Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  miketheodio : (30 December 2013 - 04:01 AM) i agree. just saying all the guys need to have more confidence in their shooting. casspi and garcia particularly (sometimes parsons).
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:58 AM) I saw Ibaka disrupt a lot of shots at the rim tonight, and that wouldn't have happened if Ibaka had to worry about Jones launching 3's
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:57 AM) Even just one guy who defenders can cheat off makes it so much easier to double team Dwight or anyone else
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:56 AM) He's the only one I see defenders blatantly cheating off
@  miketheodio : (30 December 2013 - 03:56 AM) it isn't just jones who is avoiding it though.
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:54 AM) Then there's the intangible element of floor spacing as well. If he wasn't scared to take that shot then the floor would be more spread, and when the floor is completely spread it's practically impossible to stop our penetration
@  miketheodio : (30 December 2013 - 03:54 AM) they just need their confidence back. just turning down good shots too often.
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:52 AM) 33% = 1 PPP
And doesn't doesn't even factor in the chances of an offense rebound. So 33% from 3 is actually very efficient for us.
@  miketheodio : (30 December 2013 - 03:52 AM) i'd like to seem him go back to 2 attempts a game like he was doing earlier.
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:45 AM) I really wish Jones would launch 3's though, as long as he can shoot above 33% I'll take it.
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:44 AM) Regardless of who the better player will be 3 years from now, I still think Jones is the right decision just based on potential alone.
@  blakecouey : (30 December 2013 - 03:41 AM) obvious just knee jerk reaction but worth mentioning due to lamb's development going well.
@  blakecouey : (30 December 2013 - 03:35 AM) I wonder if we'd be better off had we traded T Jones than Lamb,, and buying a PF.
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:32 AM) It's not like we go straight into an iso soon as the ball is up the court. These isos are the follow-ups to failed executions.
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:30 AM) I think you mean poor execution
@  miketheodio : (30 December 2013 - 03:30 AM) i think that's due to poor decision making, not the overall offense.
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:26 AM) Don't get me wrong, I think our defense should be a bigger focus, but the fact Houston is one of the league leaders in isolations is a red flag imo
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:25 AM) Or the Mavericks, or Portland
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:24 AM) Remove those 2 elements from our offense and we're not even a better offensive team than Pheonix, which is sad because we have so much more talent than they do
@  2016Champions : (30 December 2013 - 03:23 AM) Like I said, we can't rely on fast breaks and offensive rebounds

Photo

Asik to ATL, Lin to Bulls for Deng?

33 replies to this topic

#1 Knickabokkaz

Knickabokkaz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

@RealMichaelMa: Here we go again: Rockets/Bulls exploring a possible 3-team deal involving Omer Asik/Jeremy Lin/Luol Deng: http://t.co/M48IF7Gcxu

Your going to get tons of trade rumors. What caught my attention is that this is coming from FOX Sports. Does it mean it's going to happen? Nope, is there any validity to this? Not saying yes or no, stuff comes out of no where. My question is, does it make sense?

I don't think so for the Rockets only because Beverley is out, and you only have Brooks and Canaan left. As a LOF, I'd LOVE for this to happen.

#2 Knickabokkaz

Knickabokkaz

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 122 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Here is another story with the same trade possibility http://www.fantasyba...my-lin-chicago/

#3 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 223 posts
      • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

If even Asik can not be successfully traded, how is it possible for Lin?

LOF here.

#4 Knickabokkaz

Knickabokkaz

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 122 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

If even Asik can not be successfully traded, how is it possible for Lin?

Because Horford is injured in ATL. Supposedly they been interested in Asik before.

#5 BrentYen

BrentYen

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 223 posts
        • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

BTW, if Deng does come to HOU, who starts at SF? Parsons might be demoted?

LOF here.

#6 Dan G

Dan G

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 168 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

BTW, if Deng does come to HOU, who starts at SF? Parsons might be demoted?

It would probably be Jones getting demoted to the bench and Deng would start at PF. I'm not a fan of that trade but I figure that is how it would go down.

Edited by Dan G, 27 December 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#7 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
          • Pip
          • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

Not sure i care for that purposed deal......the only thing I like about it is the expiring Deng contract (Luol Deng that is haha). Maybe go after Amir Johnson in free agency?

#8 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
            • Pip
            • 15 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

Sorry just looked up free agent list....Johnson not until end of 14-15 season. Duncan and nowitzki (they will resign with current team). I guess we can go after someone else.

