Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  RollingWave : (19 June 2013 - 05:12 AM) so the head band is like a final power seal for Lebron, only open in absolute need
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:51 AM) Ray Allen, why not. This is going to be 5.2 intense seconds of ball.
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:39 AM) Holy crap, that Parker 3.
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:38 AM) Please let there be a game 7, and let this be the margin in the 4Q of 7. Awesome.
@  RollingWave : (19 June 2013 - 03:18 AM) oh my, this is an epic game .. one more run by Duncan should....
@  2016Champions : (17 June 2013 - 05:26 AM) I had a feeling Ginobili would regress to the mean.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:33 AM) Now I had no idea Ginobli was gonna pull a Wade and turn back the clock. I give Pop the majority of the credit for that.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:32 AM) I don't think it was too ballsy on San Antonio's part. With the way Splitter has been playing and since Miami has started Miller the last two games, I thought it was inevitable that Ginobli would start.
@  RollingWave : (17 June 2013 - 02:57 AM) I must say that both team had some serious ballsy lineup changes this series, Ginobilli start? and dominate?
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 09:26 PM) According to Dr. Klapper, treatment for Parker's hamstring will only last one half. Lateral movement and jumping will be a problem.
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 04:56 AM) Parker said Pop was very angry with him for the constant nagging insisting he can play, Pop really didn't want Parker to play. Just goes to show Pop knows best.
@  RollingWave : (16 June 2013 - 04:28 AM) Parker says his hamstring is almost shot , that would probably doom the Spurs if he can't play at least 80%
@  2016Champions : (15 June 2013 - 12:38 AM) Miami is 6-0 in playoffs following losses (outscoring opponents by 20.7 PPG in those games). They've won 12 straight games following losses.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:50 PM) The Heat are notoriously slow starters. Once they get going it's like a snowball effect, they get more dangerous as they go along.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM) My heart says SA, but my mind says MIA
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 11:06 AM) Anybody else going to San Antone for Game 5??
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 10:15 AM) The Heat is doomed / the Spurs is doom , repeat until game 7
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 06:28 AM) Now that Wade's knee doesn't seem to be bothering him anymore, Spurs are in trouble.
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 06:26 AM) Mark Twain once was quoted--Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Not sure that motivates the Heat but food for thought for whatever that is worth!
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:43 AM) What happened to Parker that second half? Hamstring caught up to him?

Photo

NBA Playoffs Discussion

165 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Discuss the other series' here.  We'll see if another thread is necessary, but I think one should do for now.

#2 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,082 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

The question isn't whether or not we will win or lose, the question is whether or not we will even win one game.

Don't be too quick to assume you're right and the experts are wrong. 

"A fool who recognizes his own ignorance is thereby in fact a wise man, but a fool who considers himself wise -- that is what one really calls a fool." ~Gautama Buddha

#3 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 413 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

I'm excited for GS v. Den and interested to see how spurs lakers turns out, the east first round games aren't all that interesting maybe Celtics v. Knicks will be good.

#4 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 2,082 posts
      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

The only think about GS vs Denver and the Spurs vs Lakers that excites me is the whooping of two teams I would like to see get whooped. I won't be surprised if the Lakers get alot of favorable calls to push it to 5 or 6 games, but honestly I don't think Lakers or GS stand a chance. 

In terms of excitement Memphis vs Clippers doesn't sound great, but if I had to choose just one first round series that will be close I would choose this one. I think the Clippers match up really well against the Grizzlies, but for certain reasons I really want to see the Grizzlies do well so I'm rooting for them. 

Bold prediction of the playoffs: San Antonio Spurs will win it all. Emphasis on bold because I know alot of people will disagree with this, but I think that when Ginobili and Parker slowly start feeling better and better as the playoffs go on, the Spurs will become the monster we saw earlier in the season.

"A fool who recognizes his own ignorance is thereby in fact a wise man, but a fool who considers himself wise -- that is what one really calls a fool." ~Gautama Buddha

#5 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 201 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

I'm actually leaning on Lakers going all the way to the finals. I somehow feels the 2 bigs will be hard to stop. Just a gut feeling.

