Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Rahat Huq : (23 October 2013 - 11:44 AM) they're fantastic
@  Dan G : (23 October 2013 - 09:49 AM) Hey Rahat, I've been watching the Rose/Simmons previews and good call man. It is some great stuff. I bet the Rockets will be coming up soon.
@  2016Champions : (21 October 2013 - 02:19 PM) Thanks Rahat
@  Rahat Huq : (21 October 2013 - 02:12 PM) thanks guys - i'll address your thoughts in that thread and open it up
@  bboley24 : (21 October 2013 - 05:42 AM) i've never had an issue on this board but dang... someone has really ticked red94 off
@  bboley24 : (21 October 2013 - 05:41 AM) yeah wow
@  2016Champions : (21 October 2013 - 02:23 AM) JG did a complete 180 with his new pinned post lol
@  2016Champions : (21 October 2013 - 02:22 AM) What happened to not walking on egg shells?
@  RollingWave : (19 October 2013 - 03:06 AM) T-rob still looks pretty lost in the Blazers pre-season
@  bboley24 : (19 October 2013 - 01:15 AM) Which signing?
@  Richards : (18 October 2013 - 07:10 PM) This signing is more interesting than others. Rookie, un-drafted, undersized, late in training camp,..
@  2016Champions : (18 October 2013 - 06:47 PM) No, because they have non-guaranteed contracts. Morey does this every year, it doesn't hurt to give them a chance to prove their worth before cutting them.
@  Richards : (18 October 2013 - 06:35 PM) piling assets for trade package?
@  2016Champions : (18 October 2013 - 06:28 PM) And Williams
@  2016Champions : (18 October 2013 - 06:28 PM) I bet Brewer will be gone
@  bboley24 : (18 October 2013 - 02:39 PM) We are still at like 25 players on the roster
@  bboley24 : (18 October 2013 - 02:39 PM) Is anyone getting a rose or what?
@  2016Champions : (17 October 2013 - 10:05 PM) Offensively Dwight has been calling for the ball too much, considering he shoots 80% on pick and rolls but only 44.5% on post ups, not to mention Harden eats defenses from breakfast if you set him a good screen. Hopefully McHale will really push the pick and roll after all this pre-season experimentation.
@  2016Champions : (17 October 2013 - 04:06 AM) I would like to see him sprint back every time but in the half court it's not even fair
@  2016Champions : (17 October 2013 - 04:04 AM) Dwights numbers don't do him justice, he is a one man defensive wrecking machine

Photo

Rockets trade targets

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

Wanted to start this thread for some trade targets that might be flying under the radar.  2016 mentioned Ilyasova who I think is definitely someone we should keep our eye on.

http://www.basketbal.../ilyaser01.html

And of course, there are obviously the usual suspects: Love, Aldridge, Ryan Anderson

I also think that when and if the Rockets eventually do deal Asik, they'll find a way to bring in some unknown, young shotblocking center from somewhere to try and pick up the slack as the backup, possibly from overseas.

#2 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 2,839 posts
    • Locationhouston

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Rahat you guys are burning up the track with new stuff today :lol: I know all the usual suspects, but one that maybe available and flying under the radar is G-Monroe from Detroit. he can play both PF and center. he's not a 3 ball shooter but is a plenty capable scorer in addition to a good rebounder and defender. I know Detroit has a center, but if we can get a third team involved (like Philly) it could be done. plus he is in the last year of his rookie deal so we get a year to watch him before we have to commit any real money to him. next summer he will be a restricted FA with the team holding his bird rights and able to match any offer on him. he will help us keep D-12's minutes down and still provide us with the ability to matchup to the bigger teams in the league

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#3 Losthief

Losthief

Rookie

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 92 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

well, im still a fan of millsap, and millsap's contract more importantly.

Greg monroe would be awesome, great passer too, but i think detriot REALLY likes him.

but under the radar, if we could keep asik and get one of these 3 i think that be ideal:

Jeff Green, celtics, if they do a fire sale.

Amir Johnson,

Jonas Jerebko

#4 DrewinAbilene

DrewinAbilene

Rookie

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 99 posts
      • LocationAbilene

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

I agree with Losthief that Paul Millsap would be a coup. I think Atlanta would be interested in a big lineup that allowed Al Horford to slide back to his natural 4 position. I'm not on board with unloading Asik yet, but if Houston brought back Millsap I wouldn't be as upset at losing Omer.

#5 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPipPip
      • 685 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

Horford/Aldridge/love would be perfect but I don't think we have the pieces for that big a fish.
        Milsap/green/ilyasova/Anderson could be had I would assume which would be nice additions. If they wanted to add a guard/wing or high projected pick and go with a cheap backup Center. I Could see a waiters for asik type deal since there's essentially 0% chance Bynum and varejoe stay healthy and Gilbert is winning 25games a year.or Loul Deng seems very available (but I think he wants a page extension which could be an issue) still he plays great defense and can do enough on offense. Maybe something like glen rice and a first for asik since they'll need a big. Hell maybe morey can use his Jedi mind tricks on the thunder again and steal ibaka.

Edited by Cooper, 22 October 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#6 Rahat Huq

Rahat Huq

Administrator

• Administrators
        • 1,315 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:20 AM

Forgot about Millsap - he'd be a great fit.  Most underrated RAPM in the league, 3 point range, and a sweetheart contract to boot. 

