Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  2016Champions : (15 June 2013 - 12:38 AM) Miami is 6-0 in playoffs following losses (outscoring opponents by 20.7 PPG in those games). They've won 12 straight games following losses.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:50 PM) The Heat are notoriously slow starters. Once they get going it's like a snowball effect, they get more dangerous as they go along.
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM) My heart says SA, but my mind says MIA
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 11:06 AM) Anybody else going to San Antone for Game 5??
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 10:15 AM) The Heat is doomed / the Spurs is doom , repeat until game 7
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 06:28 AM) Now that Wade's knee doesn't seem to be bothering him anymore, Spurs are in trouble.
@  rocketrick : (14 June 2013 - 06:26 AM) Mark Twain once was quoted--Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Not sure that motivates the Heat but food for thought for whatever that is worth!
@  2016Champions : (14 June 2013 - 04:43 AM) What happened to Parker that second half? Hamstring caught up to him?
@  Ostrow : (14 June 2013 - 03:57 AM) Has Manu had any good playoff games?
@  RollingWave : (14 June 2013 - 03:50 AM) G4 was very interesting, both teams making big adjustments, but I think at the end of the day Wade's rejuvenation / dead cat bounce versus Manu 's continued suck is the difference
@  RollingWave : (13 June 2013 - 08:49 AM) @rocketrick lol good one. I honestly don't know what happens now, I was expecting Spurs to win G3 but not by THAT much
@  rocketrick : (12 June 2013 - 10:55 AM) I can't wait for Game 5 after the Heat burn the Spurs on Thursday night
@  RollingWave : (12 June 2013 - 06:52 AM) The amazing thing is this 2nd rounder and undrafted guy played like super stars while the best player ever an another sure fired HOF guy played like junk
@  BenQueens : (12 June 2013 - 03:19 AM) I know, I couldn't believe it, either!
@  BenQueens : (12 June 2013 - 03:19 AM) Remember that time Gary Neal and Danny Green combined for 50+ in the finals?
@  2016Champions : (11 June 2013 - 07:51 PM) David Weiner ‏@BimaThug 21h
.@JasonCFriedman is a great writer with impeccable integrity. If the Rockets' fine was based on his work, the league should be ashamed.
@  Ostrow : (11 June 2013 - 05:59 PM) My guess? Dallas
@  2016Champions : (11 June 2013 - 12:43 PM) Houston Rockets got fined for tampering. Hawks and some other team got fined too. Stern is stepping up the fines before he's out of office, extra vacation money.
@  RollingWave : (11 June 2013 - 01:36 AM) But it's not a vacuum, their cost is different, age is different, health is different, and one guy is already on the team
@  RollingWave : (11 June 2013 - 01:33 AM) Dwight -> CP3 -> Harden in order of preference.

Photo

Broussard on Rockets

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

While it's unlikely that Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale will step down, sources say the Rockets will have strong interest in Stan Van Gundy if he does. Of course, the Rockets will be major suitors of Dwight Howard in free agency. Howard and Van Gundy have been on friendly terms this season, texting often, and sources say Howard has gained a newfound respect for Van Gundy's coaching ability this season.

http://m.espn.go.com...src=desktop

The more I learn about McHale the more I like him. His rotations have been questionable in certain games, and I thought his decision to start Greg Smith in game 1 was ill-advised, but the adjustments he made in game 2 were phenomenal. I seriously doubt McHale is going anywhere unless Dwight says "I'll come to Houston if SVG is coach", but even if that happens I have a feeling Morey will try to convince Dwight to give McHale a chance. 

Also, for whatever it's worth, someone who claims he has insider knowledge said Morey calculated a 3% chance that Dwight is coming to Houston. I have no idea what data he used to calculate that but it sounds pretty accurate to me. 

“Every [player] decision has two main components, the scouting or traditional analysis and the numbers … depending on the situation, you weight them differently.” - Daryl Morey

Small sample sizes exaggerate effects. 

Do not read statistics as gospel. Statistics provides tools that you need in order to react intelligently to information you hear or see.

#2 Sir Thursday

Sir Thursday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I tend to ignore Chris Broussard and his 'sources say' stuff. A lot of the time it feels like he acts as a mouthpiece for someone who wants to put out some anonymous propaganda. Wouldn't be surprised if SVG's agent is sprinkling these around. As a general rule the Rockets Front Office is pretty tightlipped on this sort of thing, so I can't see it coming from there.

ST

#3 feelingsupersonic

feelingsupersonic

Officer

• Moderators
  • 893 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

I agree with Sir Thursday about Broussard's sources. When there is something going on he is usually plugged in but these rumors that pop up sometimes reported by him as news seem questionable.

The 2013 Red94 Fantasy Basketball League Champion

#4 tombrokeoff

tombrokeoff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

grain of salt

#5 Freebird

Freebird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Broussard has a terrible track record for any kind of "news" - other than taking credit for stuff that isn't his.  Yahoo breaks a story, and he credits "anonymous sources".  It seems like the NBA uses him to get all the false news out of the way early.

#6 manmythlegend

manmythlegend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I'm just annoyed by the way he E-NUN-SEE-ATES every single word.  

#7 2016Champions

2016Champions

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,021 posts
    • LocationVirginia, USA.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

multiple-sources.gif

lol

“Every [player] decision has two main components, the scouting or traditional analysis and the numbers … depending on the situation, you weight them differently.” - Daryl Morey

Small sample sizes exaggerate effects. 

Do not read statistics as gospel. Statistics provides tools that you need in order to react intelligently to information you hear or see.

#8 Freebird

Freebird

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 134 posts
    • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Damn - why did it take me 4 days to see that?

ROFL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users