Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (16 June 2013 - 04:56 AM) Parker said Pop was very angry with him for the constant nagging insisting he can play, Pop really didn't want Parker to play. Just goes to show Pop knows best.
@  RollingWave : (16 June 2013 - 04:28 AM) Parker says his hamstring is almost shot , that would probably doom the Spurs if he can't play at least 80%
@  2016Champions : (15 June 2013 - 12:38 AM) Miami is 6-0 in playoffs following losses (outscoring opponents by 20.7 PPG in those games). They've won 12 straight games following losses.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:50 PM) The Heat are notoriously slow starters. Once they get going it's like a snowball effect, they get more dangerous as they go along.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM) My heart says SA, but my mind says MIA
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 11:06 AM) Anybody else going to San Antone for Game 5??
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 10:15 AM) The Heat is doomed / the Spurs is doom , repeat until game 7
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 06:28 AM) Now that Wade's knee doesn't seem to be bothering him anymore, Spurs are in trouble.
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 06:26 AM) Mark Twain once was quoted--Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Not sure that motivates the Heat but food for thought for whatever that is worth!
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:43 AM) What happened to Parker that second half? Hamstring caught up to him?
@  Ostrow : (14 June 2013 - 03:57 AM) Has Manu had any good playoff games?
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 03:50 AM) G4 was very interesting, both teams making big adjustments, but I think at the end of the day Wade's rejuvenation / dead cat bounce versus Manu 's continued suck is the difference
@  RollingWave : (13 June 2013 - 08:49 AM) @rocketrick lol good one. I honestly don't know what happens now, I was expecting Spurs to win G3 but not by THAT much
@  rocketrick : (12 June 2013 - 10:55 AM) I can't wait for Game 5 after the Heat burn the Spurs on Thursday night
@  RollingWave : (12 June 2013 - 06:52 AM) The amazing thing is this 2nd rounder and undrafted guy played like super stars while the best player ever an another sure fired HOF guy played like junk
@  BenQueens : (12 June 2013 - 03:19 AM) I know, I couldn't believe it, either!
@  BenQueens : (12 June 2013 - 03:19 AM) Remember that time Gary Neal and Danny Green combined for 50+ in the finals?
@  2016Champions : (11 June 2013 - 07:51 PM) David Weiner ‏@BimaThug 21h
.@JasonCFriedman is a great writer with impeccable integrity. If the Rockets' fine was based on his work, the league should be ashamed.
@  Ostrow : (11 June 2013 - 05:59 PM) My guess? Dallas
@  2016Champions : (11 June 2013 - 12:43 PM) Houston Rockets got fined for tampering. Hawks and some other team got fined too. Stern is stepping up the fines before he's out of office, extra vacation money.

Photo

The Rockets Daily - April 26, 2013

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Red94

Red94

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

New post: The Rockets Daily - April 26, 2013
    By: John Eby

Basic - Very often, an NBA team's problems begin several steps away from the main objective of putting the ball in the hoop--sloppy passing, slow defensive rotations, indecisive movement without the ball, lazy box-outs. The Rockets have the opposite problem, as Jason Friedman explains on the team's official site:

Quote:

There’s a reason why the NBA is referred to as a “make or miss” league. It’s one thing to create quality chances; quite another to capitalize on them. Sometimes the process and the end result don’t play nicely with one another or see eye to eye. That certainly was the case Wednesday night when James Harden and Chandler Parsons – both above average three-point shooters – combined to hit just four of their 17 attempts from beyond the arc. But so long as the Rockets continue to build upon their Game 2 blueprint, the percentages should begin to tilt in their favor soon enough.
    Before the series, Daryl Morey listed "variance" as the key factor that could give Houston a shot to win. After two games, variance has not been kind.

Linjury - The Houston Chronicle reports that Jeremy Lin is listed as day-to-day with a bruised chest muscle. Hopefully he gets well soon. It can't hurt that he has a prayer chain that stretches around the globe.

The Commish - In another note from the Chronicle, David Stern says the Rockets have done a good job of handling the Royce White situation "under the circumstances."

Tweet That- I was feeling okay about Houston's valiant losing effort from Wednesday night. Then I saw this tweet and the ensuing picture:

[blackbirdpie url="https://twitter.com/Gusto_Salazar/status/327508144051863552"]

That would be Parsons trying to close out on Sefolosha's back-breaking 3 near the end of the game. If you were wondering why Kendrick Perkins is an NBA champion and a perennial starter on good teams, now you know. It's all the little things.

The Immortal Kevin McHale - Via The Basketball Jones, Kevin McHale may be a vampire:

Anti-Awards - Omer Asik and James Harden came dangerously close to winning Hickory-High's anti-awards in the categories of most blocked shot attempts and most turnovers in a game, respectively. Way to live life on the edge, guys.

Bad Russell - A fan at the Dream Shake breaks down the shot selection of OKC players, and oh my lands do we ever want Russell Westbrook to keep shooting:

Quote:

A player can score a lot, but can he do it efficiently is a question I always ask myself. Russell's eFG% (fg2m+1.53ptm/fga) is 47%. This puts him in the bottom 3 on the team, only ahead of Derek Fisher and Deandre Liggins. I think that speaks for itself. Russell as well doesn't fair too well in PPS (Points Per Shot) recording only 1.08, which isn't bad, but as for the whole team he is in the bottom 5, behind Sefolosha, Collison, Durant, Ibaka, Martin, and Hasheem Thabeet!
    The Rockets best chance at winning a couple games in this series is in the hands of an OKC guard who played in last year's finals. I'm just not sure which one.

Got any sweet links or suggestions? Email them to [email protected] or message @EbyNews on Twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users