Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  thejohnnygold : (21 January 2014 - 03:18 PM) Chandler Parsons is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit today at 4pm Central time. LINK
@  HoopsReportCard : (21 January 2014 - 03:13 PM) https://twitter.com/...467358350548992
@  thenit : (21 January 2014 - 03:51 AM) Bev was real good
@  feelingsuper... : (21 January 2014 - 03:32 AM) It sure is good to have Beverley back, good team win!
@  blakecouey : (21 January 2014 - 03:32 AM) First game back and Bev puts up a gaudy +26. Great win.
@  miketheodio : (21 January 2014 - 02:07 AM) I'm not liking this. Offense losing it's rhythm towards the half.
@  Dayak : (20 January 2014 - 04:34 AM) Great work Justin!
@  Opasido : (19 January 2014 - 02:53 AM) Luke Ridnour's shoes are sweet though..
@  thejohnnygold : (18 January 2014 - 08:36 PM) Justin, you've made it to Reddit.com as well!
@  feelingsuper... : (17 January 2014 - 08:00 PM) Mike and Seth on 610AM just mentioned Justin Wehr's graph comparing Harden favorably to other greats.
@  Richards : (17 January 2014 - 02:38 PM) It seems some already threw white flags. Repeated losses don't rattle them anymore.
@  feelingsuper... : (17 January 2014 - 02:35 PM) I agree Drew. Years ago when I was more emotionally invested this loss would have devastated me. Really this is just part of them paying their dues, I agree with rocketrick in that it will strengthen them. The mention if Asik was not an excuse just a logical thing to mention considering how physical the second half was, Dwight was all alone down low.
@  Drew in Abilene : (17 January 2014 - 02:14 PM) Yes, Houston lost after leading by double digits, but this was against a very strong Thunder team on the second night of a back-to-back with key players injured. Still stinks to lose a winnable game, but I don't see cause for panic.
@  rocketrick : (17 January 2014 - 11:41 AM) This game will stiffen the Rockets backbone for future tussles headed our direction. But man, that was one ugly second half to have to witness in person!
@  Buckko : (17 January 2014 - 07:40 AM) Asik has been injured, and you can't use him as an excuse. We will get him back by the end of the month though.
@  miketheodio : (17 January 2014 - 06:41 AM) another blown double digit lead
@  feelingsuper... : (17 January 2014 - 05:23 AM) Perhaps Harden should have shot more to find his shot in the second half, to get it going. The Rockets sure could use a committed Asik, it's a shame what he did to this team.
@  feelingsuper... : (17 January 2014 - 05:20 AM) I agree, it's crazy. Seventy three in the first half and 19 in the second half.
@  thenit : (17 January 2014 - 05:15 AM) I know but scoring under 20 in second half is deflating
@  feelingsuper... : (17 January 2014 - 05:14 AM) Not entirely unexpected, this is a young team searching for an identity facing a team with a system in place. This won't happen next year.

Photo

Would Morey ever lose in a trade?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Matt Maloney's Ghost

Matt Maloney's Ghost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'm just throwing this out there.

To my knowledge, Morey seems to win in every trade and it's not even that close. In order to get the best value for Omer or Lin, we might not get what Morey feels like he deserves for them. Is he willingly to take a loss in a trade? I still know its early, because the deadline is still a few weeks away but I don't feel like this team is a contender, or even close to it.

I think the need for a stretch 4 is overblown. We need a competent Pass First PG. 

#2 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,010 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

We need neither. We need a wing stopper, and yes Morey did lose a trade, I think it involved the pick that became Batum.

#3 Matt Maloney's Ghost

Matt Maloney's Ghost

• Members
      • Pip
      • 30 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

A wing stopper? really? sit Parsons during crunch time? 

And I am guessing you would prefer Batum over Parsons?

#4 Drew in Abilene

Drew in Abilene

• Moderators
        • 184 posts
        • LocationAbilene

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

I'd argue that Morey would be willing to "lose" a trade if it meant getting back something he values for something that he no longer values as highly. For instance, I could see him shipping out Asik for someone considered a loss, but it would be based on his insider knowledge of how much help Asik would provide in the future. If Asik had made it clear that he will not ever play for Houston again, I'd bet Morey would trade him at a "loss," though it would really be trading an asset that will not help at all for something that would contribute.

#5 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 854 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

. I would take Batum but that's not really the point it turned out to be a bad trade either way. However that's not a big deal considering all the deals he's made its impossible to do well in every single one. The acquisition of a wing that can play both the 2 and 3 would take only a few minuets from parsons who from my perspective plays too many 40 minuet games and such but would be a major upgrade over Garcia/Brewer in the minuets they are currently getting.

#6 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPipPip
          • 876 posts
          • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I'm just throwing this out there.

To my knowledge, Morey seems to win in every trade and it's not even that close. In order to get the best value for Omer or Lin, we might not get what Morey feels like he deserves for them. Is he willingly to take a loss in a trade? I still know its early, because the deadline is still a few weeks away but I don't feel like this team is a contender, or even close to it.

I think the need for a stretch 4 is overblown. We need a competent Pass First PG. 

I would say that a 'loss' in a trade is when it makes your team worse. If Asik isn't going to be playing at 100% for the Rockets again, then frankly anything Morey gets for him is a win at this point. I'm sure Morey would be willing to make a deal where he wasn't getting up to his valuation for his assets, provided it improved the team.

ST

#7 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
          • PipPipPipPipPip
          • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:59 AM

Batum turn out to be a far better player than the ones we got back, one which never played in the NBA. So yeah that was a bad trade. I never said I prefer batum over parsons so please don't make blind assumptions. As Cooper said, to take minutes off of harden and parsons who both are playing about forty and be an upgrade over brewer/garcia and providing needed D at the wing positions.

#8 Dayak

Dayak

• Members
            • Pip
            • 29 posts
            • LocationBorneo Island

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:41 AM

I second to Buckko, we desperately need a wing stopper who can hit 3. All i want is Harden and Parsons to stay healthy when playoff time.

#9 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 3,187 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

@Sir Thursday

I totally agree.........Morey will make trades that help his cause regardless of perceived value of the player being moved. just look at the M-Morris trade last year. was M-Morris worth more than a second round pick............Yes. he was starting to blossom right as we moved him, but at that time we needed the cap room so Morey took a small loss to serve the greater good. he has done this several times so I have no doubt he would do it again if it served as the linchpin for a greater cause

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#10 Buckko

Buckko

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPip
            • 1,010 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:23 AM

Morris still hasn't done much but I think he'll turn into a valuable casspi stretch 4 role player, however I like how markieff is playing. He's got far more fire than his brother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users