or athleticism to make space for himself offensively. Still, we know Morey loves his 6'9" rebounding machines...

On the other team, obviously the star was Michael Carter-Williams. Once he got over the fact that he was being pressured from the half-court line he looked pretty good, but it's difficult to tell how much of that was that he had to do everything himself. The only other guy on the Philly team who did anything useful was Michael Eric, who did a really good job of paint protection, I thought. Blocked some shots and brought down some good boards. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a call-up this year if he can keep that up.

ST

Edited by Sir Thursday, 08 July 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#12 Freebird

Freebird

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 150 posts
                • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:25 PM

Agree with all of the above - Terrence is the future.  Bev fouled a bit much, but other than that, he hounded MCW nicely.  I thought Honeycutt had some moments offensively, but needs to work on the defensive side.  Covington and Ware also had flashes.  Cooley was a ball magnet, full of hustle, and was defensively sound, but needs focus on his offensive game.  Anderson disappeared between his early 3 and his steal in the 4th.

I knew about Canaan's ankle, but where was Blue?  Would also like to see some Henriquez - he was better than average at K-State.

#13 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 933 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Agree with all of the above - Terrence is the future. Bev fouled a bit much, but other than that, he hounded MCW nicely. I thought Honeycutt had some moments offensively, but needs to work on the defensive side. Covington and Ware also had flashes. Cooley was a ball magnet, full of hustle, and was defensively sound, but needs focus on his offensive game. Anderson disappeared between his early 3 and his steal in the 4th.

I knew about Canaan's ankle, but where was Blue? Would also like to see some Henriquez - he was better than average at K-State.

Smith Anderson and Beverly might not play anymore, considering Parsons only played the first game of summer league last season.

#14 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 623 posts
                  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

In the Rockets' second Summer League tilt (against the Jazz), there was no single outstanding performer (no Rockets player scored more than 11), but a few players did impress me.

• I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it is more difficult for wing players to differentiate themselves in a setting like this than any other position. The PGs can distribute and drive, the bigs can rebound and block, and the wing players get left hanging around at the three point line. They take some threes that either go in or miss, and I guess they can impress defensively (although that's difficult as well given the foul-fest that the 'no-foul-outs' policy creates). But having said that, I was quite impressed by BJ Young. He got out well in transition and looked active whenever he was on the court. Seemed to make the most of his time on the court and was able to affect the game a lot more than most wing players do.
                  • Cooley had another game full of hustle and effort. It's great to watch and I'm sure the coaches love it, but sadly I'm not sure he'll be able to compete at the next level. He had a lot of trouble finishing around big bodies - and if they feel big here, just wait until he gets to Vet camp! And while Reggie Evans has shown that you can make a career out of good rebounding and hustle even if you can't shoot, I'm not sure Cooley has the body type to succeed in guarding NBA 5s like Evans does. On the plus side though, he seems to be a good communicator on the court. You can see him barking at teammates all the time.
                  • Caspar Ware looked slightly better defensively when matched up against the slightly smaller Trey Burke than he did against MCW. You can see him trying as hard as he can to make up for the size difference, I just don't think he'll get there (at least not this year...maybe after a year playing in Europe?).

ST

#15 DrewinAbilene

DrewinAbilene

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 63 posts
                  • LocationAbilene

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

Looking forward to watching the Rockets take on the Celtics in a few minutes. I've been getting into basketball more and more over the last few years, but I can't believe I'm streaming summer league basketball in July...

#16 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
                  • 1,647 posts
                  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the reminder...it's on NBAtv for those who don't want to live stream.

#17 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 933 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

It won't let people in Houaton watch it.

#18 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 2,065 posts
                    • Locationhouston

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

check this out rockets giving rook canaan a little rookie treatment I love this stuff

http://www.csnhousto...e-isaiah-canaan

D-12  is going to love this team

#19 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 442 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

Blue had a pretty nice game today.

#20 miketheodio

miketheodio

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 168 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

tjones is doing quite well. just needs a bit more corner 3 and he's perf.

Edited by miketheodio, 10 July 2013 - 11:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users