#6 Richards

Richards

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 171 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Depend of the manner. I will still be happy if we lose good contest.

It will be sad to see if we played ISO and hero balls. 

#7 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
          • 914 posts
          • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

It will interesting to see how it unfolds thenit but I believe Pop and the Spurs will efficiently dispose of the Lakers. But you never know Howard and Gasol could start rolling and only Memphis and OKC could match up.

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#8 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 596 posts
          • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Predictions anyone?

Here's mine:

Heat in 4

Knicks in 7

Pacers in 5

Nets in 6

Thunder in 5 

Spurs in 7

Nuggets in 5

Grizzlies in 6

ST

#9 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 201 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Heat in 4. Just a big class difference

Celtics in 6. Knicks live and die by the 3s and I don't think it will work out in the Playoffs.

Pacers in 6. Atlanta is good enough to win a couple here.

Bulls in 7. Defence beat offence. Thibodou will be the difference

Thunder in 6. I think in 2 of the games we will shoot well enough to win.

Lakers in 6. As I previously said. I don't think Spurs has the manpower to compete with Gasol and Howard. Gasol has looked like an allstar the past few games.

Nuggets in 6. Curry will go off for 40+ in a couple of games and get the W. But Denver is just too good at home.

Grizzlies in 4. Best defence and 2 big men that can shoot FT and rebound. Clipps has Paul only. Griffin is overrated/

#10 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
            • 1,492 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Heat in 4

Knicks in 7

Pacers in 6

Nets in 6

Thunder in 6

Spurs in 5

Nugs in 7

Grizz in 6

#11 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
            • 914 posts
            • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Heat in 4
            Knickabockers in 6
            Pacers in 5
            Nets win out versus a Roseless Bulls in 5

Thunder in 6 (okay, probably 5 unless James has a 50 point game)
            Spurs in 5 (let's get serious, Pop will destroy D'Antoni)
            Denver in 6
            Clippers in 7 (Paul is the best player in the series)

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#12 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,082 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

Heat in 4

Knicks in 7

Pacers in 5

Nets in 6

Thunder in 5

Spurs in 5

Nugs in 5

Grizz in 6

#13 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
            • 1,492 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Here's Zach Lowe's play-off piece...very little about Houston. :(

Quote:

• Houston Rockets. Houston has also played top-10 defense since
            the All-Star break, and the Rockets have been stingy all season whenever
            Omer Asik has been on the floor. Unfortunately, they've drawn the
            nightmare of all matchups. Houston can't even hang its hat on luring the
            Thunder into a small-ball battle, since Oklahoma City with Kevin Durant
            at power forward outclasses the Rockets with Chandler Parsons or Carlos
            Delfino at power forward.

#14 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,082 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

They'll outclass us no matter what, but Parsons at PF is a huge offensive upgrade over Greg Smith or Terrence Jones, and the Asik/Harden pick and roll will be alot more effective with the floor well spread.  

#15 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 596 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Watching Nuggets-Warriors...Thompson is killing it, but the Nuggets have done a number on Curry. I wonder if they'll be able to keep that up all series - you'd imagine at some point he'll break loose.

Also, it's scary what happens when JaVale McGee is plugged in. There was a huge dunk and an amazing block towards the end of the first half.

ST

#16 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
            • 1,492 posts
            • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, I nearly picked GS to beat the Nugs in 7 and then decided Denver's experience would give them the deciding edge....should be a great series.

#17 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 2,082 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

If they can't beat Nuggets without Faried, I don't think they stand a chance when he comes back. Faried isn't a top 5 PF, but Wilson Chandler is a huge downgrade at PF imo.

#18 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 596 posts
            • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

David Lee injury might prove pretty big in the long run for GS. Carl Landry is there to step up, but that will detract from their bench unit.

Still, this is going to be an exciting finish. Warriors down one with the ball and under a minute to play. Andre Miller has been ON FIRE!

ST

#19 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 413 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:10 AM

Great finish to the GS Den game

#20 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator