Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  rockets best... : (09 April 2013 - 02:42 AM) besides it give us a better argument to present to d12
@  rockets best... : (09 April 2013 - 02:41 AM) however I am pulling for them over the lakers just so I can tune in to the fallout when they miss the playoffs
@  rockets best... : (09 April 2013 - 02:39 AM) I don't need a player in particular...I hate them just for being utah
@  bboley24 : (09 April 2013 - 02:37 AM) It's Utah.
@  phaketrash : (08 April 2013 - 07:33 PM) It is okay. With Deron gone, Boozer gone, Kirilenko gone, Okur gone, and Sloan gone...who even remains on the Jazz for us to hate? The mantle was not well passed lol.
@  Paradise : (08 April 2013 - 03:15 PM) I can't believe I want Utah to win. I feel like a traitor to the Rockets :/
@  2016Champions : (08 April 2013 - 02:47 AM) Memphis is one game behind Denver, don't count them out yet.
@  Richards : (08 April 2013 - 02:23 AM) Hmm. GS doesn't want to face Nuggets. I guess.
@  DrewinAbilene : (08 April 2013 - 02:13 AM) Rock on, Jazz!
@  DrewinAbilene : (08 April 2013 - 01:56 AM) Come on Utah! Help us grab the 6 seed and help ruin the Lakers' season!
@  2016Champions : (07 April 2013 - 09:18 PM) I really hope Utah beats GS tonight.
@  2016Champions : (07 April 2013 - 07:13 PM) Yep.
@  Richards : (07 April 2013 - 07:02 PM) Watch almost all this season. :) They (not sure McHale or Sampson) used to do with TD and Lin in the past. Yeah McHale started doing with Lin/Bev for last two games
@  2016Champions : (07 April 2013 - 06:20 PM) That's what he has been doing lately, have you been watching the games?
@  Richards : (07 April 2013 - 06:18 PM) Start Harden for 12 min and Lin for 8. Let Lin start 2nd qtr while harden resting. That would solve some overlapping issues.
@  phaketrash : (07 April 2013 - 05:13 PM) That's because they both sort of need the ball in their hands. Yet it isn't impossible for both to be great simultaneously. Take the Blazers game for instance.
@  thenit : (07 April 2013 - 04:39 PM) Thats almost Linsanity numbers but with better fg%. Its funny that we can't have our two guards having a 4-5 games where both are playing great, we get one here and there, and then one of them are doing great and one struggles
@  2016Champions : (07 April 2013 - 04:03 PM) On the bright side, Jeremy Lin is averaging 19.8 points on 50.9% from the field (45% from three) and 9.3 assists in his last 4 games.
@  2016Champions : (07 April 2013 - 03:11 AM) Yep lol
@  phaketrash : (07 April 2013 - 03:10 AM) So...we don't want to play DEN in the playoffs, amirite? haha

Photo

Houston Rockets @ Denver Nuggets on 4/6/2013

22 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

New post: Houston Rockets @ Denver Nuggets on 4/6/2013

#2 miketheodio

miketheodio

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 43 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Where can you watch this live on tv? I have my csn and its a 2 and a half hour delay. Thanks comcast.

#3 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 424 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Don't they have a csnh2?

#4 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 290 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

Even without gallo and Lawson Denver still ran all over us.

#5 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 757 posts
          • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

There were at least 3 moments in the game where Harden just stood by or lazily went for a steal instead of running back while the while Nuggets stampeded their way towards an easy dunk. Man, I know he's our superstar and all but I think no man should be bigger than the team, I really think McHale should find a way to punish him. If McHale doesn't want to bench him that's understandable, but he needs to make an example of Harden to let the whole team know that it's not acceptable. I'm going to make a seperate thread because this is something to discuss imo.

“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.” 
          ― Frank Zappa

#6 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 290 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

Yeah, Trade him to the kings.

#7 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
            • 339 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

New post: Denver Nuggets 132, Houston Rockets 114 - Sometimes the schedule knows best

#8 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

Can any of you guys tell me why harden only played 29 minutes? I didn't watch the game tonight, but based on the highlights faried just showed us why he should never be compared to T-Rob, he had a couple of massive dunks.

Also was there any positives in this game except that with this loss we won't have to play denver.

#9 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 757 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:48 AM

Can any of you guys tell me why harden only played 29 minutes? I didn't watch the game tonight, but based on the highlights faried just showed us why he should never be compared to T-Rob, he had a couple of massive dunks.

Also was there any positives in this game except that with this loss we won't have to play denver.

We did okay in the first quarter, but from there the fatigue from last night's game against Portland set in and we couldn't keep up with the insane pace anymore. We're a fast team, but Denver made us look like we were standing still (actually there was one possession where Harden literally stood still after turning the ball over and watching on as 5 Denver jerseys sprinted past him for 2 of their 35 fast break points), and with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter it was already clear that this game was over. It was embarrassing, our best player looked like he was ready to pass out, and they were putting the ball through their legs, throwing alley oops, playing globetrotter basketball making an absolute joke of us. McHale was furious. He wisely benched the exhausted starters and let the fresh legs finish off the game against the Nuggets bench, and thankfully we only lost by 18 even though it looked like it was going to be a 30 or 40 point blowout.