#9 rm90025

rm90025

• Members
              • Pip
              • 42 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

I think this trade is very good if not ideal for Lin.  He will go to a team whose fan base will embrace his style of play.  He will get Chicago into the playoffs because the only thing they lack is some offensive punch. When Rose gets back, he and Rose will be a dangerous backcourt.  Based on Nate Robinson's experience in Chicago, Lin will likely find a more supportive coach in Thibodeau. The pace that Chicago plays at will also help Lin defensively.

Any trade out of Houston is good for Asik.

For the Rockets, the trade improves them defensively at the perimeter, but hurts them in the paint and is a downgrade offensively.  Deng doesn't have the speed or hops to block shots at the rim or finish at the rim like Jones.  He is more of a traditional SF. Offensively, Beverley will get the minutes on the floor and he will not provide much offensively. The offense will likely bog down into more isolation basketball.  They would need Canaan to emerge to get much use out of the bench.

#10 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 3,132 posts
                • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

I'm not sure if everyone has heard but Al Horford is out for the rest of the season. This adds a lot of motivation for the Hawks to get a deal done, but I think the Hawks will want to get Asik without giving up Millsap which I'm not sure is even possible. 

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#11 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
                • 1,438 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

Luol Deng was pretty much my dream trade target (out of the realistic ones) from the start of the season.  Would add a ton to this team - can play him next to Parsons at the forwards to close out games.  But for Omer AND Lin?  It would be really tough to lose Lin right now, especially with Beverley out.

#12 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 3,132 posts
                  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:34 AM

Omer AND Lin is way too much to give up. If these rumors are true, I have to assume that Michael Ma missed the detail where we're getting Atlanta's 1st otherwise I just don't see how the deal is fair. Atlanta already has Brooklyn's 1st so it's plausible for them to give us the Atlanta 1st and just make it lottery protected. So the deal should look like this:

Houston receives:

Luol Deng

Demarre Carroll

Elton Brand

Atlanta 2014 1st (lottery protected)

Chicago receives:

Jeremy Lin

Atlanta receives: 

Omer Asik

I can probably see other Rockets players being included but I wouldn't know who. Casspi makes sense. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 28 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#13 redfaithful

redfaithful

Rookie

• Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 78 posts
                  • LocationIsrael

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:59 AM

Atlanta doesn't have Brooklyn's 1st, they have the right to swap picks.

#14 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 821 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

I could see Chicago taking a pick from the hawks send us Deng and rockets give the hawks asik.
                    But trading Lin without getting a guard back is asking too much from Beverly and brooks to fill out the rotation.

#15 thenit

thenit

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 379 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

At the deadline I would do this because bev would be healthy if we get a first

#16 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                      • 3,132 posts
                      • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

Atlanta doesn't have Brooklyn's 1st, they have the right to swap picks.

Ah so it will have to be Atlanta's 2015 1st

Edited by 2016Champions, 28 December 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#17 Jatman20

Jatman20

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

2016 Champions i read a report Demarre Carroll is hurt as well. I believe a thumb injury. He will need to pass a physical. I don't like the idea of Parsons playing 4's. Parsons hurt his back vs Portland (the first matchup during that 4 games in 5 night stretch-back spasms). It keeps reoccurring possibly due to matching up with 4's every once in a while. Last play of the first SA game.....he barely made it back to mid-court. Practically crawling.

Can Deng play the 4 consistently.....they usually go Noah © Boozier (PF)?

Edited by Jatman20, 28 December 2013 - 03:50 AM.

#18 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                        • 3,132 posts
                        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

2016 Champions i read a report Demarre Carroll is hurt as well. I believe a thumb injury. He will need to pass a physical. I don't like the idea of Parsons playing 4's. Parsons hurt his back vs Portland (the first matchup during that 4 games in 5 night stretch-back spasms). It keeps reoccurring possibly due to matching up with 4's every once in a while. Last play of the first SA game.....he barely made it back to mid-court. Practically crawling.

Can Deng play the 4 consistently.....they usually go Noah © Boozier (PF)?

I don't know how the rotations will work, but I strongly doubt Parsons will be playing the 4. As for whether Deng can play the 4, I am very, very, confident that he would be an upgrade over Casspi. 

Edited by 2016Champions, 28 December 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#19 NorEastern

NorEastern

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 194 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

I seriously doubt the Rockets are trading anyone but Asik, unless Morey is robbing the other team blind. The Rockets are on the verge of competing for the chip, even without Asik.So even in Asik's case Morey is out there offering a dime for other teams dollar.

#20 Steven

Steven

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPipPip
                          • 1,269 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

Ah so it will have to be Atlanta's 2015 1st

Or the Rockets get the right to switch with the better pick of NJ's pick or Atlanta's pick. Plus a 2015 Atlanta pick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users