Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  jorgeaam : (31 January 2014 - 03:06 AM) Also, Davis is a sophomore! Just showing how much of a beast he is
@  jorgeaam : (31 January 2014 - 03:06 AM) Well, yes, but it's incredible to think Nowitzki was selected and he wasn't, only cat. he's better is points, and not by much (1)
@  rocketrick : (31 January 2014 - 02:53 AM) Anthony Davis could still be on the All-Star team as a replacement for Kobe is yet to be determined
@  jorgeaam : (31 January 2014 - 01:54 AM) Anthony Davis not on the all-star team
@  jorgeaam : (31 January 2014 - 01:54 AM) Wow
@  rocketrick : (30 January 2014 - 11:43 AM) Charlotte's bigs were Alonzo Mourning and Larry Johnson. McHale literally gutted it out----
@  rocketrick : (30 January 2014 - 11:42 AM) In game 2 vs Charlotte that last season, McHale had a 30 point, 10 rebound game. Charlotte'
@  rocketrick : (30 January 2014 - 11:37 AM) McHale average 10 points, 5 rebounds in his last regular season, 22 minutes per game. He scored 19 points with 6 rebounds and 3 blocks in the last game he played vs Charlotte in playoffs
@  RollingWave : (30 January 2014 - 10:28 AM) McHale was bothered by very serious foot and ankle injury nearly all of his late career, he could barely walk by the end
@  RollingWave : (30 January 2014 - 10:25 AM) First time we beat Spurs / Mavs on consecutive nights in 25 years, thats right, 25 fing years
@  Dayak : (30 January 2014 - 05:36 AM) Back to back, Spurs and Mavs! I love it.
@  RudyT1995 : (30 January 2014 - 04:38 AM) Re: Mchahle's limp. It might have something to do with his playing the 87 playoffs on a broken foot.
@  feelingsuper... : (30 January 2014 - 04:29 AM) Last night the Spurs, tonight the Mavs, how sweet it is! Yessss!
@  MrLobble : (30 January 2014 - 04:26 AM) question: why does mchale always walk with a super limp like his left N*t is heavy?
@  Opasido : (30 January 2014 - 04:21 AM) Hey Mark cuban, how do you like dwight howard now
@  Opasido : (30 January 2014 - 04:20 AM) Man everything was going against the rockets at the end.. 2 3pt fouls, backcourt violation, howard goal tend, out of bound turnover with 20 secs left
@  thenit : (30 January 2014 - 04:18 AM) Closer than I wanted but DMo stepped up big
@  jorgeaam : (30 January 2014 - 04:17 AM) FSS favorite kind of game, Dallas losing against us
@  Drew in Abilene : (30 January 2014 - 04:17 AM) Back to back against San Antonio and Dallas, both games without Harden and four other Rockets, yet they somehow pull out two wins... Impressive, even if the ending of tonight's game shaved a few years off the end of my life.
@  miketheodio : (30 January 2014 - 04:15 AM) omg...

Photo

Goran Dragic vs. Kyle Lowry: Followup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 873 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:11 AM

New post: Goran Dragic vs. Kyle Lowry: Followup
    By: rahat huq

This was a series I had been writing throughout 2012 when it had initially become apparent that the Rockets would need to make a difficult decision between their two star point guards.  At that time of writing, it was unthinkable that the team would enter the next season with neither player on its roster.  But that's what happened.  Management traded Kyle Lowry for the lottery pick that was used to acquire James Harden; it cut ties with Dragic over a player-option.  You can read that full series by clicking the tag at the bottom of this post.

Last year, it seemed unlikely either of these players would be relevant ever again.  This year, were it not for the glut of guards in the West, both players would be All-Stars.  Dragic, before Eric Bledsoe's injury, had Phoenix on track for the most surprising start in the league, averaging 19.4ppg with a PER of 21.0.  Lowry has Toronto atop the pathetic Eastern Conference standings, sporting a PER of 20.0, 16 points, 7 assists, and 4 boards per game.  He's also very much available for trade.

While the Rockets probably would theoretically have enough to put together a deal, I think that boat has already sailed - I doubt Kevin McHale would want to risk tinkering with the already fragile chemistry of this young team by adding Lowry, despite his awesome abilities.  It is, however, kind of neat to look back to 2011-2012, when it seemed the Rockets had two budding stars, and realize it wasn't fool's gold.  These guys were legit.

#2 since86rocketsfan

since86rocketsfan

• Members
    • Pip
    • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

I felt the same way, I thought it no way we loose both. Even though I loved Lowry, that pick we got for him, helped us get Harden. But with Dragic, Morey should of gave him that extension. He earned it with his play that year, and I have said this a thousand times, if Morey would of knew he was getting Harden he would not have signed Lin, who was way over hyped in New York, after 20 plus games. The Lin signing was out of desperation. If we had Dragic starting and Beverly coming off the bench we would be even better.

#3 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Veteran

• Moderators
      • 2,477 posts
      • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

I felt the same way, I thought it no way we loose both. Even though I loved Lowry, that pick we got for him, helped us get Harden. But with Dragic, Morey should of gave him that extension. He earned it with his play that year, and I have said this a thousand times, if Morey would of knew he was getting Harden he would not have signed Lin, who was way over hyped in New York, after 20 plus games. The Lin signing was out of desperation. If we had Dragic starting and Beverly coming off the bench we would be even better.

daryl-morey_photo_medium.jpg

"Yeah, cuz that's what I do.  I make desperation moves.  I actually have no idea what I'm doing.  I'm just incredibly lucky.  It's not like this has been a lifelong passion of mine..."

morey-wide.jpg

#4 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
      • 1,480 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

I need to clarify my intent with that post b/c a ton of you replied on Twitter "agreeing" with me that the Rockets messed up letting Dragic go.  That wasn't what I was trying to get across.  The point of the post was supposed to be just a fun look at the development of two old friends.

I don't think the Rockets messed up at all.  Even knowing what I know now, I'd still prefer Beverley+Lin to Dragic, just because of that player option on Dragic's contract.  Dragic has been fantastic this year, yes....but remember that he's also playing in a point guard heavy system.  Would Dragic on this team, instead of Beverley/Lin, make this team better/as good as OKC?  I don't think so.  At this point in time, I'd rather have the options that we'll have in '15 than Dragic.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users