Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  LMAOwais : (06 July 2013 - 02:42 AM) "sources confirm" is the most bullshit thing
@  bboley24 : (06 July 2013 - 12:32 AM) but paper doesnt mean anything
@  bboley24 : (06 July 2013 - 12:32 AM) on paper
@  bboley24 : (06 July 2013 - 12:32 AM) 2 behind LA
@  bboley24 : (06 July 2013 - 12:31 AM) unBias opinion?
@  LMAOwais : (06 July 2013 - 12:26 AM) On paper where do we stack up in the west now?
@  bboley24 : (06 July 2013 - 12:23 AM) I don't know how this man does it.
@  bboley24 : (06 July 2013 - 12:23 AM) NO WAY
@  thenit : (06 July 2013 - 12:16 AM) Morey is a god he has traded Royce to philly
@  bboley24 : (05 July 2013 - 11:04 PM) Asik with the hawks would be great for him... horford back to the 4 spot and he dominates the middle
@  bboley24 : (05 July 2013 - 11:02 PM) OMer won't be apart of an organization that is willing to get rid of him for someone else...  that's his theory
@  Ostrow : (05 July 2013 - 11:01 PM) Asik http://espn.go.com/n...ard-source-says
@  thenit : (05 July 2013 - 11:01 PM) Nothing today but there were rumours a few days ago that houston was shopping for Lin and Asik, oh well I'm out this is too much stress
@  bboley24 : (05 July 2013 - 11:01 PM) im kidding.
@  bboley24 : (05 July 2013 - 11:01 PM) THIS JUST IN... DWIGHT TO THE WIZARDS
@  Ostrow : (05 July 2013 - 11:00 PM) Haven't seen anything about Lin. Asik does not want to play w/ or back-up Howard
@  thenit : (05 July 2013 - 10:59 PM) if we get smith and d12 i rather have Lin than Asik if I have to trade one of them
@  thenit : (05 July 2013 - 10:59 PM) I'm just gonna go for a run and hopefully when i get back all this will be cleared up. This is such a setup for heartbreak
@  LMAOwais : (05 July 2013 - 10:58 PM) no official announcement from Dwight or his camp. Sources indicate all other teams have been informed they are out. Finalizing details and will announce later tonight/tomorrow
@  bboley24 : (05 July 2013 - 10:58 PM) so we are stuck with lin? and they are moving asik for jsmith because they promised d12 smith?

Photo

ESPN: Dwight Likely To Decide By Friday

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 450 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

New post: ESPN: Dwight Likely To Decide By Friday
    By: John Eby

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter's anonymous source, Dwight Howard hopes to decide on which team to sign with this week:

Quote:

Free-agent center Dwight Howard is hoping to make a decision on which team he will sign with by this Friday, a source close to the talks told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The source also told ESPN that Howard's final decision is "totally up in the air."

Several previous reports had set the date no later than July 10.

And then there's this from Marc Stein:

https://twitter.com/...496774142902273

Just keeping you on your toes, Houston.

#2 Linsane47

Linsane47

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

Marc Stein\'s twitter rumor says Golden State has become a factor because they made an impression on Howard. Doesn\'t this require Lakers to buy into a sign and trade? So far, that seems unlikely based on Lakers\' preference to maintain cap space. What does GS have to offer? Here\'s what San Jose Mercury News says:

http://www.mercuryne...t-dwight-howard

#3 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 840 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

Harrison Barnes, Klah Thompson, Steph Curry.

#4 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 510 posts
        • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

They won´t trade Curry, and I'm not so sure they would be willing to trade Thompson and Barnes. Bogut has to be in there, of course, and maybe adding Barnes would somehow entice it for LA, but they weren't willing to trade Thompson to get Harden, so now that Thompson is proving to be quite deadly from the outside, it's less likely.

I don't see LA excited about any trade that doesn't involve Curry, Bogut and Thompson or Barnes.

#5 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 1,980 posts
        • Locationhouston

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

They won´t trade Curry, and I'm not so sure they would be willing to trade Thompson and Barnes. Bogut has to be in there, of course, and maybe adding Barnes would somehow entice it for LA, but they weren't willing to trade Thompson to get Harden, so now that Thompson is proving to be quite deadly from the outside, it's less likely.

I don't see LA excited about any trade that doesn't involve Curry, Bogut and Thompson or Barnes.

I agree. and to add on to this point. if Howard stays in California he will still be subject to the high tax rates with less money. he can make that money up in Texas, but not in California. also the Lakers will not accept Bogut because it would still leave them paying out the a$$ in luxury tax for a subpar roster. if Howard leaves it also knocks off about 60 mil in luxury tax payment, that's why they have put the word out they will not sign and trade. either they take Howard or the savings that him leaving creates.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 616 posts
        • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

He'll decide on Friday? In that case, I will ignore anything with the words Dwight or Howard in it that I see until tomorrow. Not like there's anything else useful to talk about at this point anyway.

ST

#7 ale11

ale11

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 510 posts
        • LocationMontevideo, Uruguay

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

Trust me, he won't decide until the 10th, unless he already knows where he is going and out of respect and public image, he wants everybody else to think he is truly considering everyone and he is truthful about being in "winning now" mode.

#8 bboley24

bboley24

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 144 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Camps are already starting.  It would be nice to know where you'll be with a player as soon as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users