Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  bboley24 : (25 September 2013 - 11:40 PM) MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SEASON TO START!!! When is camp starting???
@  RollingWave : (24 September 2013 - 07:29 AM) yeah, twitter is probably best in the side bar format like on the frontpage
@  Rahat Huq : (24 September 2013 - 02:13 AM) No problem, guys. Thought it was worth the test but it ended up being more annoying than anything.
@  bboley24 : (24 September 2013 - 12:32 AM) Yes that was quite annoying... good test run though
@  2016Champions : (23 September 2013 - 06:03 PM) Thank You!
@  Rahat Huq : (22 September 2013 - 09:54 PM) Tweets have been disabled from this area.
@  RocketsTweets : (22 September 2013 - 05:59 PM) Tweet(@ dmorey): Sneak peek of new Rockets locker room http://t.co/099fZFR3zW
@  RocketsTweets : (22 September 2013 - 05:01 PM) Tweet(@ dmorey): Will wait for us to win a real one RT @DHYLNP: @dmorey @ChandlerParsons Print a Larry O'Brien trophy?
@  RocketsTweets : (22 September 2013 - 04:35 PM) Tweet(@ dmorey): My 1st 3D printing projects. Anyone have Rockets thingie's? Daughter wants me 2make @chandlerparsons action figure http://t.co/fMwlMWiO8J
@  Rahat Huq : (21 September 2013 - 06:23 PM) I agree. I'm going to take the Tweets out.
@  timetodienow... : (21 September 2013 - 06:22 PM) Rahat, I think if you put a twitter feed on the side of the page, it would be better. Me, personally, I just don't bother scrolling down to try and find somebody to respond to. I like the twitter idea, but the combination didn't work.
@  feelingsuper... : (21 September 2013 - 04:15 PM) Really just not much going on is there?
@  2016Champions : (21 September 2013 - 05:13 AM) I can't speak for everyone, but the tweets have been the reason I don't use the shoutbox anymore.
@  Rahat Huq : (21 September 2013 - 02:22 AM) Ah ok.
@  RocketsTweets : (21 September 2013 - 01:04 AM) Tweet(@redninetyfour): New Post - How Do the Rockets Beat the Pacific Division?: http://t.co/2hugAoUfMM
@  thenit : (20 September 2013 - 11:27 PM) I just think there's not really anything going on atm
@  Rahat Huq : (20 September 2013 - 11:19 PM) Why did everyone stop using the Shoutbox once I fed the tweets in here? Should I take out the tweet feed?
@  RocketsTweets : (20 September 2013 - 11:01 PM) Tweet(@ dmorey): Everyone building new bball campus doing fantastic job-gives us an edge MT @Geckoswag @dmorey thanked my dad 2day 4job they are doing at TC
@  RocketsTweets : (20 September 2013 - 07:10 PM) Tweet(@ JasonCFriedman): @surreALEX @BenDuBose rest of us cannot touch due to the league's rules and restrictions.
@  RocketsTweets : (20 September 2013 - 07:10 PM) Tweet(@ JasonCFriedman): @surreALEX @BenDuBose Sam Smith has a unique arrangement among nba http://t.co/t8tj9SMzmp writers. He's allowed to write about things the

Photo

Teams To Be Excited For

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Now we all are all jumping for joy over our rockets, but when looking at the rest of NBA there are plenty of of teams to look out for.

Mine are

Utah Jazz for all the potential they have in the young starting 5 along with potential 6th man Brandon Rush and 2014 lottery. Not to mention I want a rocket/Jazz rivalry comeback. 

Orlando Magic because they have some great young pieces in Affalo, Victor, Harris, Harkless, Davis, and Vucevic, and all they need is their 2014 superstar.

Cleveland Cavaliers because I like kyrie, want to watch the improvement of Dion and Thompson, and wonder what a comeback Bynum can do to that team. Personal opinion, I think Dion can be a top 5 SG in a few years with Beal, Butler, and harden as #1.

#2 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

• Moderators
    • 1,876 posts
    • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:48 AM

Curious about MInnesota, Portland, and Detroit.  I think most everything else is a known commodity....except for Dallas...Dallas is a giant question mark for me...I think Cleveland will be fine with or without Bynum because they will have Verajao back.  Oh, and the Pelicans--they will be interesting too.

#3 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 701 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

I don't know what to expect with NOP, will the Brow make the jump, will Gordon be healthy, how will their guard rotation work, will tyreke have a comeback season and hows the C position?

#4 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
      • 1,181 posts
      • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

I know it's a player driven league but I still put stock in organizations from top to bottom. With NOLA I not only see some good young players but I see Williams, Demps and a competitive owner. The fact that Demps and Williams spent quality time in San Antonio bodes well for the Pelicans' future prospects in my opinion.
      The 2012-2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#5 bearkat414

bearkat414

• Members
      • Pip
      • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

76ers.  Does the protege have the skills to be the Aristotle (sinking and going through the odds of the draft rather the the long term con and trade) to Morey's Plato?