Positives that we can take from this game are:

• Lin was fantastic. He showed tonight why his defense is so underrated, and offensively he was hitting huge bail out 3's and attacking non-stop, and he made a couple of very nice floaters which you don't see often from him. He also should have got a few more assists if Asik could finish better.
                • Terrence Jones was great too, he was shooting with confidence and being very aggressive. And that block he got was impressive. 
                • T-Rob looked like he was inspired by Faried because he was showing off his speed and hustle a little bit tonight. It's not easy to outrun the Nuggets on a fast break but he did, I swear he looks like a wide receiver with that speed and athleticism.
                • Greg Smith his usual aggressive self, I feel like he's becoming more and more reliable after every game. 

― Frank Zappa

#10 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 1,050 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

I hate to say I told you guys so, but I told you so.......Denver is a deeper team than us with an first rate coach. I would have liked to seen a better game, but I knew we taking on a tall order. even without galo and Lawson they are still to deep and experienced for us. for all those wanting us to take that sixth spot you just saw what will happen. I'd rather take my chances with the spurs

#11 Steven

Steven

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 424 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

I hate to say I told you guys so, but I told you so.......Denver is a deeper team than us with an first rate coach. I would have liked to seen a better game, but I knew we taking on a tall order. even without galo and Lawson they are still to deep and experienced for us. for all those wanting us to take that sixth spot you just saw what will happen. I'd rather take my chances with the spurs

Yea we saw what a fresh emotional Denver squad can do to a tired who gives a ripe attitudinal Rockets team. Until rest and emotions are equal, then it's all just a flash in the pan.

#12 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:56 AM

Thanks 2016 for the quick recap there.

Looking at the box score it looked like Bev had a decent night 3-3 and 9 assists, and brooks shot 3-5 in garbage, I like to have AB as a joker if we really struggle the first couple of games in the playoffs. Hopefully this game gave him a few minutes he wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

#13 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 1,050 posts
                    • Locationhouston

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Yea we saw what a fresh emotional Denver squad can do to a tired who gives a ripe attitudinal Rockets team. Until rest and emotions are equal, then it's all just a flash in the pan.

they had no trouble kicking our butt the last 6 times they saw us as well

#14 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 757 posts
                    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Denver is the only team we haven't beat this season. 

― Frank Zappa

#15 thenit

thenit

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:10 AM

It's okey we will beat them when it matters in the Western Conference final or having someone taking them out on our way to the finals :)

#16 datruth

datruth

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 59 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

I'm confused with some of the comments. Harden has been bad on defense all year. McHale has bench kids and taken players out of the rotation. Reduce kids minutes and now at the end of the year he's benching Harden. Why not bench him when you bench the rest of the team.  All year long Harden has relax on defense, but now he is getting benched. Again, I'm happy that Mchale is treating all players equally, but what took so long.

#17 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 757 posts
                        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

There's a few things I've asked myself "what took so long?" when it comes to McHale. But maybe we should just be glad he's learning.

― Frank Zappa

#18 phaketrash

phaketrash

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 632 posts
                        • LocationCambridge, MA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

I don't really think McHale is 'learning' anything on this front. I think it is rather due to incentives, at least partially. Early in the season, he didn't have much choice. He needed W's. You can't punish your best player if doing so shoots you in the foot too.

Now he can punish players more easily...we are all but a lock for the playoffs, so benching against a team that we were "supposed" to lose to anyways...when he thinks Harden needs to ride the pine a bit? lol a much more palpable decision

#19 idiotfan

idiotfan

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

ok, at this point, IDK if it's a great idea to face Denver in the first round of the playoffs. These guys are 35-3 at home, with none of the 3 losses versus any of the other 7 western playoff teams. They's tough at home in the thin air, and Houston was flat out tired....... the Rockets are a disaster on the 2nd leg of a back-2-back. There high-tempo style of basket ball tires them out the night before, and tonight you add in the thin air of Denver plus a Nuggets team that runs up and down the court too and you could see the boys just couldn't keep up. Even without Gallinari, Denver is too physical and roster-deep for the Rockets. Not a good matchup. I think maybe playing OKC or SA or Denver would all be about the same kind of challenge. The only team the Rockets probably match up the best against is Memphis, and this still has an outside chance of occuring in the first round.

#20 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 517 posts
                          • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Denver is the only team we haven't beat this season. 

We also failed to beat both Miami and Indiana.

I'm surprised you picked out Greg Smith as a positive tonight, because I thought he had a pretty poor game. Mainly because instead of looking to get clean up buckets and finishing at the rim like he normally does he spent most of his time trying to post up Faried (and it didn't go very well). As I said in my recap, I think that's something he should be doing only occasionally as a change of pace rather than as the main option.

ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users