#7 Losthief

Losthief

Rookie

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 92 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

I don't know much about overseas basketball, or watch too much college outside of march, any names you got for young shotblocking bigs on the rockets radar, either stashed or on other teams rahat?

oh, also any new news (lol...) on howard/hardens stance on Omer/Lin since he signed?

Edited by Losthief, 22 October 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#8 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,839 posts
            • Locationhouston

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

how about this

Houston trades Asik to Philly G-Smith to Detroit

Philly trades T-Young to Detroit

Detroit trades Monroe and J-Jerebko to Houston

this trade gives us another promising prospect at PF in Jerebko and give us a starting PF in Monroe who can also play backup center. in addition it moves Asik to the eastern conference and keeps him out of the hands of our immediate competitors. even though Monroe is in the final  year of his rookie deal we would get his bird rights and could match any offer on him if we desire to keep him beyond this year.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#9 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
            • 2,549 posts
            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Forgot about Millsap - he'd be a great fit.  Most underrated RAPM in the league, 3 point range, and a sweetheart contract to boot. 

Agreed on Millsap, I think he can easily make corner 3's above 35% (for what it's worth he made 6 out of 10 corner 3's last season) and even improve upon his best RAPM in our system which is saying a lot. He's a great team player, high IQ hustle guy with underrated defense--has led all big men in steals per minute several times.

Edited by 2016Champions, 22 October 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Debates are destructive as they present one-sided opinions and demolish reasoned arguments, whereas discussions are constructive and encourage the expression of opinion.

Debate is the death of conversation.

#10 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 685 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

how about this

this trade gives us another promising prospect at PF in Jerebko and give us a starting PF in Monroe who can also play backup center. in addition it moves Asik to the eastern conference and keeps him out of the hands of our immediate competitors. even though Monroe is in the final year of his rookie deal we would get his bird rights and could match any offer on him if we desire to keep him beyond this year.

Thad young is too similar to smith for Detroit, and the sixers don't need asik since they don't care about winning games this year and Noel will be ready next year.

#11 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPipPip
              • 728 posts
              • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

how about this

this trade gives us another promising prospect at PF in Jerebko and give us a starting PF in Monroe who can also play backup center. in addition it moves Asik to the eastern conference and keeps him out of the hands of our immediate competitors. even though Monroe is in the final  year of his rookie deal we would get his bird rights and could match any offer on him if we desire to keep him beyond this year.

Detroit laugh at the pitiful return you're giving them for Greg Monroe (who is worth the max in a lot of talent evaluator's eyes) and hang up the phone.

ST

#12 Chichos

Chichos

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 153 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

how about this

I like this trade except for it makes Philly better as Cooper said.  I have been trying to work a threeway trade between

GSW: gets Asik

Houston: Greg Monroe & Bogut

Detroit: Harrison Barnes

The Rockets would have to give up DMo and TJones and maybe some other piece to make it happen.  I think Detroit bites on having the most athletic front court in the league with Barnes, Smith, and Drummond plus they get a fewe more years on Barnes' rookie scale deal.  The Rockets have to take on a ton of salary though.  Maybe would could wrap Portland into this by trying to godfather them with Bogut, Monroe, and cash for Aldridge.  I mean this forum is a place for dreams right?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=lnb3cr3

Dreams can come true in the trade machine.  I guess I should say Portland and Detroit and probably Golden State have real reservations with this trade.

Edited by Chichos, 22 October 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#13 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                • 2,839 posts
                • Locationhouston

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

reading online today and I ran across this

http://www.nba.com/p.../ATL/index.html

appears Horford is unhappy. just trying to make the best of a bad situation. it may be time for Morey to give Ferry a call

#14 vonsteve

vonsteve

• Members
                • Pip
                • 18 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

Speaking of crazy trades. Jalen Rose predicted that Durant will join the Rockets once his contract is up in a couple of years, forming a Howard, Harden, Durant trio. It's crazy, it's impossible, but it's fun to imagine. BTW, he has had a knack for currectly predicting trades that no one else brings up. Ok. I guess technically that wouldn't be a trade, but you know what I mean.

#15 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,839 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Detroit laugh at the pitiful return you're giving them for Greg Monroe (who is worth the max in a lot of talent evaluator's eyes) and hang up the phone.

ST

I don't believe it will take a max offer to get Monroe out of Detroit. if they were as high on him as you believe they would be signing him to an extension to keep him from hitting FA next summer. sure they could always match any offer, but why risk him receiving something outrageous when you could lock him up now? besides they have a promising youngster coming up behind him in Jerebko. what Detroit is looking for is a SF or PG. true we may have to add a draft pick or J-Lin to the deal, but make no mistake Monroe can be had. as for Philly...........do you really think Philly will be that much better with Asik? especially with T-Young gone.............I don't. they have so many holes that filling a couple of them isn't going to make that much difference. they will be bad this year regardless of any deals they make.

#16 TracyJ23

TracyJ23

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Rahat you guys are burning up the track with new stuff today :lol: I know all the usual suspects, but one that maybe available and flying under the radar is G-Monroe from Detroit. he can play both PF and center. he's not a 3 ball shooter but is a plenty capable scorer in addition to a good rebounder and defender. I know Detroit has a center, but if we can get a third team involved (like Philly) it could be done. plus he is in the last year of his rookie deal so we get a year to watch him before we have to commit any real money to him. next summer he will be a restricted FA with the team holding his bird rights and able to match any offer on him. he will help us keep D-12's minutes down and still provide us with the ability to matchup to the bigger teams in the league

Hmm seems like a doable trade but what will Houston do if it doesnt work out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users