#6 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPipPip
        • 701 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:29 AM

Best possible outcome for 76ers would be Noel becomes healthy and is able to weigh 235-240 and becoming the premier shot blocker of the league while adding some form of offensive game. MCW shows he has premier passing abilities along with working on a jumper. NOP do horrible and give them a 6-8 pick landing them a PF (Aron Gordon?) along with winning wiggins. Then Thaddeus continues to improve a bit and becomes the team veteran.

Worst case, noel stays injured and doesn't translate well to the NBA very well. MCW is a bust, and they get screwed by the draft along with NOPs doing good.

#7 RollingWave

RollingWave

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 372 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

I'm excited to see potential trainwrecks like the Lakers / Kings / Detroit / Pelicans ;) they might end up being decent to solid, but also potentially really bad.

#8 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPipPip
            • 701 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

I just want the lakers to do bad enough to not get a major lottery pick.

Edited by Buckko, 22 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#9 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPipPip
              • 646 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I also think Brooklyn could be in that train wreck category since they are so old and expensive they can't really make a move if it starts going bad. Deron is already hurt, no one besides KG plays good defense anymore and Jason Kidds first coaching experience lots of potential issues behind what looks like a solid team on paper.

#10 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPipPip
                • 701 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Agree

#11 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                  • 2,703 posts
                  • Locationhouston

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

I know it's a player driven league but I still put stock in organizations from top to bottom. With NOLA I not only see some good young players but I see Williams, Demps and a competitive owner. The fact that Demps and Williams spent quality time in San Antonio bodes well for the Pelicans' future prospects in my opinion.

I totally agree. something really good is going on in NO. the young core they are building is interesting. this is why I am so against trading Asik to them......all they need is exactly what Asik is, a rebounding paint protecting legitimate 7 footer. it would allow them to push the Brow to PF. that gives them a starting lineup of PG=Holiday, SG=Gordon, SF=Evans, PF=Davis, C=Asik..............that lineup could be trouble in a couple of years if healthy. I really wouldn't mind having Anderson, but sending Asik to them is an off the table idea to me.

Edited by rockets best fan, 23 September 2013 - 07:01 PM.

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

#12 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPipPip
                  • 701 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

I would not want anderson, he is overpaid and a one way player who gets shut down in the playoffs. I honestly don't see NOP with a legit SF, Evans is way to undersized to play against the elite SFs in the league. Thus they are way to overloaded in the backcourt with star power.

#13 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPipPip
                    • 646 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Evans is 6-6 220 with long arms he should be fine. yeah he can't guard Durant but who can?

#14 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPipPip
                      • 1,395 posts
                      • LocationAlabama

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Kawhi probably could

Why so Serious? :D

#15 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPipPip
                      • 701 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

Imagine Evans trying to guard George, Parsons, Hayward, Lebron, Durant, Melo, Lui Deng, Kawhi, Granger, ect.... He is way to short.

Also, did yall here Parsons is around 230 in muscle now.

#16 timetodienow1234567

timetodienow1234567

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPipPip
                        • 1,395 posts
                        • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

I want him to play PF.

Why so Serious? :D

#17 Cooper

Cooper

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPipPip
                        • 646 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Deng Hayward parsons kwahi even granger anymore don't/haven't done much off the dribble they aren't terribly difficult to guard. At 6-6 and 6-11 wing span he can still contest shots from those guys. And guys like Durant lebron melo and probably even George now can easily get 20+ unless they playing one another or being defended by Leonard and to a lesser extent jimmy butler. So I don't see it as a big issue. For example dwade is 6-3 on a good day but guards taller guys quite well because he's got long arms and moves well

#18 Buckko

Buckko

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPipPip
                          • 701 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

I want him to play PF.

His frame is too light, he would get bullied around by larger bigs. That's why we have demo jones and smith

#19 2016Champions

2016Champions

Veteran

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 2,481 posts
                            • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:48 AM

I see Casspi playing PF before Parsons does. 

Debates are destructive as they present one-sided opinions and demolish reasoned arguments, whereas discussions are constructive and encourage the expression of opinion.

Debate is the death of conversation.

#20 rockets best fan

rockets best fan

glad you're on board, but I been on this boat since it left

• Members
                            • PipPipPipPipPipPip
                            • 2,703 posts
                            • Locationhouston

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

Evans is 6-6 220 with long arms he should be fine. yeah he can't guard Durant but who can?

totally agree............Evans is a player everybody in the league knows has no jumper so he must drive and he is still able to get to the rim. he will present defensive problems for some of those SF as well. if the kid ever develops a jumper he will be deadly, because there is no doubt about his ability to get to the rim on just about anybody. he also needs more development in finishing, but in NO watch out this may turn out to be a sleeper signing

you can only warn a man that the bridge is out.....if he keeps driving he's on his own B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users