Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Dayak : (05 December 2013 - 06:04 AM) J.R. Harden, lol.
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 05:09 AM) @feeling super he had only 15 pts 4-11 shooting which could be put on jh or km he had 5 to and he got blocked about 5 times by guys not known for their defense
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:35 AM) linsanity, hard yo get that label off, anyone with that king of usage rate has high turnovers including harden, Kobe etc
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:34 AM) Jeremy got that label in
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:33 AM) FSS agree to some extent but when hardens shot aren't falling, he has no Impact on the defensive floor and becomes a huge liability, doesn't happen every day when he has a goose egg
@  thenit : (05 December 2013 - 04:32 AM) Fuss
@  RollingWave : (05 December 2013 - 04:32 AM) Remember when folks said our turnover thing was all on Jeremy? yeah I don't either
@  feelingsuper... : (05 December 2013 - 04:24 AM) Dwight did not get stopped, are you joking? They should have ran through him more but hindsight is 20/20. How many more games wil Harden go 0% from three point land?
@  CanSayNOTC : (05 December 2013 - 03:27 AM) when 3 of your best 5.....:D
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 03:20 AM) excuse,excuses 22 to it dont matter who was playing and dwight howard got stopped by pumlee
@  pharmag : (05 December 2013 - 03:16 AM) When 3 of your best 7 players are out its not entirely surprising that the team is struggling....
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 03:13 AM) i see a five game losing streak in store for them rockets.
@  Adi1008 : (05 December 2013 - 03:12 AM) The Rockets could potentially be on an eight game winning streak if they could win the easy games.
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 03:03 AM) omg isthis team great at turning the ball over
@  pharmag : (05 December 2013 - 03:00 AM) He is out with bruised thigh i thinki saw
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 02:59 AM) who knows maybe trade coming
@  CanSayNOTC : (05 December 2013 - 02:58 AM) Why Asik no minutes?
@  pharmag : (05 December 2013 - 02:54 AM) Don't breath too hard on the Phoenix players...it will be a foul...
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 02:44 AM) Is Dwight howard getting outplayed by pumlee tonight?
@  HazeWinkle : (05 December 2013 - 02:41 AM) ohh

Photo

Spreading the minutes - long term optimum?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 redfaithful

redfaithful

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

As the rotation settles on 10 players, thought it would be interesting to discuss the long term distribution of minutes between these ten. Here is my proposal, aiming at reducing current starters minutes to lower the chances of injury:
Harden    32
Parsons   32
Howard    30
Jones     24
Beverley  24
Lin       24
Asik      22
Casspi    20
Garcia    20
Brooks    12

These number don't come with the actual squads (notice Howard and Asik are supposed to play on average 4 minutes together), but that's for another discussion.

Anyone thinks the numbers should be different?

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Admittedly I haven't been able to watch the recent games where Brooks has been playing well, but I would have said you're giving him too many minutes there at the expense of Lin and Beverley. Both are capable of playing ~30 minutes per night when healthy. I like McHale's standard three guard rotation of Harden, Beverley and Lin (assuming no injuries, of course). I would only be giving AB spot minutes.

ST

#3 areteejay789

areteejay789

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

i agree, Brooks will drop out somewhat as Harden returns, with his minutes being split between Jeremy and Beverley. Also i imagine Jones will get a few more minutes than that, maybe at the expense of Omer or Garcia.

#4 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,953 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

If I was McHale I would basically just ask myself "what would Popovich do?" and do that.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#5 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,740 posts
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Can anyone imagine how great the Spurs will be once Kawhi and Duncan get into great form? I think they're our biggest rivals.

Why so Serious? :D

#6 rocketrick

rocketrick

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 975 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Can anyone imagine how great the Spurs will be once Kawhi and Duncan get into great form? I think they're our biggest rivals.

And Danny Green. He's been very quiet to start the season.

#7 rocketrick

rocketrick

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 975 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

If I was McHale I would basically just ask myself "what would Popovich do?" and do that.

That's a great luxury that the Spurs have especially with all the experience they have on their roster and the fact their roster is very stable compared to the Rockets the past couple of seasons.

The Rockets need to capitalize on every possible win going forward as they are still a young and inexperienced team in comparison to the Spurs, Clippers, Heat, Pacers, etc.

Still, it is a quite positive sign to see players like AB and Francisco step up when key players like Harden and Lin are out with injury. If Parsons were to miss some time with injury, that would be a hardship on the Rockets as he seems to be our glue guy and does so much else on the court that doesn't get reflected in the stats.

When you watch NBA games live, you see so much more of what the team is trying to do, what individual players are doing off the ball, etc. that is impossible to see watching the games on TV.

#8 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
        • PipPipPipPipPipPip
        • 2,953 posts
        • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Parsons has been disappointing defensively imo, and he's probably the 4th most impactful player on our team. But I'm just a man with an opinion.

"We're not satisfied with where we're at, but we're optimistic on where things will go from here" - Daryl Morey

#9 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 892 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

Honestly when the thunder kick it into high gear, they should be our main rival.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users