Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Richards : (01 July 2013 - 04:24 PM) Feeling good on D12's response? Asik/Lin on trading block? To meet Smith? Pretty mixed messages!
@  bboley24 : (30 June 2013 - 08:49 PM) 6'7" stretch.  Dwight move.
@  timetodienow... : (30 June 2013 - 05:16 PM) Has anyone else heard that we signed Robert Covington?
@  Ostrow : (30 June 2013 - 05:07 AM) Looks like CP3 is telling people he is off the market. Think Morey still makes a pitch?
@  2016Champions : (22 June 2013 - 06:12 PM) While we're making changes, is it possible to add the option of spoiler tags?
@  2016Champions : (22 June 2013 - 06:12 PM) Oh I see, there's a time frame now.
@  2016Champions : (22 June 2013 - 06:08 PM) Why was the option of editing posts removed?
@  RollingWave : (19 June 2013 - 05:12 AM) so the head band is like a final power seal for Lebron, only open in absolute need
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:51 AM) Ray Allen, why not. This is going to be 5.2 intense seconds of ball.
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:39 AM) Holy crap, that Parker 3.
@  BenQueens : (19 June 2013 - 03:38 AM) Please let there be a game 7, and let this be the margin in the 4Q of 7. Awesome.
@  RollingWave : (19 June 2013 - 03:18 AM) oh my, this is an epic game .. one more run by Duncan should....
@  2016Champions : (17 June 2013 - 05:26 AM) I had a feeling Ginobili would regress to the mean.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:33 AM) Now I had no idea Ginobli was gonna pull a Wade and turn back the clock. I give Pop the majority of the credit for that.
@  Dan G : (17 June 2013 - 04:32 AM) I don't think it was too ballsy on San Antonio's part. With the way Splitter has been playing and since Miami has started Miller the last two games, I thought it was inevitable that Ginobli would start.
@  RollingWave : (17 June 2013 - 02:57 AM) I must say that both team had some serious ballsy lineup changes this series, Ginobilli start? and dominate?
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 09:26 PM) According to Dr. Klapper, treatment for Parker's hamstring will only last one half. Lateral movement and jumping will be a problem.
@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 04:56 AM) Parker said Pop was very angry with him for the constant nagging insisting he can play, Pop really didn't want Parker to play. Just goes to show Pop knows best.
@  RollingWave : (16 June 2013 - 04:28 AM) Parker says his hamstring is almost shot , that would probably doom the Spurs if he can't play at least 80%
@  2016Champions : (15 June 2013 - 12:38 AM) Miami is 6-0 in playoffs following losses (outscoring opponents by 20.7 PPG in those games). They've won 12 straight games following losses.

Photo

San Diego State gaurd Jamaal Franklin for rockets?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rohlo

rohlo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

been a lifelong rockets fan moved to san diego from houston in 1988..  i have had the joy of watchign the SDSU basketball program rise from the ashes..  watched kawhi leonard and company..   next good palyer to come out of sdsu is gonna be point gaurd jamaal franklin.. this guy can ball, he kind of reminds me of a russell westbrook type player... he would be a good addition to the rockets with a low cap number.he is projected as 1st round pick,but didnt attend the combine!  would work great as well if rockets were to trade LIN and ASIK  in attempts to secure howard..

rockets already passed on SDSU player (kawhi leonard) ,if he is there thye shouldnt pass on him!!

#2 rohlo

rohlo

• Members
    • Pip
    • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

video on jamaal franklin...    i just dont want the spurs to get him and pair him with fellow sdsu alum kawhi leonard..as rockets fans we will have to deal with that tandem setting up the spurs for another 10 years. lol

#3 rohlo

rohlo

• Members
      • Pip
      • 8 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

go rockets

Edited by rohlo, 24 June 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#4 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 183 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

Franklin is interesting in different ways, he literally WAS the SD offense, he had a usage rate like 35-40% or something absurd.

he was not very efficient at all, he was kinda like Allen Iverson in that sense, not efficient , but was doing it at such an absurd volume , 

I have trouble seeing him being used that way in the NBA, who know what would happen there, they say that he actually shoots pretty well in normal situation, except that in game he was always taking very contested shots. when he didn't get to the rim he was taking hail mary shots that almost never goes in.

If he's going to be used differently, what will he be like? I don't think anyone has an idea, but I would generally hote that it seems very unlikely he can play like that in the NBA unless it's for a really bad team (who will remain mostly bad.), guys who did that in the NBA were UTTERLY UNSTOPPABLE in college,  and Franklin wasn't that caliber.

but, he has huge drive, defensively he'll be awesome simply due to energy, I think at worst he's a very good energy guy. but the question is how exactly will his offensive game look in the NBA? because it's likely going to be very very different from what it looked like in college.

It seems likely he'll go in the lotto, or at least really close to it though . if we get a first rounder it seems will draft a stash guy anyway. rather unlikely we'll draft him.

#5 thejohnnygold

thejohnnygold

Advanced Member

• Moderators
          • 1,585 posts
          • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

Agree, unless a sure-fire star falls into our laps we're drafting overseas to keep the salary off the books.

#6 RollingWave

RollingWave

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 183 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

wow, the guy fell all the way to 41, teams must have been really scared off by his jumper I guess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users